SETH "Hyun" LEE

My World

In LA

 

“Be sure to be in the top, the company needs a competitive heir” a strict command from a 54-year-old businessman.

 

“Yes Chairman.” an eighteen-year-old Seth affirms to his father while talking to him on the phone.

 

Seth ended his call to a man whom he can’t even address as his father. The Chairman, strict, business oriented and Korea’s richest businessman. That is what his father is, not even a single time that he felt that he is being loved and cared by his father. In order to get that love and attention he gives his 100% to his father’s command, whether it’s being an honor student (thanks to his god given intelligence of course) and living away from home. Despite his efforts, everything is still not enough. He can’t even win his father’s love and much worst he himself is not happy. He is empty inside, that no matter what he does, he always feels that something is lacking. He is alone, in a stranger country away from home but there is that one that ease his loneliness it is playing a guitar and singing a song.

Since he was young Seth always hides the fact that he loves music, because he thinks that his father will not like it if he pursues performing over studies. He was envious of his friends who get to choose on what to dream they should pursue or goal to follow, because he himself doesn’t know if either it is his choice to follow his father’s wishes or it is because he is afraid that he will put his father down.

------------------------

It is 12 in the midnight, yet Seth is still awake finishing his homework. He is a graduating student from The Harker School and his goal

.. his father’s wish is for him to enter Harvard Business School. As he is scrolling through his Computer’s monitor, he accidentally saw an ad for a Performing School in Korea. He was caught off guard on how the ad made him happy, a tear dropped on his left eye, his heart beats fast and his blood is rushing through his veins.

THIS IS IT !

THIS IS WHAT I WANT !!!!!

I AM GOING TO KOREA AND STUDY HERE !!!  the 18 year old boy shouted and told himself that he should at least follow his dreams. And maybe he will find answers there.

 

“SIR ! SIR! Is everything alright sir?” a huge knock on the door by his 40-year-old butler Mr. Han.

“Mr. Han book me a flight to Korea tomorrow.” An excited Seth commanded his butler as he shows a huge grin on his face.

“Are you sure about this Sir?” a doubtful look can be seen from the butler’s face yet he still followed his master’s command.

“Nothing less, nothing more. This will be the only thing I desired for myself nothing can make me happier than following what my heart desires.” The confident young man responded.

“KOREA HERE I AM.” He added, but the restless look can still be seen on his face.

----------------------------------------------------------

Author's NOTE: next chapter will be yoojung's STAY TUNED!