Forgiveness

Hurt

For Kibum, it was indeed a long night.  A night full of constant worries of his love.

His love's state beforehand was already questionable, but knowing the lad for the past ten years, Kibum assumed that he needed time with his own thoughts. He was fine giving him space and didn't regret doing so because the latter was fine shortly afterward. However, it was until they were parting he felt a change.

Lee Jinki, the man Kibum truly admires, truly cherishes, but most of all, the man he truly loves left him with uncertainty the night before. Kibum couldn't see it beforehand, but he definitely felt it after it was a little too late. It was evident. He clearly sensed it, but he was blinded by his trust.

Although he wanted to trust the man he loves being on his own, numerous of signs told him otherwise.

Throughout the night, for example, he tossed and turned. The sleeplessness lingered 'til after 2, and that was no time for an idol such as Kibum to be awake. Knowing Jinki wasn't by his side or resting safe and sound in his own home worried him. It was only natural since Jinki was the man that has his heart. However, the worry hit him deeply. Straight to his gut and that was no good.

Though Jinki promised to call the moment he arrived home, Kibum drifted into a short slumber waiting. It slipped his mind due to exhaustion, but Kibum's heart ached the second he awakened to no calls. Not from the one he wanted to hear. Instead, he received two calls and a long text from Jonghyun the next morning.

Puzzled, Kibum groggily lifted himself from his bed and slowly exited the room. He headed straight to the kitchen, turning on his coffee machine to at least use something to ease his slight heartache. Naturally, he's upset but he wanted to believe that Jinki simply forgot and that he's safely home. Possibly resting like a child after a long day at the park.

As he cautiously poured coffee into a mug, he sighed at the thought of a resting Jinki. Only because that's what he wants to believe. And at that moment, the mug suddenly shattered within his grip, spilling the heated liquid all over the tiled floor, also slightly burning his hand in the process. Instantly, he blamed the mug's age for the incident. However, he deeply felt that it was intentional; he felt that it was indeed a sign that something was wrong.

Immediately, he retrieved his smartphone from his pocket and redialed Jonghyun's missed call.

After a couple seconds of ringing, Jonghyun answered. Sounding extremely distressed, he shouted, "Kibum, did you read my text..." from the other end of the line. Though Kibum had no idea of what happened, his heart dropped in that instant.

"No, what happened?" he cautiously replied, now tightly gripping his phone.

The other fell silent on the other line, deeply sighing but hesitant to speak. At that moment, Kibum knew it was something he feared. Something that could hurt him and that is why Jonghyun couldn't say a thing. Rather than leaving him silent, as much that he wanted to, Jonghyun uttered, "Check the text, please," and immediately hung up.

Kibum only swallowed back his tears, it was too soon to assume, he thought. However, his heart had already leaped.

He opened the message, only seeing a paragraph that tells Kibum to immediately call Jonghyun back under any circumstance and to not watch any TV quite yet. Again, he only worried more. Then, suddenly he received another message from Jonghyun, only this time, it is a link.

Taking a deep breath, Kibum opened the link.

 

 

It was a quarter after 2, and the afternoon sun was slightly lowered from the sky. Though the brightness of the sun was completely blocked from his view, Lee Jinki knew that he regretted the night before. He knew from the pounding in his head and the pounding in his chest.

The night was a blur, but he knew the moment he was awakened by numerous of calls from the press that he had definitely done something wrong. Not only he didn't drink responsibly, he kept the man he loved most waiting on a call; he broke a promise that he knew he regretted. Though he couldn't take back the night, he knew it was his responsibility to face the consequences.

Now, he shamefully stood on the outside of Kim Kibum's residence, hoping to make at least one right decision. Evidently, the door was shut. Sealed and likely locked. Yet Jinki was able to sense strong emotion from within.

The older male knew it wasn't easy. Naturally, he was hesitant because he knew he messed up.

He didn't mean it to go that far, but it did. The night before, throughout the meeting, he was debating whether heading out was a good choice. It didn't feel right at the time, he didn't know why he agreed.

Jinki, being an idol, never had the time to meet non-idol friends anymore. Not that he intended to, he never found the time. However, this time around, he felt obliged to do so and he fought and fought with himself to come up with a decision. Unfortunately, the wrong one.

And what held him back from not doing so was the lack of his senses. Now, after too many drinks and too many regrets, he wanted to fall into Kibum's arms and wish it all away. However, he felt that it was not the case.

He knocked once. He knocked twice. At that moment he knew that Kibum must have heard the news. With a spare key given by Kibum himself, he unlocked the door and entered before he can be seen. There, standing lifelessly, Kibum watched his heart dropped to the bottom of his stomach. Wearing swollen eyes tainted crimson like his nose and the tip of his ears, the older male was aware that Kibum harshly cried before his arrival.

His eyes regarded were conflicted, thousands of times worse than the previous night, but there was so much more behind it all. The countenance of hurt, disbelief, but most importantly, disappointment from the man he loved most, murdered any hope Jinki had left.

Though he tried his hardest to hold back any sign of hurt, hot tears unwilling stream down Kibum's cheeks, causing him to sharply close his eyes. He did not like the sight of Jinki, no, not at the moment. It only brought back the countless signs he ignored and the trust he gave but never received.

Jinki, having no clue of what to do, stood there in silence. His heart ached. He let himself die within for causing his love to shatter right before his eyes. For years he vowed to never let anything, under any circumstances, make Kibum look at him with hurt. And at this moment, Kibum was so hurt, he couldn't even open his eyes.

As much he wanted to make everything alright, he knew he couldn't quite do that. Not now.

Jinki took one step forward, Kibum immediately took one back.

"How dare you enter my home," Kibum managed to choke out, holding back the knot that sat center of his throat, "h-how could you even show your face?"

The older male dropped his eyes to the ground. There was no answer to any of Kibum's questions. No answers that he could get correct. Instead, he played the only card he could, after everything he had done. "I-I'm... I'm sorry," was all Jinki let out for the moment.

"You're sorry? I don't need your apologies." Faintly replied Kibum in disbelief, "I want to know why you would ever think it was okay to do something like this?"

The older male pressed his lips together, shameful that this had to be known by nearly everyone. Especially Kibum, most of all Kibum. It was unfortunate that his love found out through media and not from his own mouth. It was disrespectful; it was a disgusting feeling to feel and Jinki acknowledged how bad it must have been for Kibum.

As much as he wanted to say something, again, he froze. There were no right words for it, for any of it, but he couldn't stand silent. The most he could think of was an explanation of the night, rather than what the media could have tainted. However, it won't be easy.

"Kibum," Jinki called sincerely, but the other male defensively shifted his eyes to the side. The older male knew he was coming from a hurt place, it was natural, so he continued. "Kibum, I'm sorry. I-I was drunk-"

"And THAT was your excuse!"

"I wasn't myself-"

"But you did it, Jinki!" Kibum snapped, throwing his hand fiercely through his own hair. His eyes locked on Jinki's for the first time since he entered the room, and it worse than hearing the excuses. The more he stared into Jinki's eyes, the more he saw those photos posted online of him. Everything flooded through his mind the more he looked deeper into those eyes. It confirmed it was no other. Because those eyes were of a man who deceived him.

They were the eyes that were showed through numerous of videos that trended number one since it occurred that night. Videos of Jinki drunkenly leaning toward a stranger, allowing her to playfully hold his hand and him grinning goofily as they danced against each other. The same videos of her taking his hand and wrapping it around her waist. Videos of where he took her hand and walked her over to the bar with her hands freely roaming places he would never allow anyone else touch. Especially in public, and most certainly with Kibum. That was what truly hurt him.

The more and more he stared into those eyes, the more he saw the videos replay through his mind. The betrayal was evident on his face, and it was something Kibum couldn't keep to himself. His tears, for example, was another reaction he just couldn't hold in the more he thought to himself.

"I was dru-"

"Okay, maybe you were." the crying latter managed to reply, dropping his voice to a faint whisper, "But I trusted you."

"Kibu-"

"NO!" Shouted Kibum, covering his ears as tears rolled down his cheeks. "Don't call my name. Not with those lips. The same lips that said nothing when she pulled you toward the restroom."

Jinki instantly fell silent. He watched Kibum drop to the ground, burying his face into his knees and loudly sobbing as an attempt to end his endless pain. Never had Jinki even seen the latter cry so much, even when his grandmother passed, he cried to himself. At this moment, Kibum just couldn't hold in such pain to himself. It only hurt because he kept brushing it off and now, he regretted trusting yet another cheater. Though he knew that Jinki was clearly drunk and unable to control his actions, Kibum unconsciously blamed himself for not stopping him from leaving. After all the bad feelings he had beforehand, he could have prevented such thing.

Painfully, Jinki swallowed his tears down. He felt no right to cry. He was the only one who caused all this pain. In silence, he watched the death of his happiness. Although he stood so distant at this second, it pained him to watch the one he loved in such a state. It was his responsibility to put this to an end.

Rather than standing there, the older latter dropped himself directly in front of Kibum. Kneeling before him, nearly in tears, he gently leaned toward him and rested his forehead against Kibum's. "I'm sorry for my actions. Sincerely, I am sorry for all the pain I caused. For everything. But Kibum," Jinki' uttered rigidly before the knot in his throat grew a hundred times larger, choking Jinki's last few words, "please, stop crying."

Kibum, rather than pulling away, naturally lifted his eyes to Jinki in a gaze. No matter how much he was hurting, he knew the latter was sincere. Despite his assumption of his deceiving eyes, Jinki's voice doesn't lie. It's the sweet fruit of all honesty. There was no way that Jinki had any intentions of hurting Kibum, and the other knew this. Though his heart was pained by the one he loved, Kibum's love remains.

That was not intentional, Jinki explained. And Kibum believed with all his heart. There was no way that an incident such as the night before could reverse time nor his love for Jinki. Nothing could easily take that away.

Though he didn't completely stop weeping, Kibum softened his cries as Jinki held him tightly. His warmth was there. Warm enough for Kibum to throw any more dubious thoughts of Jinki's commitment.The way he held him, just as before. Both minds were now cleared of doubts. Again, they both knew that no one was going to be left alone.

Despite how hard they crashed, there was nothing more warming than being with each other. Realizing how much they meant to each other, the two remained in each other's arms before spending hours gazing into each other's eyes as if there was no tomorrow.