One Year Together

One Year Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun shined through the blinds filling up Farren’s room with light. Illuminating everything she owned one by one until finally reaching her. Groaning as the light woke her up she took the pillow she was resting her head on and pulled it over to cover her face. It was a Saturday and she wanted to sleep in as much as possible. However, her hopes were shattered when she heard a beep come from her phone, notifying her of a new message. Taking the pillow off her face she yawned as she reached out for her phone knowing who was the sender of the message.

*ALERT! This is a Good Morning text! This is a Good Morning text! Thinking about you ALWAYS! Your day is going to be filled with happiness, laughter and LOVE!*

Her lips creeped up, smiling from ear to ear, cheeks slowly turning into a rosy shade of pink. It was her boyfriend on the other line. Being madly in love with a romantic has it’s heights. Rubbing the sleep off her eyes, she sat on her bed, resting her back on the headboard as she typed in a reply.

*WARNING! The amount of Cuteness has exceeded beyond endurable! Heart Warming UP! Heart Warming Up!*

Sure, that was a cheesy reply. But that was how they showed each other their love. Their kind of love was filled with cheesy texts, cliché dates, and out of the box days together. Farren placed her phone on her bedside table as she got out of her bed and stretched. She slept in her boyfriends’ oversized tshirt that covered her up to her mid-thighs. She reached up as the tshirt rose revealing her shorts from underneath.

Beep! Her phone rang signalling another text.

Mark: Morning Babe! Happy One Year ❤ I’m coming over in an hour!

Farren: It’s ONE YEAR ALREADY! YAYYYY ❤ But babe, one hour is too early, I look like a mess.

Mark: But you always look perfect, what’s the matter? :/

Farren: You think I look perfect cuz every time we meet I always dress up even if it’s an indoor date.

Mark: What are you wearing to make you not look perfect? You look perfect in everything :*

Farren: Ooooh Smooth line :* I’m wearing your Tshirt that has ice-cream printed all over it with short shorts underneath.

Mark: Wow, You would look gorgeous!!!

Farren: I’m not wearing any make-up and I have my hair in a messy bun, with my glasses on and socks on. Trust me, I look like a truck hit me. 😝

Mark: You just described my version of perfect babe. 😉 Get Ready, you have 45 more minutes till I’m in front of your apartment. :*

Farren: 45??!! Getting ready now, Love You Loads!

Mark: Love you too Princess

With that being said, Farren placed her phone on her dressing table and walked into her bathroom to shower. It was the couple’s One Year Anniversary. Each has planned a surprise for the other on the special day. From morning till the evening it was Mark’s surprise and from evening to the next morning it was the time for Farren’s surprise. Finishing her shower, Farren stepped out of her bathroom with her towel tightly hugging her body. Drying the remaining water droplets from her body she tied the towel around her hair, she walked towards her closet. It was 8:30 a.m and Mark was said to come at 9. Quickly coating her body with body lotion, she took out a plain white, long sleeved sweat shirt, a dark blue pair of skinny jeans that was ripped in the knee area and a red checker-board printed scarf. It was a simple yet comfortable outfit, perfect for the coolness of the fall breeze. She changed into the outfit and sat in front of the mirror. Pulling the towel off her hair and patting it dry, she began to comb through her auburn hair. Before blow drying her hair, she began to put makeup on. Starting by applying a light coat of foundation along with concealer to cover her dark circles, she drew a short wing liner on her eyes and coated her lips with a maroon coloured long lasting matte lipstick. Satisfied with how her makeup turned out, she checked the time. It was 8:50 a.m. 10 minutes until her boyfriend said he was going to be outside her door. Quickening up her pace, she plugged in the hair dryer and started drying her hair. While drying she made soft curls in her stomach length hair.

DING DONG! Her doorbell rang. It was exactly 9:00 o’clock and her boyfriend was here.  A man of his word and always punctual. Luckily her hair was done drying and was styled just correctly with luscious curls. Running from her room and towards the front door, she tripped and fell. That was Farren! Clumsy and always tripping Farren for you. Quickly standing up and dusting herself she opened the door.

There he was, her boyfriend. Mark was holding a bouquet of bright red roses. When his eyes met Farren’s, his mouth opened, took a step back, his right hand on his chest, and gasped. “What happened? Is something wrong? Do I look that bad?” Farren asked worried. 

“Bad? You look like a Goddess! If you weren’t already my girlfriend, I would be hitting on you at this very moment. You look so breath taking that I had to step back and appreciate how incredible you look!” He replied making Farren’s cheeks pink.

“Oh stop it! You look eh.” Farren commented shaking her hand receiving a chuckle from Mark. He was weari

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter