Mission: Lightsaber #1

Mission: Lightsaber

It was never suppose to happen. Sehun was never suppose to step one foot out of his room, let alone motel, by himself. As the Crown Prince of Korea, he was the target of many hitmen and assassins. Of the many, there was one assassin he had to be extremely aware of. He goes by the alias Kai, who is the notourious killer in the assassin community. It is rumored that the said assassin had a personal vendetta with the Crown Prince, and he himself does not deny it.

Baekhyun, the Crown Prince's newly assigned bodyguard, was given the mission to transport him out the capital and into hiding. He was already acquaintance with the Prince, meeting him a few times at the bar and royal parties, and felt more than honored to serve him. But all the trouble he had given him, attracting gangs and starting fights, Baekhyun really want to refund that honor.

Through their journey together, Baekhyun managed to convince some friends to help him. Chanyeol, who Baekhyun called specifically, was the Captain of the Royal Guard who was the first to tag along. Since he was slightly taller than the rebellious prince, he could probably get him under control faster. The trio then met D.O. and Chen, two skilled mercenaries that had done a few jobs with Baekhyun, in South Chungcheon at some random rest stop. Turns out the duo are currently not on a job, so Baekhyun practically begged them to help. They finally agreed after dealing with payment.

Baekhyun thought four people transporting one troublesome prince was more than enough protection. Well... He was lucky to have his three friends otherwise the Prince would be dead by now....So many encounters with various killers and many kidnappings of the prince that it was almost ridiculous that it was happening.

His goal was Busan by car which was never suppose to take this long.

...

So how exactly did Crown Prince Oh Sehun leave his motel with two mercenaries and the Captain of the Royal Guard babysitting? And of course, don't forget, it was clearly Baekhyun's fault.

They stopped at a motel in Daegu. Baekhyun told the trio remaining to WATCH. HIM. He is cunning and manipulative. There was a reason a great deal of people wanted him dead. And alive. He wasn't particularly a harmful person as far as Baekhyun knew.

So Baekhyun thought it was probably ok to leave the prince with the trio (they were professionals after all). He decided to run to the nearest gas station and restock on snacks and water bottles. He popped a lollipop in his mouth and waltz into the store. He twirled the lightsaber in his hand to show off the 'high class importance' vibe even though he was dressed as some delinquent teenager. There was no one at the counter to show off to so it was practically a waste of energy (the damn lightsaber is pretty heavy). He turn out of an aisle and soon after his phone vibrated in his pocket. He was gone for only ten minutes and Chanyeol was already calling him, what could the man want?

He answered to hear ruckus in the background. D.O. and Chen were bickering in the background with much movement. There was no fighting for sure...

"Hyung, Sehun's gone and his tracker isn't responding-"

Oh what news... the Prince is gone.

"What do you mean he's 'gone'," Baekhyun hissed between his teeth, "you guys were suppose to watch the damn prince! WHERE. IS. HE?"

He was clenching and unclenching his free hand. It was an easy task. He wasn't even gone for too long and the prince managed to escape from the grasps of three professionals.

"W-We don't know. He left his phone and took my lightsaber-"

He threw his phone and listen to the shattering of the screen. Fire was coursing his veins. Tracker not responding? They wouldn't be able to find him. No phone? He couldn't call help. Lightsaber? Giving away he was in league with royalty. Baekhyun pushed the snacks off the shelf to vent his anger. He glared at the fallen snacks and let out a shuttered breath. He really is trying to get himself killed. That suicidal piece of . This is madness. Baekhyun felt he was losing his mind because of the damn prince. The King will have his head if he ever found out Sehun was walking the dark streets of Daegu alone. Maybe have his body in pieces if he got Sehun's head as a gift.

Freaking out isn't helping, Baekhyun told himself. He needed to calm down and go help the guys find him. He should've known. Really. But with the weak frail Prince facade, Baekhyun ultimately fell for the trap and lowered his guard. He should've known he was playing all of them. Sehun mostly likely knew how to fight and kill. There was no physical proof that showed he could, but it just felt right if you take one look at the guy. But then he shows a soft, squish, never-harm-a-fly side and really makes you question all the horrible things he's rumored to have done.

