In Parallel Universe

DAY BY JeongMi's DAY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina doesn’t undertand why she suddenly feeling something creeping out on her skins. She opened her eyes quicky and could feel her heavy breath right after she wakes up. She looked at right and left, there’s nothing different. Her room is the usual room and it’s quiet, like every mornings. Mina got up to sit on the edge of her bed, she noticed Jihyo and Sana aren’t in the room maybe they already prepared for breakfast. Mina wants to think that her fellow Japanese snakefriend is now occupied the maknae room but Mina chose to not care about the latter’s whereabouts.

Mina looked at the only person in this room aside from herself, it’s Nayeon.

Just when Mina was about to wake Nayeon up, she heard a door’s knob being turned. Mina hurriedly took her phone from under the pillow and pretending that she’s busy with it. She doesn’t understand why she suddenly have this urge to avoid the upcoming person from behind that door, yes, the door which connected to the JeongMo’s room.

“Mina? What are you doing?”

“Oh! Go-good morning, Jeongyeon-unnie~” Mina internally slapped herself because those stuttered word she said, she really can’t understand why she’s this nervous to face Jeongyeon in this early morning. Mina then put her phone on the nightstand, “I don’t feel like waking up yet so I’m playing some games hehehe”. Lies, Mina, you aren’t a good liar.

“As expected”, Jeongyeon smiled which Mina couldn’t believe Jeongyeon really buys her lame excuse. “Go wash yourself first, Mina. I’m going after you”

“O-okay unnie...”

Mina got up from her bed, silently walking outside the room. But, the things Jeongyeon doesn’t know is, Mina didn’t really walk towards the bathroom. She leaned on the closed door behind her. Mina really doesn’t want to leave the room, not when she knows there’re only Jeongyeon and Nayeon alone inside.

Mina doesn’t really understand...

Her mind tells her to just go to the bathroom but her heart says to come inside the room again.

Mina doesn’t really understand why...

In the end, her heart betrays her mind and, very silently, Mina turned the knob and opened door only a little. Just an enough space for her eyes to see Jeongyeon already standing beside Nayeon’s bed. Mina’s eyes won’t betray her like what her heart did, because Mina can clearly see how soft Jeongyeon’s gaze on sleeping Nayeon.

After a minute or so, Mina finally pulled the door to close it again.

But then, there was a force from the door that Mina couldn’t pull it close. Mina let out her grip on the knob when someone opened the door wide...

“You forgot this, right?”

Jeongyeon handed Mina a phone, Mina’s phone.

“I know you always play music and hold a solo concert while you’re showering”, Jeongyeon giggled while Mina could only suppress a shy smile. “But I enjoy it, Mina, your voice is really soft and amazing. I can wait you showering for 24 hours if I may ask you to do so.”

Jeongyeon laughed again before she looked at the still-shy penguin, with the softest gaze Mina could ever feel.

 

 

Tonight, members planning to have dinner outside. Honestly, Mina is so lazy to go out but Momo keeps dragging her along them. Mina glanced at Jeongyeon who sits right in front of her, whose idea to let her sit in front of me geez, but all Mina could do is holding her head down. Although Jeongyeon’s face is a very pleasant view to see but at time like this the empty plates are more interesting for Mina.

Suddenly Jeongyeon got up, “I’ve already ordered one take away for Nayeon in the dorm. I’ll bring her the food now and comeback here as soon as possible.”

Members nodded, but Mina couldn’t.

Mina doesn’t really understand but there’s this something whispering to her that she must follow Jeongyeon to the dorm... Again, her mind is betrayed by her heart.

“Jeongyeon-unnie, may I follow you?”

Jeongyeon stopped, just like other members, after seeing Mina suddenly standing up from her seat. Jeongyeon only smiled and reached out her hands for Mina, “Okay let’s deliver Nayeon’s dinner together”

Mina doesn’t really understand but she gladly take Jeongyeon hand’s.

They walked to the dorm until the front gate. Mina stopped making Jeongyeon looked at her in confusion, Mina explained that she will just wait outside while Jeongyeon giving the food for Nayeon and the latter complied before coming inside. Mina waits patiently while squeezing her palms, she is very nervous and she doesn’t understand why.

Jeongyeon came out and noticed Mina being strangely didn’t calm, “Are you cold?”

Mina shook her head and smiled.

“Want us to go grab some ramyun or any warm food?”

“Eh?” Mina shocked at Jeongyeon’s sudden request, “But how about other members?”

“They won’t know... Let’s go”

 

 

Mina is with Momo and Sana, they went shopping. Mina knows Tzuyu is with Jihyo to the latter’s home while Dahyun is spending her time with her parents, this making only the other three left in the dorm. Nayeon, Jeongyeon, and Chaeyoung are in their dorm. Mina doesn’t want to imagining things but she suddenly feeling uneasy. She stopped walking, Momo and Sana did turn to her but then Mina looked up. “Guys, I think I left something in the dorm and I already bought what I want to buy. May I go home now?”

“Sure... You really don’t need anything more, Minari?”, Momo asked.

“This is enough, Momoring”

“See you later, Mina-chan~”, Sana hugged Mina and waved her a goodbye.

It didn’t take a long time when Mina finally reached their dorm and directly ran to the living room, only to found the one and only person she wants to see there. It’s weird. Mina is sure there must be three people here but why is Jeongyeon alone?

“Mina?”

Mina snapped from her blank state when that person in the living room calling her name.

“I thought you went shopping with Momo and Sana? Where are they? Why are you coming home alone?”, Jeongyeon got up and walked towards Mina. “Are you okay?”

“I... I...”

Jeongyeon waited but Mina keeps silent again like she’s stop functioning. The next thing Mina knows, there’s something popped up in front of her face.

“What is that, Jeong--”

“Want to go to the amusement park with me today?”

And Mina literally stopped functioning.

 

 

“Mina, there’s a package for you”

“Oh? It’s here already? Thank you, Jihyo-yah~”

Mina received the package from Jihyo’s hands and ran to her room to open it with excitement on her face. Yes. It’s the shirt she ordered few days ago, that shirt which received an approval from Jeongyeon. Mina doesn’t really understand why but she thinks she need to wear it now, so M

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter