one

11:11

“It’s 11:11, what is your wish?” Hoseok speaks up, breaking the comfortable silence that has enveloped the trio. It is quarter to midnight, the sky that is usually dimmed by the city lights was now glistening in stars. The only audible sound was the sound of the wind that would occasionally blow and cause the leaves on the branches to rustle.

Seulgi sits up, her gaze still fixed on the sky. “Happiness,” she states simply. Yoongi snickered at her remark, earning himself a glare from both Seulgi and Hoseok.

“Well do you have anything better?” she questioned.

You.

No.” he shrugged. It was not a secret that Min Yoongi did not believe in magic, he would express his distaste on the matter whenever there was a chance. His birthday cake never had candles on top nor did he ever pick up a dandelion that would grow on the side of the road. 

“Sometimes wishes do come true,” Hoseok pointed out.

“Well I must be an exception then,” he muttered as he stood up. A long time ago he has learned not to explain things to people because it misleads them into thinking that they’re entitled to know everything he does. Seulgi and Hoseok both stared at him as he started picking his belongings up “It’s getting late, we should go back.” 

Hoseok put his jacket on and walked inside the car, not sparing either of them a glance.

“What’s up with him?” Yoongi asked as if Seulgi somehow knew the answer. The latter shook her head.

“He will come around surely. What about you though? Are you okay?” 

No, I am not. I am everything but okay. I’m getting tired of feeling like every day.

“Never been better.”

Bae Joohyun was just an ordinary girl living an ordinary life, so it was not a surprise that she was currently in the laundry room instead of Namjoon’s huge party. The party was held in some abandoned house that a bunch of reckless teenagers would destroy in no time. Kim Namjoon was very well known across the campus, his status was deserved by his funny and outgoing personality. He would often throw parties which resulted in the entire campus being completely empty. Because of that, she was surprised to see a tall, lean figure loading the washing machine in the middle of the room. 

Trying to be as quiet as possible, she tiptoed to the other side of the room. Releasing a breath she didn’t even realize she was holding, she took one last glimpse of the boy in front of her. He didn’t seem to notice her presence as he started pouring some soap into the designated slot. His broad shoulders made him look very manly and mischievous but his pastel pink sweatshirt made him look soft and vulnerable.

What a strange guy.

“Woah! You surprised me!” he exclaimed, breaking Joohyun’s train of thoughts. His breathing was erratic and his heart was pumping fast as he clutched his chest.

“I’m sorry.” she yelped. She must’ve been so deep in thought that she didn’t even notice him turning around. After what felt like an eternity he finally looked up and met her worrying gaze.

“It’s okay, I just wasn’t expecting to see anyone here. Namjoon is holding a party tonight so I presumed that everyone was attending it. Apparently, I was wrong.” he smiled. She weakly nodded, not trusting her voice to speak up. Was it embarrassment?

“My name is Seokjin. It was nice meeting you.” he stuck his arm out for her to shake. She glanced from his hand to her shaky hands. Closing her eyes, she cursed at herself for being so... awkward. With discomfort latched onto his face, he let his hand fall to his side. “Well, I better get going now.”

After hearing that sentence escaping his lips, she yelled in panic.

“Joohyun!”  

“What?”

“My name... It’s Joohyun.”

“It was really nice meeting you Joohyun. I hope to see you around.”

I hope so too.

It was Saturday night - a night when Yerim would relax in the comfort of her dorm and watch funny cat videos on her phone with her roommate, Sooyoung. Occasionally they would even make themselves two mugs of hot chocolate and enjoy it while watching the sun set behind the mountains that seemed so far away. 

It may be a Saturday night but Yerim was not spending it like she had planned. She was not snuggled up in a blanket nor was she sipping delicious hot chocolate. Instead, she was at a party and she was not enjoying it. Her brother has always been popular for his extraordinary parties and she absolutely despised every single one. Nothing better than a bunch of drunk, lust-filled teenagers dancing to some overrated pop song that was way too loud for her liking, right?

“You really hate being here, don’t you?” Taehyung said as he took a sip of his beverage.

“How did you know?”

Well you might as well just write ‘I hate my brother for making me attend these stupid parties’ on your forehead if you want to make it a bit more obvious than it already is.” the boy retorts. She shakes her head.

“It wasn’t him who made me come to this party.” she was quick to defend her brother. “It was the little that fell asleep.” she remarked. Both of them turned their attention towards Sooyoung’s sleeping posture. Yerim couldn’t help but note how innocent she looked, even with the trail of drool on her chin.

Taehyung chuckled and leaned Sooyoung’s head on his shoulder, giving her a kiss on top of her head. “Let her be. She’s been through a lot this past week. With Sungjae going abroad and everything.”

“I know. But she was the one to break up with him.”

“Not a lot of people can cope with a long distance relationship and she is obviously not one of them.” he chimed as he played with her brown locks. To an onlooker, the two would most likely seem like a couple. But that was the thing, they weren’t two lovers. They were just two friends whose bond only gets stronger day by day. 

Suddenly, the huge mass of bodies has formed in a circle, leaving space in the middle. It was obvious that a dance battle was supposed to start where two arrogant boys would most likely flash their toned bodies to a dozen of girls who will then proceed to scream in their high-pitched voices. Amazing...

Just like Yerim had predicted, a boy made his way to the middle of the circle. She got a clear view of his form from where she was sitting with her two friends. He ran a hand through his dark brown hair, readjusting his bangs that were covering his eyes slightly. He seemed... nervous. 

That is a first.

A remix of some popular song she barely recognized started playing. And as soon as the music started playing, his tense expression was gone and was replaced by a fierce gaze. His body moved to the tune wowing the audience. All eyes were on him as they watched him moving to the rhythm. He closed his eyes for a split second and rolled his body. Yerim was astonished at the way he moved and expressed himself through dancing. His moves were addictive and she couldn’t get enough of the steadiness and determination in his eyes and for the first time ever, she wished that the song was longer.

The crowd erupted into cheers. He smiled, corner of his eyes crinkling up. Namjoon pushed through the crowd and patted the mysterious boy on the back.

“Everyone give another round of applause for Jeon Jungkook!”

Jeon Jungkook...

 The eventful night has continued. The moon was still shining brightly and the stars were twinkling in the sky even as an airplane took off. Two specific passengers on it were traveling to the same destination, to the same dorms. They were excited for new adventures to conquer and new goals to accomplish.

Son Seungwan and Park Jimin better get ready...