s u g a r

kara sevda [suga x jennie]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There were too many pieces of crumpled paper around the floor.  

 

His ideas were like a bolt of lightning, or maybe like a mushroom that pops out of nowhere; it comes and goes, he likes it then he hates it, he'll keep it for a while then he'll scratch it, tear it and throw it away - and he's always been like that, a typical teenager who is impatient, impulsive, and loves procrastination. 

"I'm not in a mood for anything" he whispered.

Then, he just gave up - not give up entirely, but give up just for today. I still have a week, he said to his mind.  He felt like the words doesn't seem to fit, there were emotions but not strong enough to win the music competition. He usually can finish writing a song and composing within 40 minutes, but not today. He has a lot of scratch papers around, he actually didn't know if his standards were just high at the moment or if he's just being hard on himself.  Why was he being hard on himself? Maybe if you lived your life in a very strong competition with your older brother who is so perfect with A+ grades,  and the pressure coming from a dad who is a well known doctor and doesn't support your dreams of becoming a musician in the future, who wouldn't be?

And viola, there you have it ladies and gentlemen, Min Yoongi, a 17 year old bummer, whom his father thinks has no talent, dreams to become a well known composer and musician in the future. 

But no, he won't give up on his dreams. His mantra for this year is that: If your father doesn't support you and if everyone around you doesn't think that you can make it, then you have to prove them wrong.  Most especially if this music competition would be his ticket to the university to study Music. It is all or nothing, or else his father will force him to study Medicine, which he hates the most.

Maybe I just need a rest, he thought. He laid his back on the surface and closed his eyes. The wind brushed his hair which he found very relaxing. Breathe in, breathe out. He hates the sunlight so much, he covered face with his notebook to avoid the rays coming to his eyes. 

It has been silent for a while until

 

             "When you've been in the dark for so long

              even a flare of light can scare you" 

 

He was surprised by the sudden voice that he heard. It was a girl. For as long as he remembered, he was the only one on the rooftop. It was not even break time, who is this sneaky little devil like him who has the nerve to skip class, he thought

 

He heard footsteps.

"It was straightforward, without a hint of irony..."

He uncovered his eyes and look at the person standing in front of him.

"And deep"

 

She's definitely not from their school, she's dressed on a very casual look. She's wearing long sleeves, skirt and sneakers but obviously bought from a branded store. She has mermaid locks, slim figure that could pass like a ballerina, a pretty face and eyes that can pierce a man's soul.

Yoongi was captivated. Maybe it was her face, or the way she spoke, or her sweet voice, or her eyes that hypnotized him. 

"I found these pieces of paper downstairs. The wind might have blown it away leading its way to me" she continued. "Sorry, it's awkward, with what I've said, now I am being overly dramatic"

Yoongi looked dumbfounded.

"Hey, are you okay?" she asked worriedly.

"Oh" Yoongi finally snapped out of his thoughts. "Yeah, I'm sorry"

"I'm sorry too, did I disturb you?" she asked.

"Not really, well, I was just surprised that there's a girl here.... on the rooftop"

"Were you scared?"

"Pardon?"

"Do I seem like a flare of light?"

"Was that a joke?"

"Prolly"

They both chuckled.

"But I like it" she said "I like what you are writing"

"Thanks" he responded to her heartfelt compliment.

 

            "She lit the candle, it flares, it burns"  

             It's so passionate, it's blinding, yet it hurts

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter