"I'll stop running and look for you"

Too Late

Eunhyuk and Donghae are best of friends since 5th grade.. Now they're on Senior Year. Eunhyuk, an athlete has a competition next week. Despite of being alone, he asked Donghae if ever he'll win the race., Donghae will be the one who's going to hang him the medal. 3 days before the olympics..

"Hae, be there okay?" Eunhyuk bothered to ask Donghae again.

"I will be! Don't worry! Just beat me up if I'm going to be late!" He chuckled as he stretched his hand waving goodbye since it's dismissal.

~ The next day.. During Lunch Time, Donghae was eating alone since Eunhyuk's practicing all day. When Hyuk came along..

"Hyuk, what if i'm not going to be there?" Donghae butted in the middle of silence

"Hae, what's with you??? Well if you won't be there. I'll be mad at you." He answered with a smile.

"But. What if i'll go somewhere?" Donghae added

"Where will you go? Are you going to left me all disappointed?"

"N-no, but--"

Eunhyuk hugged Donghae and with a sigh "Hae, stop thinking of such things. Okay?"

"Okay."

That day, Eunhyuk was already worried about Donghae's weird actions and words. But when Donghae said "Im fine" He's a bit relieved. But then, Eunhyuk's consience won't make him safe and sound, so he decided to walk Donghae home.

"Hyuk, what are you going to do when i'm not there?"

"I'll stop running and look for you instead."

Donghae's being weird. Eunhyuk is confused. When they reached Donghae's house..usually Donghae would say "Hyuk, good night." But instead of that he said "Bye, Hyukkie."

"Good night Donghae" It's actually killing Eunhyuk that Donghae is acting weird. So when Donghae already came inside of his house. Eunhyuk is still looking at him. Which he never did. "Hyuk? Still need something?"

"Nothing, just..i'm going to watch you going inside then, i'll go." "Okay then."

When Donghae's already gone inside. He went home and rested because tomorrow's going to be a big day.

== The day. Hyuk lefted his house early because of the last minute practices. When he's done with practice, he texted Donghae. "Donghae-ah, be there okay?" But unfortunately, there is no reply.

After 3 hours. The tournament is about to begin. Eunhyuk went everywhere to find Donghae, but there is no sign of him. As the judges said t's going to start, Eunhyuk believed that he's just somewhere there. Because of the crowd he can't see him. The gun was shotted and it started. Audiences been screaming all way round. Eunhyuk happily runs fast because he said "It's for Donghae" But when it's on the 3rd lap, He twitched and was shocked. He saw Donghae beside the judges wearing a white suit. He stopped and approached him. "Hey, why did he stop?!" The crowd complained "Yah! Lee Donghae!" "Geez, Look. He's pointing at no one!" In Eunhyuk's sight. He saw Donghae with a white suit and waving at him saying "Bye, Hyuk". He was still in shock of what is happening. Instead of continuing, he stopped and runs towards Donghae's house.

"Lee Donghae! Where are you?"

"Aigoo, are you looking for the person who lives there?"

"YES! WHERE IS HE?!!!!"

"Man, he's dead."

"..." "H-he's w-what??!"

"He's dead. Last night he was hitted by a car. Don't you know it?"

"W-where i-is h-he now!?!!!"

"In the hospital still. I don't know."

Without words, Hyuk ran as fast as he could. Upon entering the room, he was surprised that a person laying in the bed covered with white cloth.

"Doctor! Doctor! Is that.." 

He didn't finish his words. He lifted the white cloth. And yes, it was Donghae. Eunhyuk's tears bursted upon seeing Donghae's body. 

"So, are you Lee Hyukjae?" The doctor asked

"D-deh"

"There is a letter in his house. Here. It's for you" He took the letter and the doctors left just because he needs to have a conversation with himself.

----

Lee Hyukjae!

I know you'll win! I'm always here for you. Always take care of yourself. You know what? I love you. Because you make me feel happy everyday. And you're God's gift to me. I love you Hyuk. :) - Donghae

After reading it. He knelt and cried over Donghae..

"I love you too." He breathed and kisses Donghae's lips. "See? I found you." 

 

 

======

(END)