Aftermath

M a r k e d

hngxd

 

The sound of beeping comes from all around him, the omega lays there as he stares up at the ceiling,

No thoughts run through his mind as the ache, the hold of the heavy cast weighs his arm down.

Blinking slowly as the tears gather around the corner of his eyes, he feels his lower lip tremble as he recalls what the surgeon had come into his room said,

“Can you repeat that?” The dazed omega mumbles out, unable to process the words being told to him,

The surgeon looks at him sympathetically,

“I am sorry, Mr. Kim. The surgery was a success concerning your bone placement, it was an easy fix, but” Dread prickles down his spine as the words are repeated once again, “The nerves in your arm are severely damaged.”

in a breath, his body trembles as the words relay in his mind.

“Meaning you could lose most functions in your arm,”

The soft click of the door opening startles him, his shoulders bunching up as he stares at the door in fear, flashes of three days ago hit him as cowers from where he lays.

“It’s me, baby.” The soothing voice of his alpha immediately calms his body though it doesn’t help as the resentment builds when Jeongguk comes in,

His fingers twitch as the alpha comes closer, his stomach curling in disapproval,

The dream, his one dream was torn away from him that night,

All because of his relationship with the alpha.

Jeongguk looks down at his omega with fond eyes, unaware of the turmoil going through Taehyung, a soft smile on his lips, “How are you doing?”

The question swallows like a bitter pill.

Taehyung merely stares up at him, his eyes vacant before he shakes his head and looks away.

It wasn’t like the omega to simply ignore his alpha, but Taehyung was in no mood to deal with him.

Not now, not for a long time,

A gentle hand swipes at his face, flinching the omega looks towards his alpha once again and doesn’t miss the pain reflecting in his eyes.

“Why are you crying, do you need me to get the nurse for more pain relaxers?”

Taehyung didn’t realize he was.

“Taehyung?” The voice hesitant,

The incident only happened because of his relationship with Jeongguk, the thought echoes in his mind.

Every time he would down at his arm would be a permant reminder,

An ugly reminder that this will never go well between them.

Swallowing, grimacing once he notices just how dry his throat is, his lips part, “Leave, Jeongguk.” He rasps out, his eyes refusing to meet the alpha’s.

The room quickly goes from the smell of heavy chemicals to nervous alpha, the omega crinkles his nose at the assault.

Jeongguk stares wide eye at his omega, stunned at the request, “W-why?” Panic fills the alpha’s tone as he stands there frozen,

Confusion bleeds out of the alpha because why would Taehyung want him to leave, now out of all times?

His instincts call out to protect his omega, there was no way he would be able to leave his side – not after he just got him back, not after what happened.

Jeongguk refuses too.

Taehyung turns to face Jeongguk properly, his eyes glazed as he shakes his head, “My dream…” His breath stutters as the words fall, his face pinched with grief, “Is gone, Jeongguk.”

Tears roll down his cheeks as he stares directly into his eyes, “My arm is useless,” He whimpers out, “I won’t have full use of my hand, G-Guk.”

Jeongguk stares at the omega in shock, his lips parting unable to voice out anything.

The passion that fills Taehyung more than anything was to be an artist, the omega would always speak, show, bring him into the world he cradles in his heart preciously.

Jeongguk knows how important the dream Taehyung carried, to bring life one day into building his own studio for learning,

To color the world with his passion.

His own room filled with the paintings his omega has crafted with his own two hands, the pack’s room decorated with portraits painted by Taehyung and now-

Now they mean nothing.

They now only serve as a reminder of what could have been.

“Surgeries,” Jeongguk wheezes out, trying to grasp at something to fix this, “We can call the best surgeons in the country, we’ll bring them in, it’ll be okay.” The alpha rambles on unaware that the omega has already given up hope.

Taehyung coughs out a laugh, the tears never ceasing as he shakes his head before looking down at his left arm,

Screws were sticking out the cast, keeping the bones that were broken in place,

“There’s nothing to do, Jeongguk,” The words were mumbled as his expression turns blank, “Save your money.”

Jeongguk looks at the omega with pain painting his expression, he reaches out to touch his face to offer comfort, seeking it for himself as well,

Only for Taehyung to jerk violently away, his eyes flashing in warning,

“Leave me alone, Jeongguk!” He screams out, his eyes watering as he bares his teeth at the alpha.

This is all his fault, his fault

The words chant in his mind even as the expression his alpha wore would normally crush him, but as the medication runs its course through his body,

Taehyung could not bring himself to care.

Sensing the sudden distress surrounding the omega, Jeongguk takes a step back even if it hurts him to do so, the action going against every instinct in his body.

“Calm down, baby,” Jeongguk soothes though the words have the opposite effect.

“GO!” Taehyung screams, his breathing picks up as he cries out.

The alpha lets out a soft whimper at the rejection from his love, the pain growing as he takes another step back,

“I-I’m going to fix this, Taehyung.” The words drowned at by the hyperventilating omega who continues to scream for him to leave. “I promise, baby, I will.” The words wet as the lump in his throat builds.

Nurses push pass him, one gently pushing him out there as they explain that he needs to leave, his partner is in no condition to have visitors right now.

It’s all drown out as Jeongguk watches as his omega thrashes against the doctor’s hands, trying to calm, hold, him down as one of the nurses injects a needle into his arm.

The scene is imbedded in Jeongguk’s mind as the door clicks shut, his body numb.

He caused all of this,

The alpha did this to his omega,

Jeongguk took away the one dream Taehyung would always speak about, his eyes wide as they sparkle at the topic of their future together.

They crumble right before their feet.

 

Jeongguk's promise is never fullfilled and Taehyung's nerves remain pretty damaged, he continues to use it normally, but some days it acts up which causes his right one to be his dominate hand now (◞‸◟)

I'm so terrible lol but I brought it up in two of the chapters already posted as well as two? other finished ones I have yet to post! I wanted to explain what happened (´∀`)

This connects with Kidnapped/Eye for an Eye in case anyone is lost!

Of course things work themselves out, Taehyung slowly lets the resentment falls, but sometimes it comes back late at night when things become overwhelming (´°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥ω°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥`)

This is very small, but I realized I won't be able to post the drabble of Taehyung leaving this week, I changed things from what I wrote the original draft, so I kind of have to rewrite a good portion of it :/

I'm not sure how long it will be length wise too lol so do look forward to that at least!

Also! I feel like I may have caused confusion with the last update, the chapter is written in the past which helps connects to what leads up to chapter one!:D

Take care lovelys!♡

Thank you so much for reading!(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)