The heck I ended up at.

My Poison

Hyung please. Get down from the edge. We can talk about it right? Well help you. Me and the others. We will. So please. We can fix it!

He, hes right ! Were here. Please, I beg you. Come down now! Dont do it.

Theres nothing to be fixed.. Im sorry.

Seunghyun !

 

2 years ago

Hep ! Taxi!

Geez, I let out a deep sigh. Right when I was late for the military entry ceremony. I was going to be scolded by my manager and by the officer. I shrugged off and shook my head as I opened the cabs door. I went in and gave the driver the address. I didnt even bother to hide my face or to be discreet. A bunch of fan were there and screaming for an autograph. I couldnt be more thankful for the guy who invented sunglasses. I kept on rolling my eyes. Dont get me wrong. I love my fans. But I also love my personal space. Moreover, with the scandal I just had, Id prefer to be away from them for a while.

The driver obviously recognized me. Fortunately, he had the thought not to ask me anything about the scandal. Just stuff about the military duty. He already did it and just gave me some advice. I was listening partially to him. My mind was somewhere else. Or with someone else Id say. Indeed, the love of my life just got married. We dated before my debut but she broke up with me as she didnt want to influence my career. I just didnt stop loving her. A painful smile appeared on my face. I was looking at the window and chuckled at some funny anecdote the driver was sharing about his military life.

To be really honest, I didnt want to go there. I knew I had to do it for my country, but people there would go hard on me. I did a lot of action movies so theyll expect me to be in a good shape. I straightened up a little bit as we were approaching the ceremony place. It didnt start yet. I guess I wasnt that late there. My manager was the one who opened the door for me. I avoided his eyes. I knew what he would say and I wasnt in the mood to cope with it. I went out of the car.

Why didnt you call me? I could have come to pick you up. Instead you call a taxi, make a fuss in town and dont pick up your phone !

There must have been more nagging but I stopped listening to him. I glanced around the place. There were a lot of fans. Like a real lot. I smirked a little bit. Even though they are often annoying by always being there, it felt nice seeing them. It was like I wasnt going to the military for 2 years. I stretched my arms while sighing. I finally turned toward my manager. He was still nagging at me. I didnt let him finish and ask him why didnt the ceremony start yet. He rolled his eyes as he realized I didnt listen a second to what he was saying. Apparently, there was a kind of accident that happened at the military base so the officer and the bus to take me were late. I raised an eyebrow. What kind of problem would be that big so an officer would be late on a TV transmitted event.

After 20 minutes of waiting and some autographs signed, the ceremony finally began. I had to read out loud a letter that my manager wrote for my fans. I was supposed to write one but I completely forgot as I had the news about that stupid wedding. I had to concentrate on the word to read it clearly. My acting skills really helped me. I didnt cry but I managed to let out some emotions.

The ceremony seemed to have lasted hours. I needed a break from everything. Maybe that military duty would be good for me. I was supposed to do it in a little police station but because of my scandal, they transferred me somewhere else. Not that I cared. I didnt care about anything anymore. It was somehow sad but well, whatever. I got into the bus. The place I was going to was an hour away from the ceremony location. In the bus, there were one or two other idols I didnt have the chance to talk to yet. The bus wasnt full but someone, a young man, sat next to me. I clenched my teeth not to sigh. Cant I be alone ?

Hey, I am Jang Min ! Song Jang Min. Nice to meet you.

He reached out his hand to shake mine. I politely answered his gesture. I took a look at his face. He was a bit chubby. Not too much. But his cheeks were round and a little puffy. His voice was high pitched. He would really not fit in the military. He was giving away a delicate vibe. He started talking to me about everything and nothing. I somehow found myself talking to him like I knew him since forever. He was really easy going. I almost chocked on my saliva when he told me that he had been in the military for 3 years now. I looked at him from head to toe with a surprised expression in my face. He couldnt help but laugh.

I know, I know. I dont really look like someone that is in the military for that long. But what can I do. The food they serve there isnt that bad. Its like a myth to say its disgusting. Anyway, Im here to look after this years newbies. And I guess youre one ! If were lucky, maybe youll be assigned in my team.

Team? Well be split in teams? I asked.

Oh, you really dont know. Well, yep. Every year, the men that comes for their military service are split in teams and sub teams with a section chief and dorm chief. I am a section chief and a dorm chief. People like me since I dont treat them as harsh as the others.

Well, now I really wanted to go into his team. The last thing I needed was being treated harshly by military guys whose brains are filled with discipline stuff.

We talked like this for the whole trip. We finally reached our destination. I went down the bus and looked around. It was just like I was expecting it to be. A huge field with obstacles, many buildings, and a lot of green cars. We were directed to the biggest building. I was about to look away from the field when I noticed someone standing in the middle of it. That person was too far to see clearly who it was. I felt a light push on my back. I didnt realize that I had stopped to look at that person. I shook my head to focus and look straight ahead.

