Part Four

Photographer (DISCONTINUED)

The usual photo-shoots with Somin and Jae were alright for Jiwoo to watch over, because she was well aware that all of this was part of her job and nothing more but the current shoot had her lost in her mind and feelings. Somin was dressed in a beautiful white wedding gown and Jae was dressed in a suit. They’ve talked about marriage many times before. When they were teenagers, when their relationship got much more serious and even when they decided to move in with each other. But they lived in a time period and place where girls couldn’t marry other girls. They lived a life of the secret. Jiwoo was never a fan of marriage, because she never knew what to expect from it. It could be good, bad, the worst decision ever or maybe the best decision. But she knew how crazy Somin was with that topic. She was just glad that her girlfriend was understanding enough.

 

Jiwoo sat down at the table, watching the photos from the camera appear on the computer screen. There was an unexplainable glimmer in Somin’s eyes. She held in her breath when Somin and Jae faced each other. He brought up his hand and caressed Somin’s face, she closed her eyes. None of this was part of the photo-shoot. Jiwoo’s hands formed into fists. From hurt and anger. Jiwoo leaned back, watching this play right in front of her eyes, she hoped for her lover to step away but instead she leaned forward.

 

“Alright that’s good!” Luckily their photographer stopped them before anything went on. Jiwoo became invisible to Somin as she walked past her, so Jiwoo followed along.

 

She made sure no one was behind them so she could slam the door and lock it.

 

“What was that?” She tried asking in a calm voice, even though it wasn’t.

 

“Oh Jiwoo, I didn’t hear you enter.” Somin sweetly made her way towards Jiwoo and wrapped her arms around her neck. The other girl scoffed.

 

“I said what was that?!”

 

“What was what?” She tilted her head in confusion.

 

“Don’t play dumb with me, Somin. I saw that. I ing saw everything!”

 

Jiwoo knew she was correct and that Somin was playing dumb. She felt uneasy, because this was something new. Somin hasn’t acted like this before. There was guilt written all over Somin’s eyes. Before she could see past the clear orbs, yet at this moment they were foggy and lost.

 

“It’s just a photo-shoot, please calm down.” Somin grabbed Jiwoo’s neck and pulled her in for a kiss. And Jiwoo did calm down, but her mind was running wild. They both had other things to do throughout the day today, so Jiwoo knew she shouldn’t cause much trouble at the moment. So she let it go.

 

“You’re right.” Jiwoo blankly replied. Smile on her lips, heartbroken in her eyes.

 

“I know honey. Don’t you think I look beautiful in this dress?” Somin gave Jiwoo a twirl and Jiwoo had to admit that Somin looked stunning but the anger was too far into her mind. Instead of replying she stormed out the room, preparing for her shoot.

 

“Hey is everything alright?” Somin looked up and saw her model competitor, Jisoo*. Well Somin didn’t see her as competition, because in the end both were beautiful and doing well in their career but this model just knew how to piss her off sometimes.

 

“Yes.”

 

“Oh okay, just wondering since miss hot photographer seemed a bit pissed off. But I have to admit she looked y.” Somin clenched her teeth. “Well.. I have to go now. See you Sominnie.” The said girl rolled her eyes at the nickname.

 

“Okay, whatever.” The blonde mumbled.

 

Just as Somin walked out Jae came her way, “hey Somin!”

 

“Hey Jae,” her model friend noticed how Somin’s eyes kept roaming around the room, like she was looking for someone.

 

“I was… Uh.. I was wondering if you’d like to join my crew for some dinner tonight?”

 

Jiwoo could hear their conversation from the distance, silently hoping for a certain answer.

 

“Sure Jae.” She gave Jae a pat on his shoulder and walked near Jiwoo’s station. Her girlfriend sighed, not knowing how to feel about this. She really trusted Somin and knew they were strong enough, but lately there’s been an evil doubt in Jiwoo’s mind.

 

***

 

“Alright Jisoo I need you to slightly lean forward,” Somin was pissed that Jiwoo was assigned to take photos of Jisoo. The latter knew how much Somin and Jisoo disliked each other. It was always a friendly competition until one would go overboard and in this case Jisoo had her eyes on Jiwoo. Fire burned in her eyes as Jisoo purposely messed up her postures, because every time Jiwoo would sigh and help the girl pose. Which meant physical contact for the both of them, something the other model was enjoying too much.

 

“Jisoo-ssi would you like a break?”

 

“Hmm why?”

 

“Your poses have been a bit weak,” someone laughing could be heard from the distance behind them, Jiwoo slightly smiled knowing exactly who it was. Her thoughts were distracted as a commotion entered the room.

 

“I don’t care, my artist deserves the best and he wasn’t. I refuse for her to be treated such a way!”

 

“Yes s-sir!”

 

Jiwoo heard Somin gasp, so she quickly looked up from her camera and looked towards the commotion. Her heart stopped right then and there. She tried her best to keep her composure. The woman standing next to the angry manager looked up and smiled towards Jiwoo. The other girl swallowed in her nerves. The older woman slowly walked towards her, with a powerful aura surrounding her. Somin wanted to run towards her girlfriend and drag her away, she thought Sunmi and Jisoo were a problem. Boy was she wrong.

 

“Jiwoo-ah it’s been a while, how have you been?” The woman gently, yet seductively smiled as her hand lightly squeezed the young photographers shoulder.

 

“J-Jung Hwa-ssi. I-I-I.. I’m alright.” Jiwoo nervously looked around, her palms becoming sweaty. She met Uhm Jung Hwa during her high school days. She wasn’t very financially stable, so she ran across Jung Hwa one day at her job. During the time she was still a growing artist, at the beginning of her rising fame, and Jiwoo was the first person to treat her normally. They got to know each other very well that night. So they came up with a conclusion on having a secret deal between the both of them. A win-win situation. The older woman was there for her financially and emotionally. She helped her through college, on finding out the career path she wanted to go on. But their little relationship came to an end when it started to interfere with the romantic relationship Jiwoo had with Somin. Somin wasn’t aware of the events going on between the duo in the beginning, but Jiwoo wasn’t well with hiding information. Somin wasn’t that mad though, but she did want everything to end soon. And it did when Jiwoo was finally able to support herself without any assistance. Seeing Jung Hwa here after all this time was a pure shock to her, especially when she looked just as beautiful as before, even more perhaps.

 

“It’s nice to see that your dreams came true, mine have as well.” Jiwoo’s eyes couldn’t fall away from the older woman’s lips. She was struck in this trance. Her mind was telling her to back away, but her body refused. Jung Hwa’s arms felt too warm around her waist, her shoulder’s felt like happiness. The woman, herself, felt like home.

 

“Let’s celebrate our success over some dinner? I heard the rest of the crew are doing so as well.” At first Jiwoo thought about denying her request, to think about Somin’s feelings but her lover obviously wasn’t thinking about her, so she accepted it. This unfamiliar green monster hungry for revenge.

 

Jung Hwa clung onto her arm as they walked towards the elevators, she looked over her shoulders and made eye contact with Somin. She mouthed a ‘sorry’, the blonde replied ‘it’s okay’ waving it off.

 

To their luck, they were standing next to each other in the elevator. Since it was pretty crowded, Jiwoo reached out with her free hand and held Somin’s as the other was preoccupied with Jung Hwa’s arm.

 

***

 

Somin and Jiwoo actually went to their apartment first to settle everything down and change into some casual clothes. Their neighbor couple, Matthew and Taehyung were also invited.

 

Somin was waiting in the living room, pacing around thinking whether she should bring something up or not. It probably wouldn’t be a good idea but too many things were hopping around in her brain.

 

Jiwoo walked out, looking clean and nice. A bit too nice, making the blonde suspicious.

 

“Why are you dressed up so nice we’re just going to a small restaurant.” Jiwoo could sense the dangerous atmosphere. She sighed.

 

“Let’s not.. tonight, Somin.” Jiwoo walked past Somin to grab her watch.

 

Somin grabbed her arm tightly, “and why not?”

 

“Somin please.”

 

“No, why are you acting so different all of the sudden?!”

 

“ME? I AM acting different? What about YOU huh?” Jiwoo harshly pulled her arm away from Somin’s hold.

 

“Oh where are you going now huh? Running off to your little ?!”

 

“Somin what the ! Why are you even acting like this?” Jiwoo stepped close towards Somin, sighing frustratingly. “You need to fix this ing attitude before we go out to eat okay?”

 

Somin couldn’t help her emotions or anger as her hand ran across Jiwoo’s face. Neither of the duo were acting like themselves tonight and no one knew why. Somin gasped in shock, tears forming in her eyes. She never thought she’d lay a hand on her girlfriend. Jiwoo was still stuck in her position, with her hand clamping over her stinging cheek.

 

Knock Knock

 

“Is everything alright in there?” They heard Matthew from their front door. Jiwoo fixed her posture and clothing.

 

The brunette walked towards the door, with Somin tailing behind her, and opened it. She was met by the happy couple, so she put on a fake smile. “Let’s not keep them waiting right?” She cheerfully said. Jiwoo reached behind her and grabbed Somin’s hand, making everything seem fine to their friends.

 

“I’m so excited! We’re eating with famous people!” Matthew excitedly said as they entered the lobby.

 

“We’re famous too, Matthew.”

 

“I know honey, but they are more famous than us!” Taehyung shook his head, smiling at his silly remarks. Sadly they didn’t notice the awkward tension between Somin and Jiwoo.

 

When they reached the restaurant, Jiwoo immediately made her way towards her group, leaving Somin empty and behind. She sadly walked towards her group. Jae looked up and smiled at her, she gave a small smile in return. Matthew and Taehyung sat with some people they knew.

 

Somin watched Jiwoo’s movements until her lover finally looked up, meeting her eyes. Neither looked away.

 

This was going to be a long night.


*Jisoo from Lovelyz