Welcome

ISLAND (ON HOLD)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Playlist: iKon - Airplane

“You’re going to that island, no matter what, you are old enough to take over the Zoo.” Mr. Bae said

“I love what I am doing now dad. I’m not into business.”

“For the sake of this family, please Bae Joohyun. You’re my only hope. Please my Joohyun..”

Irene P.O.V

Here I am, on a flight heading to Wonder Island. My family owns a Zoo on that island, I never thought that I’m going to take over the business. It used to be my brother who takes care of the Zoo, but now he’s gone.

The clouds outside of airplane window remind me of my childhood years where I don't have to worry about anything in my life.

Just full of happiness.

I miss that.

“Did you need anything Miss?” a flight attendant asked me

“Oh, no..thank you” I smiled.

I lean my head back and his face suddenly hits in my mind.

Yes, Park Bogum.

My first love and kinda jerk.

All the memories we created together hit me hard. We’ve been dating for 2 years. At first, he’s my classmates and falling in love with each other afterward. It was perfect until Bogum being unfaithful in our relationship. He admitted it, and make a decision to leave me over Kim Hyeri.

After that, my life was living hell. I become an introvert, locked out myself in my room all day, crying all day, and much worse is dealing with depression.

My parents worried about me and it took me a year to recover.

I find back my strength and never looked back but sometimes it affects me. I don’t trust men anymore. Well, not for now.

Here I am, arrived in Wonder Island. The airport is small but still crowded with people who waiting in the arrival hall.

My eyes looking around to search for someone that my dad told me that it will be my Secretary. Then I saw a dark brown hair girl, wear a knee length floral dress lift up the paper that says ‘BAE JOOHYUN FROM SOUTH KOREA.’

“Hi, I’m Bae Joohyun” I walked towards her and bow.

“Miss Bae, Hi..I’m Kang Seulgi, your secretary. Come, I will you drop you to your new house here and welcome to the Wonder Island.” She bow back and pulled my luggage

“Thank you…Ahh, it's okay, I can manage this..” I refused Seulgi to pull my luggage

Seulgi walked to a parking lot where she parked her car and I followed her.

After entering the car, I kept silent through the journey.

“Do you like it here? The scenery is very beautiful. Trust me, you will be amazed.” Seulgi trying to break the ice with me

“It’s been a long time since I’ve been here, the smells of fresh air here is still the same…”

“Yes, no wonder Wonder Island is one of the beautiful Island in the world Miss Bae.”

“Please called me Irene, my English name.”

“Alright, Miss Irene…”

“So, how’s the Zoo?”

“The Zoo is good, the foreign and local people like it there.”

After 20 minutes, we arrived at the huge entrance of my family Zoo.

WONDER ZOO

I can hear the sounds of animals. It’s a good feeling, like entering a new world.

The car stopped at the big bungalow house. It's my family house in this island. This is going to be my house. My new life begins here.

“This is your house Miss Irene, do you need anything else?” Seulgi asked as we enter the bungalow

“No, I’m fine..I’m going to look around this Zoo by myself, you can go home and rest. We’ll meet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter