chapter 1

Tornados and fatherhood

An overcast of clouds and humidity were cast over Waycross, Georgia during the summer afternoon. The wind was beginning to pick up, the clouds were growing darker with each passing second, and myself and my friends were sitting outside, watching the change of the weather.

Something was bound to happen, yet we weren’t prepared for exactly what was happening.

The events occurred so quickly. A strong tornado seemed to come out of nowhere, picking us up as if we were off The Wizard of Oz. With a series of spins, we suddenly found ourselves hitting the ground with a loud thud. I looked around, taking in the surrounding as it dawned on me where we had landed - South Korea.

However, things seemed off. The atmosphere seemed tense and strange, as if we were in some other dimension..

“Where are we?” Charlie inquired as we stood up, dusting ourselves off.

“I don't know, but I think I've seen this place before - it’s some part of South Korea.” I explained, continuing looking around for any clarification. My gaze landed on a home that seemed oddly familiar, yet strangely different at the same time. Voices could be heard coming from inside, the voices sounding strangely familiar even though we had never been to this house before. Upon further listening, I realized the voices belonged to my favorite band; SS501.
“The fans are going to freak out.” Hyunjoong’s voice hissed.

“We don't have much of a choice.” Youngsaeng chimed in. Just as I was about to approach the door and knock, the door opened, revealing the members of the famous boyband. They seemed quite relaxed about things, but Youngsaeng’s appearance was far different from...normal.

His belly was round and bulging, and it certainly was nothing to do with beer or alcohol. This was from pregnancy - he was pregnant!

This scenario was reminding me of the film Junior, and I shuddered at the sight of him.

“Okay, what the heck is going on?” I asked, managing to find my voice while my friends stared in shock. They all jumped, looking over at us before making their way onto the driveway to speak to us

“Long story.” Hyunjoong groaned, smacking his forehead.

“We have time.” I pointed out.

“Trust us I don't think you do on this one.” Hyungjoon chimed in, sighing out while the others nodded in agreement.

“Hey guys, tornado again?” Jungmin asked. We nodded, rolling our eyes. Kyujong was staring at us in shock.

“Am I the only one who is freaked out by the fact that they just happened to pop up here?” he asked, the obvious look of confusion etched across his face.

“No, but I am happy to see them.” Hyunjoong replied, a smile spread across his face which we happily returned. 

My gaze then darted to Youngsaeng, curiousity taking the best of me which led to me turning to the others.

“Um guys - what’s this about?” I asked, gesturing towards Youngsaeng’s very obvious and protruding belly.

“It's funny that you mention that, and we can explain.” Hyunjoong replied. I started with a raised eyebrow, the look of disbelief only turning to pure shock as Hyunjoong explained what happened. Apparently, a member of a rival boyband had knocked both him and Youngsaeng unconscious, and when they woke up, this was the result - an obviously pregnant Youngsaeng.

“That can't be real.” I shook my head in disbelief, eyes wide as I looked at the bump again.

“I wish it wasn’t real, but it’s true -  Big Bang knocked myself and Hyunjoong hyung unconscious and did some sort of experiment and this was the result.” Youngsaeng replied, rolling his eyes.

“This is crazy,” I sighed before asking once again; “Are you sure you aren’t joking, guys?”

“Feel.” Younsaeng replied, gesturing for me to step closer. I wandered over, placing my hand on his stomach. His belly was warm as if it was an actual mother’s womb, like any normal mother. The bump was big, I even felt a faint kick.

“Whoa.” my eyes went wide. He nodded his head, pulling a photo out from his pocket.

“Check this out too.” he instructed, shoving the photo into my hand. I had a look and gasped yet again; it was a very obvious, very real sonogram photo

“Oh my God, it's real.” I gasped, handing the photo back.

“Obviously.” Younsaeng replied, sighing slightly.

“As odd as this is, it’s also a beautiful sight and I bet it'll be beautiful.” Jaimie remarked. Her words brought a smile to my face, especially she herself was a very good mother. I could see the look of concern in her face, it being clear that she wanted to help us all in anyway she possibly could.

“I can feel it moving around and it kind of feels like it kicks into my stomach; it’s weird.” Youngsaeng remarked, his face screwing with discomfort.

“When that happens, just rub your tummy - let your baby know you’re interacting with him; they like that.” Jaimie advised, giving him a smile. Youngsaeng nodded his head, gently rubbing his hands around the big bump.

“Hey there little - erm - boy, hi.” He softly spoke, giving a small yet confused smile down at his stomach. 

Over the course of the next month, we continued to settle into life with the lads. As much as I hated missing Aunt Mel, I knew it was best to go ahead and use my time to help the boys out. Besides, I enjoyed hanging out with them so really, this was a good use of my time.

“You guys are a godsend.” Hyunjoong remarked one afternoon as we were hanging around.

“Yeah there's no way we'd be able to do this ourselves.” Jungmin added, sighing out as well.

“Well we're stuck here so it’s the least we can do.” I told them, giving them all a sincere smile which they returned.

“That doesn't change the fact that you've done a lot for us, Janie, and we want to pay you back.” Kyujong chimed in as he and the others rose from their seats. Instead of having me cook our dinner as I often did, the boys banned together in the kitchen to prepare the meal of the evening. They prepared a meal consisting classic Korean dishes, the delicious smells filling our nostrils as they filtered through into the lounge. I had to admit, it truly warmed my heart to have them do something so kind for me and I was grateful and honored that they did this to express how thankful they were for us.

After our dinner, I washed up the dishes while everyone retreated to the lounge. Just as I finished the dishes, there was a knock at the door. I made my way over to open, a confused look on my face as I saw their manager at the door. Without even so much as a ‘hello’, he barged in with a look of concern etched across his face. We watched as he took Hyunjoong aside, it being clear by their conversation that this was serious.

And what a serious topic it was - the situation with Big Bang and how the boys and their team were going to handle this.

“So what do we do?  They knocked us out and now one of us pregnant. They are unstable and I want them dealt with.” Hyunjoong sighed, running his hand over his hair.

“I understand that, and we’re trying to find them now. Be real, they are a band so they can't be that hard to find. The police are getting involved and will hopefully have them by the end of the week.” The manager explained. He then pulled some papers from his bag, shoving them into Hyunjoong’s hand. He looked at them with a look of concern, though the manager answered the question that he had clearly been thinking;

“They’re police reports - sign them.” he explained. Hyunjoong scanned over the documents, before sighing slightly and signing at the bottom. The manager thanked him and put them back into his bag, before glancing over at Youngsaeng.

“How is he holding up? “  The manager asked

“He’s okay for now but obviously, he's freaking out.” Hyunjoong sighed, glancing over at their friend as well. The manager nodded his head before turning back to the prized leader of the band.

“And how are you feeling about this?” he asked with a raised eyebrow

“I'm okay as can be expected but this is a little still weird.” Hyunjoong replied, rolling his eyes.

“Do you need anything?” Their manager asked. Hyunjoong simply shook his head. The manager gave him a pat on the shoulder before bidding everyone farewell and leaving the house for the evening. Hyunjoong came over and sat with Youngsaeng, to just talk for a bit and see where his head was at.

“Youngsaengie, how are you feeling?” he sensitively asked. Youngsaeng simply let out a sigh, shrugging his shoulders.

“I feel a little weak, and every time I wake up, I'm sick and now, I’m sensitive to certain smells.” he explained, rolling his eyes as he shifted in discomfort. 

“That would be morning sickness.” I said

“how do I make it stop?” He said.

“It'll stop soon enough. Give it another month or so.” Jaimie said. He did not like the prospect of being sick everyday for another month. But he did respect Jamie's advice. After all she was a natural mother. I smile knowing that my friend had helped someone dear to me. It was great to have family involved.

“Actually if you want to kind of curb it eat a lot of fruit.” Jaimie said.

“that I can do thanks for the advice.” He said.

“Yeah believe it or not stuff like that happens especially when you have boys.” She said and her face change from a smile to a frown.

“I'm sorry that I upset you.” Youngsaeng said.

“It wasn't you.” Jaimie replied.

“It's okay Jaimie we love you.” Kyujong said.

“Thanks it helps to know that even you guys care but I want my boys back.” Jaimie said. The band gather around her. They all hugged her.  It was a sweet moment. I was glad that they were around for her.

“Oh you guys are so sweet.” She said.

“Yeah it's just what we do.” Hyunjoong said. Jaimie attempted to help Youngsaeng any way she could.  She wanted them to have an easy pregnancy so she decided to teach him a few of the basics. It was honored to see her teach such things to a guy. Still it was a sweet moment. I was glad I got to experience it.

“Hey if you really want to stay healthy you can eat a lot of fish.” She said.

“I don’t enjoy fish.” He said.

“Well there's also vitamins you can take.” She replied.

“Like what?” He said.  

“I'm taking folic acid and it's really good for you.” She said. Suddenly Youngsaeng gripped his stomach. I thought something was wrong for a minute. The baby had kicked. That was odd for us but worse for him. He was horrified.

“What is this feeling.” He said.

“The baby kicked it's kind of normal feels weird though doesn't it.” Jaimie said. Hyunjoong looked at his  dear friend.  Youngsaeng offered him a hand placing it on his stomach. Hyunjoong finally felt the baby kick. It was odd for him. But for some odd reason he liked it.

“Wow that's a strong kick.” Hyunjoong said

“I know it's really really weird from the inside.” Youngsaeng said. Enchanted by the moment the band decided to do something a little unorthodox. They wanted to welcome the new addition to their family. So they did what any pop group would and sing to it. As long as it was they all had fun. Youngsaeng felt the baby stop moving and assumed it was a sleep.

“He's going to be a beautiful kid.” Hyunjoong  says.

“I can't wait to meet the little guy.” Hyungjoon says. Suddenly a wave of feelings overcame the room. All of them felt closer than ever.  They weren't just a band now. They were family.  They were going to help each other and Youngsaeng raise the kid. At that point they just wanted him to know that he was loved.

“Any Cravings yet.” Hyunjoong said. “Yes for some reason I want ice cream and ramen noodles.” Youngsaeng said.

“I'll take kyujongie and go grab you some then.” Hyunjoong replied. While the others were gone, Youngsaeng and Jungmin watched a bit of TV together.  Unfortunately he seemed to be a bit  white-faced. Youngsaeng noticed he was also a bit weak. Finally he clenched his chest. It seemed as heart was acting up again. While everyone was gone we took the time to Spruce things up a bit. We even cooked a little dinner for them. After all we felt as a guest in their house they deserved a little something special. We were visiting but that didn't mean we couldn't help. At least this way they didn't all have to take part in his weird craving.

“Hey guys what have you been doing this whole time?” Hyunjoong asked coming into the kitchen.

“Cooking. Or do you want to try The odd mixture of ice cream and ramen?” Josh said.   

“Good point.” Kyujong said. They hurried to get ready for dinner. The food would they ate hungrily was delicious. After dinner they seemed happy to entertain guests.  They were glad to have us around to help and just as friends.

“I have to say it was a perfect night.”  Hyunjoong said.

“Yeah I even got my craving.” Youngsaeng said.