moonlight

then i’ll star in a mystery (fingers crossed there will be love)

moonbyul/wheein


The brick wall behind her is rough, her neck protesting as he leans on it.

The moon is bright, a wedge of light burning through the sky.

The time on her phone reads 11:11 pm.  Wheein makes a wish.

She waits then, but she doesn’t hold her breath, listening to the steps, the noises past the back door.

It’s not long before she hears the creak of it opening, the muffled footsteps on the wet pavement.

“Wheein,” she calls softly.

Wheein looks up, leaning back to properly meet Byulyi’s eyes.

Under the moonlight Byulyi looks different.  Her white blouse opens just enough to let Wheein see the lines of her collarbones, the milkiness of her neck.

“Let’s go home,” Byulyi says, shoes stopping right in front of Wheein.

Wheein can’t stop looking at her, eyes catching at the peach color is lined with.

She gets up, eyes lowered, grimacing at the feeling the rough pavement has left behind her thighs.

“Why are you here?” Wheein asks, backing up.

Byulyi looks at her, she sighs.

“Hyejin said you were here,” her hands go into her pockets, “I asked around, someone said you were behind here.”

It’s hard to be mad when this is what she wanted.  She looks at her phone.

11:16 pm.

“I want to go with you,” Wheein says, voice quiet, “you said home.”

Byulyi’s hand reaches for her, pulling her forward.  

Her lip gloss is sticky when her lips press to her own, Wheein holds her breath then, eyes caught in the way the moonlight shines in Byulyi’s eyes.

“Ok,” Byulyi says, small smile forming, “ok, if that’s what you want.”

Wheein leans forward, presses her own kiss to Byulyi’s soft mouth.  The force of it makes them stumble, Byulyi’s hands reaching for her hips, holding on.

“Let’s go home,” Wheein whispers.