Part One

Photographer (DISCONTINUED)

Click Click Click

 

“Perfect, now just slightly place your hand on his shoulder, hmmm, wonderful!” More flashes appeared as the photographer made more comments towards the models in front of him. He’s noticed that the female model was effected by them the most, so he has made sure to always spark up sweet comments. She wasn’t number one on the magazines for no reason. Behind the whole photo shoot was a brunette who was love struck by the beauty, the poses, and the way her eyes would just shine bright as it reflected off the flash.

 

Click Click Click

 

“Lean towards him a bit more, Somin. We want it to seem as natural as possible!” The brunette saw hesitation in Somin eyes, so she made sure to give her a slight nod to encourage the girl to do the right thing. Somin moved closer to the male model and masked her worries. That was something the brunette admired about the model. She always knew how to mask away her problems and fear. The woman knew strictly the difference with being professional and getting personal, and maybe that’s why she didn’t feel her heart ache during these shoots.

 

“Alright, I think that is all for today. Thank you all so much! Oh man, I’m super excited for this week’s magazine!” Everyone who was crowded in the room let out an applause for the models as the photographer made his way towards them, “I can’t thank you guys enough for this opportunity!” The brunette chuckled at the sight of their newly hired worker. She quietly followed behind Somin and entered her dressing room, making sure to lock the door behind her.

 

“Sometimes I wonder how you become even more beautiful after each photo shoot,” Somin faced the grinning woman.

 

“I swear you just know the right things to say, Jiwoo-ah.” She tiredly walked into Jiwoo’s arms.

 

“I know, I know.” She laughed as the blonde playfully slapped her shoulder.

 

Jiwoo’s eyes disappeared and turned into crescents, the same crescents that make Somin wonder why Jiwoo wasn’t a model like herself. Day after day, she’s met so many beautiful people, yet no one compares to her girlfriend. Sometimes she wants to show the world that this beauty was hers, but they had an agreement to keep everything on the low until the timing was right. They weren’t afraid about the negative comments, well at first Somin was but Jiwoo has taught her that there will always be positive and negative comments, they just need to focus on what makes them happy. The problem was that Jiwoo was a photographer at the same company she modeled for. Yes, they dated way before she got this job, but things just didn’t seem right. Jiwoo didn’t want the people to think she had favoritism towards Somin, it’s just Somin was the perfect model for her. She was such a natural.

 

Jiwoo stopped laughing when she noticed that it got quiet. She saw that her girlfriend was too busy zoning out again. The brunette strongly wrapped her arm around Somin’s thin waist, positioned her right hand on the blonde’s neck. She softly ran her thumb across her bottom lip as she leaned in, earning for a taste. Somin slowly closed her eyes, waiting for a connection.

 

Knock Knock

 

“Somin-ah? Are you in there?” The duo quickly pulled around, almost panicking.

 

“Y-yes..”

 

“Is.. Is everything alright? Also, have you seen Jiwoo? Kim is looking for her.”

 

“Yes and—“ Before Somin could finish, Jiwoo opened the door and greeted the woman.

 

“Hey, I was just congratulating our star model.”

 

“In private?”

 

“Yeah, I had to ask her some personal questions that would later on help me edit.” Somin was thankful that Jiwoo was such a pro at handling situations like these. She always thought Jiwoo looked so cool. There were never any signs of being nervous or hesitation.

 

“Oh yeah, I forgot that this project has been transferred to you. Good luck buddy!” The woman gently patted her shoulder, making Somin squint her eyes.

 

“Thanks, Park, I’ll be needing it!” Jiwoo returned the friendly smile and faced Somin, “Well Miss Jeon, I shall see you later.” She said lowly to where only they could hear.

 

The duo usually walked to their apartment building together, but it was rare for them to be finished together. This time it was Jiwoo who got done early, so she decided to do what she usually did. Which was to hang around the company lobby and wait for the last batch of working to come down the elevator with Somin. No one really recognized her, probably due to the fact that she was wearing a black face mask as her messy, wavy hair hid her facial features. Her coworkers were used to seeing her with her hair straight or in a ponytail. She was very well put and neat with her image. The elevator door soon opened and she was greeted by the sight of the male model sharing a good laugh with Somin. Usually Jiwoo never felt this feeling of envy—well no, jealousy? Because at the end of the day, she knew Somin would come home to her and vice versa but lately the news has been a mess. The public and insane fans have been shipping them together. More and more companies only want to hire them together, having them all cute on the cover page and there’s always this sick feeling in her stomach and it just feels too gross for Jiwoo’s liking. He’s not competition. She’s just being friendly.

 

A warm pair of hands held onto her free hand, and maybe that feeling was just for the moment. Jiwoo was like everyone else, and everyone else gets jealous as well. It was human nature, so the cute smile on Somin’s face told Jiwoo that she was worried for nothing. And maybe that was why she didn’t get dramatically jealous.