We werent a lot. Maybe about fifty. We entered the building to be in a huge room. It looked like a reception room. Maybe its the room they usually use to welcome people that are starting their military service. Jang Min disappeared. Probably to prepare the dorms or the visit or whatever he needed to do. The guy in front of me turned around. I immediately recognized him. Song Jong Ki. One of the most popular actor these years. Wasnt he getting married? Maybe he was already. I smiled back at him and bowed. We started a little chit chat about people we know in the business.

One guy entered the room and everyone went silent. He stepped ahead before us. He was kind of old and had some medals hanged on his clothe. Maybe a war hero? He started to present himself. He was the captain of the base and wanted us to refer to him using big boss. I had to hid a little laugh. This name was how Jong Kis character was called in his drama Descendants of the sun. It was a really big hit. Even I watched it. Thinking of it, maybe they will expect a lot from him as there were military consultants on the set of the drama.

I wanted to concentrate a lot on what big boss was saying but I couldnt. He was just blablating about the discipline expected, punishments and behaviours wanted. Not that I didnt care, but I already had the same talk with my agency boss, my manager, my group leader and my family. I knew the words by heart. I took the chance to discreetly look at everyone. They were all in their early 20s. Some even looked 18 or younger. I had no idea if I could make friends or not. I knew that some would come to talk to me just so theyd be able to say theyre friends with me. I found that behaviour a little bit pathetic but I didnt want to make enemies here either.

Now, when I call you, please step ahead and join your dorm chief. After that, I will make you a tour around to present you the main facilities of this place.

Here we go. Song Jong Ki was the first to be called along with 4 other people. So well be in rooms of 5 It wasnt long before I was called. My face cracked a smile when I realized that Jang Min was my dorm chief. However, I didnt greet him friendly. Contrary to earlier, he was standing straight, his leg slightly apart and his hands behind his back. He was giving away a completely different vibe from in the bus. I stood behind him as my roommates were being called.

Kim Minho, Sang Jinsoo, Ahn Haesoo, Song Chaewook, Kang David.

The last name being called kind of created a chat between us. His name didnt sound like Korean. So how did he end up doing the military service? Big Boss cleared his throat and the fuss stopped. I politely shook hands with every of my roommates. They all looked young and well built. I guess they prepared well. None of them seemed to be the heavy talker. Which was good for me. I didnt want to force myself to talk.

As soon as everyone was assigned to a dorm and roommates, Big Boss started moving. Every dorm chief followed him immediately. We had no choice but to imitate them. We first visited the buildings. We saw the cafeteria, the dorms, the administration building and the infirmary. We then moved on to the field. There were people training there. They were running and passing over some obstacles I didnt know the name of. We only spent a few second on each thing they were showing us. Everything was going fast. I was looking around and I spotted that person again. Still standing in the middle of the field. I wasnt the only one looking at that person.

Big Boss didnt fail to notice it. A smirk appeared on the corner of his lips. He clapped in his hands. It brought everyone back to focus on him. With a stick I didnt realize he had, he pointed at that person.

Should we go and greet her?

Her? I frowned. That person was a woman? Now I was curious about what she was doing there. We started moving toward her. As we approached, I could distinguish her feminine features. Something started a fuss, once again, among us. She was wearing a sort of belt I had never seen before with weights hanged on it. I tilted my head on the side slightly. I unconsciously exchanged a confused look with the person next to me. I think it was one of my roommate. Jinsoo, was it? Anyway, we didnt understand why Big Boss brought us to her. As we turned a bit to face her, we saw that she was European. Or at least, she had the face of a European. We just stood there, in confusion.

So, would you please explain why are you being punished like this? Big Boss asked with a stern voice.

“….

No answer. I could feel the irritation on Big Bosss face. He stepped forward, said a name I could understand and leaned on her. He then let out the longest and deepest sigh Ive ever heard. He bluntly turned toward us and, like nothing happened, told us to go to our dorm. We kept still for a few seconds. My confusion was really high. The heck did I end up to.

We all followed our dorm chief and went to our room. It was, once again, like expected. The room wasnt small but not big either. There were small platforms on each side of the room. The space was just what It needed for beds. 1..2..3..4..5..6. I counted the space. 6 beds. I didnt understand at first why there were 6 beds when we were only 5 but then remembered about the dorm chief. Jang Min told us to choose a space and unpack before going to lunch. We all silently and quickly chose our space. Mine was at the bottom of the room. I didnt want to be near the door. I dont know why, I just didnt feel like it. We then unpacked our stuff. The atmosphere wasnt heavy at all. It was refreshing.

Why do you think the girl didnt answer?

David broke the silence. He had a perfect Korean. So I assumed that his parents just named him with a foreign name but he was Korean.

No idea, maybe she is the kind of a trouble maker. Answered Minho.

He had quite a deep voice.

But then why didnt Big Boss yell at her? And did anyone got her name? I mean, she was kind of the beauty. Said Chaewook

Cant deny that continued David Maybe she is so much of a trouble that no one has the strength to cope with her again?

I wouldnt mind coping with her though. Affirmed Haesoo day dreaming slightly.

A pillow flew around the room to hit him right in the face. The scene was so funny we all laughed.

Nah shes mine said David with a challenging look on his face.

Try me

The two of them started playfully fighting in the middle of the room. I couldnt help but smiling. Yep, it was definitely refreshing. None of them was asking me about my job or made a remark that I was older. I didnt care at all. I liked it. After Haesoo pined David on the ground, we all voted for Haesoos victory. A few minutes later, Jang Min came to take us to dinner. Its true that it was already 9 and I didnt have time to eat lunch. We followed our dorm chief and went in the cafeteria. It was like a maze to reach it. Chaewook was worried that he would get lost alone.

Although it seemed late, the cafeteria was already full. I noticed some of the other guys that were with me earlier. Looked like we were the last group to come. Tonight, it was chicken and mashed potatoes on the menu. I took a plate and got my food before going to sit with the rest of my roommates. There was a free chair next to Jang Min. I started to eat and raised an eyebrow. Damn Jang Min was right. The food wasnt half bad.

So, Whos that woman? Ask David.

I raised an eyebrow. Of course he was going to ask. This guy seemed the type to like gossiping around or to, at least like to know whats up.

Oh-ho no. Dont even think about her. Shes a real trouble maker.

Told yall! Minho exclaimed.

No, you dont understand. She is a REAL trouble maker. If you get involved with her, youre dead. He leaned toward us on the table and whisper We call her MD. Mad Dog because shes crazy.

I let out a discreet sigh. I really despite this kind of people. Especially women that were like this. They usually dont care about anything and especially not about people that care about them. They just go around and do whatever they want. I shook my head. I wouldnt be friend with her at all.

But why didnt she respond to Big Boss?

Because Big Boss aint scaring me!

I jumped a little bit. We didnt realize that she was just behind us when we were talking. She smiled to Jang Min. We all shivered. I didnt what it was, but that smile was like saying Ill kill you later. She walked toward the free seat next to Jang Min. She put her plate down on the table and patted his shoulder. Jang Min was looking down and somehowpouting? His cheeks looked puffier than usual. There was something I really wasnt getting. She leaned toward him.

Dont go around spreading rumors about me. Youll scare them. She then turned around to look at us. Ah, and I was kidding. I didnt answer him because I was sleeping. Nazi put me there at 6 am. 6 freaking am. And I went to sleep at 4. Geez. That Nazi guy.

She kept on talking like this like we were friends. As she was in front of us, I could look at her more. She wasnt really tall. She had shoulder length chestnut hair. Greenish and Brownish eyes. Difficult to say. Maybe both colours. She wasnt wearing any jacket. Just military trousers and a black shirt. Her arms had a lot of scars. Some even looked like gunshot. I never saw a gunshot my own life but I saw some on TV. And it looked like one. Without realizing it, I was looking at her. Our eyes met. I quickly looked away and ate again.

Well, well, if you aint my type. She said.

I didnt look up since I didnt think she was talking to me. With her feet, she slowly kicked the table. The mashed potatoes I had on my plate fell on my trousers. I pinched my lips and closed my eyes to get myself together. I really didnt like her at all. I look at her. She was tilting her head on the side slightly and had a smile on her face. The type of smile a psychopath has before murdering his victims.

What. I said coldly.

I told you you were my type and youre not even answering. If it isnt impolite…”

Oh, because kicking the table when someone is eating aint impolite maybe.

Come on, its not like mashed potatoes leave any stains anyway. Oh, will your report it to your manager and Ill be punished?

Why report it to my manager when I can bring you down anytime.

Wow, wild boy, I like where this is going.

This isnt going anywhere. Now for god sake leave.

I said the last sentence a bit louder than I expected. She raised an eyebrow. She straightened up. She put her elbow on the table and rested her chin in her hand. Her smiled changed. I didnt know what kind of smile it was. She looked into my eyes.

Youre definitely ending up in my bed.

I widened my eyes. David chocked on his drinks. Chaewook, Haesoo, Minho and Jinsoo were as surprised as me. Jang Min reached his hand to her face. He grabbed her ear and pulled it hardly, making her whine a little in pain.

YOU LITTLE. Stop trying to get every handsome men you meet in your bed you . Dont put a mess with my men. Theyre new.

Go to hell you er. I do what I wanna. And youre not my boss so leave me alone. And theyre new? She straightened a little bit to look at Jang Min and put her crazy smile on her face I could show them one thing or two

You…”

Jang Min put his arm around her neck and started choking her. I mean, not really choking, but like, the position was like he was chocking her. I looked around. The only one that were looking at us where those who came in with me this morning. The rest acted like it was normal. I blinked a lot. It was way too much. The heck with her.

Go to hell ! Jang Min said when she bit his finger.

NOLA TEULAN.

She turned around a became pale. Jang Min let her go. She stood up, let out a deep sigh. She looked at me.

I was serious though. Youll end up in my bed. Sooner than you expect. She then turned toward Jang Min. I guess Ill see you in hell boy.

She then smiled at us and walked away. I really hate her.