Vox Nihilis

Imperfectus

Nayoung is scared of failing. As the eldest, she’s expected to lead the group, to keep them in line, to make the decisions for them. She’s tasked to take care of her members, and to keep them together as a group. She tries to do all of her jobs, all she’s expected to do, tries to go beyond and more. She feels the weight of the world on her shoulders and holds it up, even if it tires her out. Most of the time though, she feels that what she’s doing really isn’t right, that there’s something essentially lacking in herself.

She wasn’t ever a people person after all, and she doesn’t think she ever will be. During her stay in Produce 101, and even in IOI, she was Stone Nayoung, a girl with less facial expressions than there are fingers on a hand. She tries hard to show everyone she’s not apathetic, that she’s just as capable of emotion as much as everyone else (introducing herself as a warm stone and smiling a lot more often wouldn’t hurt after all, right?). Until now, she’s not really sure if it ever worked at all.

Part of it would be her lack of skill in speaking, she thinks. For a long time, simple gestures and body language were enough for her to get things across. Now, she knows it’s just not that easy anymore. She can’t convey everything through pointed stares and vague motions, can’t tell her members how she feels with hand movements. She tries to find ways to make it work, spends hours thinking of different things, but she simply can’t come up with any answers. On long nights, she often deeply ponders (and most often doubts) if she was the right choice as the leader.