 

“Let’s go home, Jiwoo-oppa!” Jiwoo wholeheartedly laughed as she pushed Somin away from her.

 

“I’m not your oppa!”

 

“Hmmmmm….” Somin placed her index finger on her lips, as she pretended to think, “you’re right! You’re my girlfriend~” She whispered the last word as she giggled like a school girl. Sometimes Jiwoo wondered how she fell for such a dork, but when Somin pouts and looks at her with her bright, sparkly eyes, she remembers.

 

“You know, you always had the oppa style. Even back in high school, all the girls would go crazy!” If only Jiwoo could receive a dollar for every time this conversation came up, maybe they would be living in a mansion.

 

“They only went crazy, because I was the closest thing they had to an oppa.” She replied flatly, pretending as if her cheeks weren’t burning. She remembered well at how she’d receive many gifts from people she didn’t even know, even the teachers would fan girl. She always was cold towards them, but she secretly enjoyed the attention and was thankful to everyone. Those students might have been crazy, but they always made her feel loved. And then she met Somin, who had spilled her chocolate milkshake on Jiwoo because she thought she touched her when in reality it was a table corner.

 

Young Somin was waiting in line with her friend at the new café that opened down the street. Since the weather a bit warm, she decided to get this signature chocolate milkshake in stead.

 

“Psstt,” her friend annoyingly poked her side. Somin just faced her friend.

 

“THE Jiwoo is here!” She fangirled.

 

“And?” Her friend gasped.

 

“What do you mean ‘And?’” She mocked, “Everyone talks about her and her style is just ugghhh, I think I just lost my ity.”

 

“Eww, that’s gross Min.”

 

“Don’t hate! Do I look okay?” She pulled her skirt up a bit and fixed her hair.

 

“Just shut up and order, we’re next.”

 

The duo waited near the pick up counter, but Somin’s drink took less time so she decided to go get them a table. The place was a bit small and packed. She walked towards the counter, to get herself a straw and some napkins, but as she backed up she felt something touching her . Instead of looking down at the source that made contact with her behind, she turned her head to the right and met a kindly smiling Jiwoo.

 

“Hey beautiful!” Jiwoo innocently complimented.

 

Somin’s next move left everyone speechless, including the confused victim.

 

“ert!” Somin angerly mumbled as she stepped over the previous filled milkshake cup, the same drink that she had poured onto Jiwoo.

 

“Oh yeah, I almost forgot we went to an all girl school.”

 

“Remember when you poured your milkshake on me because you thought I touched you—” The blonde quickly placed her hand over Jiwoo’s mouth. She looked around to see if anyone was watching them.

 

“YAH! I told you to stop bringing that up! You know how embarrassed I get from that story.”

 

“I know and that’s exactly the reason why I bring it up.” Jiwoo started to run away with Somin chasing after her, she quickly entered their apartment building and ran towards the elevator. Thankfully it was empty. She saw Somin entering the lobby, running towards the elevator and Jiwoo couldn’t help but smile. The brunette opened up her arms and closed her eyes. Due to Somin’s speed, Jiwoo’s back hit the wall as Somin was snuggled up into her arms.

 

***

Somin was in the kitchen preparing a snack for them as Jiwoo was stuck on her computer, brainstorming some ideas on how she was going to design the new magazine cover. There were so many files full of pictures of Somin and Jae, the male model. There was that small feeling in her heart again.

 

“Maybe you should take a break…. You know, a sandwich break!” She looked away from the computer screen. Who could say no to sandwiches that were made by Somin? Jiwoo made her way towards the couch and began to munch on the snack.

 

The latest Korean drama was on the television screen. Jiwoo lost track on what the name of it was, but she had to admit that the camera angles during certain scenes were just horrible.

 

“Somin, there’s something on my mind.”

 

“Yes?” She turned down the volume and faced her body towards her girlfriend.

 

“During the shoots, during the lobby this evening, and even during my editing I’ve been having this uneasy feeling.” Somin was glad that her girlfriend was one to bring out her thoughts, and that was the main reason why they’ve lasted so long, but sometimes she would be direct in the most indirect way.

 

“About what? Is the editing too much work for you? I could always talk to—“

 

“No, it’s not the editing, Somin.” Jiwoo took a deep breath. “It’s the photo shoot.” She looked up and saw Somin’s confused eyes and hated that she had to be more specific. She just felt so silly, but she was positive that if she didn’t bring it up now, it will cause problems later. “It’s you and Jae*. Like I know you love me, and I love you as well, and that all of this is just business but it’s like I can’t control it. I know it’s silly…oh gosh I feel so weird right now.”

 

“Hey, it’s okay. There’s nothing going on between us, it’s just business like you mentioned. But thank you for bringing it up. I don’t think it’s silly. I think it’s very cool of you.” Somin gave Jiwoo a wink. Jiwoo didn’t bother thinking of Jae and her girlfriend that night, because the only thing on her mind, and her, was Somin’s body and love.


*Jae is an OC