The bodyguard grabbed a water bottle and chugged a third of it. He really is losing his mind over the prince who is a head taller than him. His shattered phone vibrated on the floor. It was Chen. He took a deep breath and reached for the device.

"What?"

"I'm guessing you trashed some place 'cause you're not back yet," Chen stated in a matter-of-fact way. "But anyways you really need to come back," there was a quick pause, "Kai is on the move."

The call ended and Baekhyun rushed to get what he was there for. He grabbed a few water bottles and snacks and dashed out of the shop, not forgetting to leave wrinkled bills at the counter. He return to motel in no time and fumbled infront of the door of their booked room. He settled with banging his head on the door because his hands were full.

A disheveled Chanyeol opened the door and was pushed aside by Baekhyun. The room looked the same as before except D.O.'s computer hardware was already set up on the desk. Baekhyun dumped the bottles and snacks on the bed and turned to glare at Chanyeol.

"HOW?" was the first thing Baekhyun demanded.

Chanyeol was a few steps behind Baekhyun and stopped when he turned. He averted his eyes and rubbed the back of his neck. "When you left he made us some drinks-"

"And you drank it?"

Chanyeol bit his lip and nodded. "He put something in the drink and before we knew it, Chen and I were out like a light. D.O. was the only one who didn't drink it."

Baekhyun turned to the man at the laptop. "I was in the shower," D.O. mumbled without looking away from the screen, "I woke the two up when I got out. Sehun was long gone by then."

Baekhyun groaned and swiped his bangs back. He spot Chen fiddling with a red iPhone, known to be Sehun's. "Did you get anything from his phone?"

"I'm checking his messages-"

"Guys, come look at this," D.O. cuts in.

The trio instantly crowd around the younger. He had many browsers opened, but enlarged the one he wanted use to look at. It was CCTV cam of Sehun in a white jacket exiting the motel. He talked to a man on a white motorcycle and offered a couple of bills. The man reluctantly took the money and handed over the bike and helmet. Soon after he rode away.

"So?" Chanyeol perked.

"The motorcycle was last seen three minutes ago at this club-" D.O. changed to another browser of another CCTV cam. Sehun dismounted the bike and entered the club with Chanyeol's lightsaber in hand.

Chen and Chanyeol backed away from the desk and started to get ready to leave. "And Kai?" Baekhyun asked.

D.O. got up from the chair and started to pack away his hardware. "He's going to that club at this very moment," he replied quickly, "we need to go. NOW."

Baekhyun helped load everything into the van and already started on to the road toward the club. D.O. was still using his laptop in the passanger seat.

"No weapons allowed in the club guys," he warned.

Chen snicked in the back seat, "definately no way that's happening."

"If the guy wanted a drink, he could've asked Baek to buy a bottle of soju. It's ridiculous to go all this way to drug us and sneek out!" Chanyeol whined.

"It's not about drinking, Chan," Chen spoke, "listen." 

He raised the volume on the phone and silence consumed the van. A female voice was heard before it was replaced by a male's. Sehun was heard making a list of threats toward the male concerning the female's safety. A deep laugh was heard, shutting Sehun up. A meeting time and place, nine PM at seen club, was given and ordered Sehun to come alone or the hostage will die. The call ends abruptly along with the recording.

"Man, he's smart," Chanyeol grumbled with little sarcasm.

Baekhyun kept his eyes on the road, but his mind was elsewhere. Sehun must have already planned everything. Saving the girl and trading himself for her place... was that the plan? Of course there's no way Baekhyun could let that happen. It must have been calculated. The four of them are most likely going to have to secure the girl before proceeding to Sehun. Get in. Get out. But the problem is: Did Sehun calculate Kai's showing?

They were close to the club, having to exit the freeway and go through a little traffic. "Where's Kai?"

"The club, just finished inspection and is already looking for Sehun," D.O. replied.

"W-Wait, Kai has nothing to do with this?"

"Lucky he isn't. Otherwise, it would've been messy..."

Baekhyun roughly parked the van and hid a few knives safely on himself. He got out with the rest and took a deep breath. Get in. Get out. Handle Kai ASAP. 


A/N: There's going to be another chapter so consider this fic as a twoshot...if that's a thing. I can't guarantee when it will be up, but I will post it! Comments are very much appreciated!!!