First

Keep Coming Back To You

Byul looks at the ceiling of her bedroom as she laid in her bed, exhausted. Exhausted of basically, everything.

She thinks of the countless times she was awoken just after a few hours of sleep because they have a schedule that day.

She thinks of the times she has to smile in front of the crowd while performing when all she wanted to do was lie in her bed and sleep. Don't get her wrong, she loves performing, it is her life. But a girl needs her rest, too.

She thinks of the times she's seated in their van with Wheein on the seat beside her looking outside the window as exhausted as she was. She worries, Wheein's a lot fragile compared to her.

She thinks of Hyejin. Their fatale maknae. She has the best mentality of all of them. Even when tired, she's still a little ball of sunshine. It's just that her body's not as strong as her mind. Byul worries, she gets sick often because of their work.

Then, she thinks of Yongsun, her unnie. She sighs as she figures she's most exhausted when it comes to her unnie. She has been harboring feelings for the older girl since she can't remember when. She knows, she feels it, by her unnie's eyes, smile, by her touch. She knows her unnie feels the same. But she's scared. And Byulyi knows Yongsun's not going to be any less scared any time soon, or ever.

She closes her eyes, wanting to sleep off all her exhaustion. Then her phone beeps. Sighing, she grabs her phone and found the time to be 2:34. She opens her inbox to find her manager unnie sent her a text.

Why would she text me in this hour?

Hyemin Unnie  2:33AM
Byul, I'm sorry I forgot to tell you earlier, you have to wake up early tomorrow, the CEO wishes to talk to you before your rehearsals with the girls.

As if she doesn't wake up early, already. Sighing, she typed a reply.

You  2:37AM
Okay, unnie. Don't worry. :)

3 hours later she finds herself in her company, still groggy from sleep, walking towards the CEO's office with her manager unnie.

She glanced at her unnie beside her whom she found already looking at her, looking sorry.

Byul chuckled, "Why, unnie? Did I do something wrong?" Her unnie quickly shook her head, "No! What made you think that?"

Byul shrugged, "Well you're looking far too sorry for me today. And I was called alone in CEO's office. Doesn't that make you think of something?" Her unnie chuckled, "No, silly. It's just that I know you haven't slept that much yet."

"Hmmm, you haven't slept that much, too. You should worry about yourself, unnie." Byul smiled, "When are the other three going to come here anyway?"
"Your other unnie already left to fetch them, they'll probably be here the time you finish talking to the CEO." Her manager answered as they're nearing the office.

"Oh! I can continue here on my own, unnie. I'll be back shortly." Byul said as she walked towards the CEO office and her unnie stopped walking and watched Byul as she walk inside the office.

As Byul closed the door, she scanned the room to find no sign of the CEO. She walked around the room to find pictures of the company around the office, she already saw the pictures countless of times before but she never gets tired. She saw herself with the other three and the CEO, she saw pictures of Vromance, of Esna. But the room is mostly filled with pictures of Mamamoo. When they debuted, when they first won, first got a PAK. The CEO might not have said it, but Mamamoo is his biggest treasure. They established their company to what it is, now.

"Byul?" Byul was interrupted by their CEO, Kim Do Hoon, their appa. "Yes, it's me. Where have you been?"

"Oh, sorry. I was in the comfort room." The CEO said as he wiped his hands with a towel.

"What did you want to talk about, by the way?" Byul asked as the man  found his way in his seat.

"Have a seat first." The man said as he motioned the chair in front of him.

Byul sat and looked at him expectantly. The man smiled widely, "Do you know SM?"

"Who doesn't?" Byul furrowed her brows.

The CEO smiled even wider and shown her his white teeth. "Do you know Lee So Man then?"

"Their CEO? Okay, what's the deal, appa?" The man chuckled.

"You know how he's so uptight with his artists sometimes, not giving them what they want. But he's been very positive about this."

"And by this, you mean?" The girl tilted her head, she's getting sleepy now.

"The producers of Showtime, you've been with them with other members before, want to make another variety program. Involving you and an SM artist, f(x)'s Krystal Jung." The sleepiness left her body and the girl bolted upright.

"What...?" The girl was beyond dumbfounded, beyond ecstatic.

The CEO smiled, "But why me? Why Sooju-- I mean Krystal? Not that I'm complaining, it's just that this is so overwhelming." Damn. Byul thought.

"Krystal is a gem in the making. As Lee So Man worded it himself. She is a musical genius. She knows how to work in a studio and she's great at it. If she's not an idol, she can be one of their producers. And you are chosen by Lee So Man, himself. You are chosen by Krystal, herself." The girl swore she died a second then came back so she could be in that program.

"If you're asking why it's you who's chosen, Krystal, herself, said that you're deemed as the least talented when it comes to singing in Mamamoo, and she's here to change that. There's so much more to being a musical genius than belting high notes or being main vocals." She stared at her appa. Did Soojung really?

"So you, Moon Byul Yi, are going to pair up with Krystal Jung and you will make music. This is not like Idol Drama Operation Team, you will start from scratch, you can get help but the basics is all they're going to teach you. And by making music, I mean from the lyrics to music accompaniment, everything will be made by you and Krystal only. Of course, the producers will film you making music." Byul listened carefully.

"I have high hopes, my child."