Chapter 1

See-through
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"This is the third time you've been to her house, Yoo Jeongyeon!" a claim filled the early morning. Other noises that comprised a harmony with the voice were the hissing of the kettle and a light sneeze from Jeongyeon herself.

 

"Okay, what's the problem?"

 

Jeongyeon's response received a stern look from her roommate who crossed her arms. "She invited you to her house three times, Yoo Jeongyeon! And heck! You entered without hesitation three times! She practically has the hots for you!"

 

Jeongyeon rolled her eyes as she propped her arms on top of the dining table and then proceeded to place her face on top of her hands. "You're overreacting, Jihyo." Jeongyeon calmly added, her eyebrows raising.

 

A scoff left Jihyo's mouth as she puckered her lips up in disapproval. "Mmhmm, that's what you said about the other times too, mmhmm, but who turned out to be right? Me!" Jihyo belted as she pointed at herself with a rather proud smile.

 

"I'm just saying,” Jihyo emphasized, “She's a new girl but she definitely has the hots for you. It's been two weeks since classes and you've already been into this Mina girl's house three times." Jihyo curled up her fingers to signify the number three. "Three times, Jeongyeon! She's probably going to take you to her parents soon enough at this rate!"

 

Jeongyeon rolled her eyes as she gathered herself up from the table and walked towards the stove. A chuckle left her dainty lips thereafter. 

 

"We were just working on our physics lab though. I don't know what you're talking about, Jihyo." 

 

Jeongyeon pulled out a cup from the rack and poured the hot water from the kettle before adding coffee mix. Taking a quick sip from her drink, Jeongyeon's eyes fell on the beloved clock on the wall. And suddenly, her face turned pale and her eyes shrieked in horror.

 

"WE ARE LATE TO CLASS, JIHYO! WHAT THE FREAK! WHY DIDN'T YOU WAKE ME UP EARLIER?!" 

 

"Oh," a loud and clear mutter left Jihyo's mouth as she sheepishly smiled at Jeongyeon in guilt. "I forgot you have class earlier than me, sorry." Jihyo put on her best puppy eyes but Jeongyeon didn’t catch them. Jeongyeon shoved her drink into Jihyo's hands, grabbed her bag from the sofa and then proceeded to sprint to the door.

 

"Wait, Jeongyeon! You forgot to change..." Jihyo's words trickled as the door slammed right in time. With a shrug of her shoulders, Jihyo gulped down the sizzling hot coffee. That is, before she realized how scorching hot it was. 

 

"This is karma!!!" Jihyo screamed.

 

//

 

"Park Jihyo, I'm going to kill you today!" Jeongyeon muttered under her breath. 

 

She couldn’t believe what she was seeing. That reflection of herself couldn’t be real. She did not for real come to class wearing pants covered in all sorts of emojis and a shirt with the words "Ride me" printed on the front. Both were presents from her beloved friend, Momo, who bought them when she went to the States for break recently. But to think that she would ever be seen wearing these gifts outside of her house, oh god. 

 

"I want to go cry," Jeongyeon whimpered as she peeked through her hands to see her reflection on the glass walls once more. "Hideous," Jeongyeon cried before closing her eyes, "A fashion terrorist!"

 

After a brief moment of silence for herself, Jeongyeon walked into the building before scurrying off to her class.

 

//

 

Lunch today, unnie?

Minari 

 

"Ooooooh, Yoo Jeongyeon! Who's this?" 

 

Jeongyeon saw two curious hands head for her phone and quickly pushed away the human embodiment of curiosity. 

 

"Just my physics lab partner, Momo." 

 

"So," Momo stared at Jeongyeon with her bright eyes and a submerging smirk, "Are you going on a lunch date with her today?"

 

Not you too 

 

Jeongyeon rolled her eyes again as she opened the message on her phone. "Not a date, Momo!" Jeongyeon calmly retorted. But Momo simply mocked Jeongyeon's response and poked at Jeongyeon.

 

While Jeongyeon was concentrated on sending a message to Mina, the lecture hall suddenly quieted down as a small figure walked in. A woman in simple cut jeans and a white t-shirt with a blue cardigan greeted the class with a small smile. She swiftly attached a clip-on microphone onto her cardigan as the whole lecture hall mumbled on about how pretty she was.

 

Sure! I'll let you know when I'm done with class, Mina! 

 

And send.

 

As soon as Jeongyeon read the "delivered" statement under her message, she received a small nudge from Momo. 

 

"When Professor Lee said we'd have a substitute for the next couple of days, I honestly expected some old grandpa, not some pretty chick like her!" whispered Momo in awe. 

 

Trying to comprehend the magnitude of this beauty, Jeongyeon, too, looked up from her phone and stared down a couple rows below at the female figure. She squinted her eyes to get a look of the girl but could barely get a clear glimpse of her face. 

 

"Eh, I've seen better." Jeongyeon mumbled instead. She hadn’t gotten a good look at the girl's face, but just from her fashion Jeongyeon concluded that she's an ordinary girl, even though she did seem to have nice luscious hair. But that's besides the point.

 

Immediately Momo scrunched up her face and slapped Jeongyeon. "T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter