The Long Goodbye

“I’m so happy that I met you. You, my love.”

14 August 2017

Nam Ji Hyun sat in the kitchen with omma, chatting softly over coffee as Ji Chang Wook walked into the kitchen. He gave his mum a quick bear hug and kissed his Nam Ji Hyun on the cheek as he set down beside her.

“Are you ready?” Nam Ji Hyun asked.

“I am. Bang will be here soon.” Ji Chang Wook replied. He pulled Nam Ji Hyun into his arms for another hug.

His omma smiled kindly at them. Ji Chang Wook had dated in the past but he never brought a girl home. Not till Nam Ji Hyun. His omma knew that Nam Ji Hyun was something special.

“Well, I’m going to change so we can leave on time.” She said, leaving the two alone for some privacy.

“Araso omma.”

Nam Ji Hyun turned to Ji Chang Wook and gave him a small smile. He smiled back at her. “Saranghae Nam Ji Hyun.” He said, softly her cheek and taking in her beautiful face.

“Saranghae Ji Chang Wook.” She replied, putting her hand affectionately on his newly shaved head.

They kissed softly.

Ji Chang Wook held Nam Ji Hyun closely as they made their way to the carpark where Manager Bang was waiting.

“Saranghae.” Ji Chang Wook murmured, softly into Nam Ji Hyun's hair. She tightened her arms around his waist.

“No mini skirts in school! No late night studying with boys! No boys!” Ji Chang Wook said quickly.

Nam Ji Hyun and his omma laughed.

“Aish, I’m going to wear all the mini skirts I want!” Nam Ji Hyun replied cheekily.

Ji Chang Wook pulled Nam Ji Hyun closer to him for another kiss.

“I’ll call you.” He said.

“Araso.”

“Saranghae Ji-Hyunie.”

“Saranghae oppa. Oppa fighting!” Nam Ji Hyun replied, holding back her tears.

They shared a final hug and kiss before Ji Chang Wook got into the car.

As the car made its way out of the carpark to the military camp, he watched sadly as Nam Ji Hyun waved goodbye with a brave smile.