PANGALAWA

long sleeves

《 JK 》

 

Jungkook is tired listening to the same voices everyday. It's not that he doesn't want to learn though.

He is so close to sleeping until the bell rang, the class has ended.

Finally!

Jungkook fixed his things inside his bag. He is so excited to leave the school, to leave from the--

"Hey Jeon.", Jungkook heard the familiar voice.

He turned his head to look at his classmate, named Kim Kong, who never stopped bullying him since freshman.

That's when Jungkook remembered that it's Wednesday today. Which means that Kong is assigned to clean the room today for being late but Jungkook will take that responsibly.

"You know already what to do right?"

Jungkook looked down and nodded slowly as he heaved a soft sigh.

As if I have a choice. He thought. 

"Good.", Kong and his friends then laugh and went out the classroom leaving Jungkook alone.

Jungkook never had a friend in his school. He maybe had before but they are fake and just left him alone in exchange for popularity. Jungkook never wanted attention anyway so he let those people do whatever they want. He always get bullied for being shy and quiet which made him come to the point where he started hating school.

Thankfully, he got the flyer that was being distributed in the street where he always walk going home one night. Because of it, he is now working in a café, Rainbow Café,where he met Taehyung, his true friend outside the school.

Jungkook quickly cleaned the board and arranged the chairs. He doesn't want to be walking at night.

He looked at his watch, it's 5:29. He grabbed his bag and ran going out the school.

He run and run, while fixing his raven hair until he reached the café.

As soon as he opened the glass door, he shouted and greeted everyone, the regular and new customers.

"Good afternoon!"

Some of the customers chuckled.

"It's almost evening!", a regular customer said and laughed.

Jungkook chuckled along while panting.

"Good evening then!"

Jungkook walked to the locker to fix his things and wear his apron / uniform while Taehyung is busy serving the orders.

"You're almost late today huh. Are those bastards late in the school?"

Jungkook nodded and chuckled it away. "Yeah, but don't mind it."

Taehyung just nodded and patted Jungkook's shoulder before he went back to the kitchen.

Jungkook heard the hanging bell clang, which means that a customer came in. It's their regular customer, a couple which Jungkook really adore.

The girl walked to the same spot where they always eat, while the guy walked to Jungkook.

Jungkook fixed his apron as he showed his smile.

"Good evening Sir! Same order?"

"Same order, bro.", the guy said with a smile.

Jungkook typed the order and walked to the kitchen to tell the order. He heard the bell clang again. Maybe a new customer came in or a customer who just finished came out. 

Jungkook walked back to the booth and get the guy's cash.

"Keep the change."

Jungkook smiled again and bowed. " Thank you Sir! We will just serve it to you."

The guy then walked away.

And that's when Jungkook found that there's a new customer. His wearing this blue jacket and fitted jogger pants. His hair is pink and Jungkook wanted to badly compliment it. But as soon as Jungkook's eyes met the guy's eyes, he noticed the sadness. It's like the colorful look of the customer is useless if his mood is in black and white.

Jungkook thought of a crazy idea.

"Good evening Sir!", Jungkook cheerfully said as he showed his smile to the customer who was surprised by his sudden interruption.

Jungkook is right. The customer was in deep thought that he forgot to move forward to the booth.

Whatever he's thinking, Jungkook's sure that it's making him sad.

"You look gloomy tonight, Sir.", Jungkook said wih a pout. He then looked at the menu and smiled as he continue to talk.

"If I were you, I would have the Unicorn meal. Colorful cookies and a slice of cake plus a fruity drink with ice cream on top. Sir, it would definitely give color to your dull mood tonight!"

He sounds like he is promoting, but he's not. He just wanted to cheer the customer up.

The customer looked at the menu as he started to speak. "Hmm, okay. I'll have it." He said in a monotone.

"Great!", Jungkook rushed to the kitchen to tell the order and waked back to the booth to type the order.

The customer then reached his cash to Jungkook.

Jungkook stared at him as he get the vash and gave the change.

"Smile, Sir. It makes you even more beautiful."

Jungkook noticed the pink shade that flushed in the customer's cheek despite his sad face.

He slowly smiled as he get the receipt.

"We'll just serve it to you, Sir. Thank you!"

The customer then walked away and sit on the favorite spot of Jungkook, which is close to the glass window.

 

"Tae-hyung!", Jungkook called as he peeked throught the window of the kitchen.

"Yes?" Taehyung asked as he grabbed the tray of order.

"Can I have an early break?"

Taehyung chuckled. "You're hungry already?"

Jungkook chuckled shyly as he rub his nape. "Kind of. And I want to eat with the new customer because he looks lonely."

"Oh, you sure he would let you? You might be accused for being feeling close to a stranger huh."

They laughed and Taehyung then let Jungkook have an early break. Jungkook thanked him before removed his apron.

Jungkook opened his bag from the locker to get his snacks.

He then placed it on the tray and walked gping to the table of the lonely customer.

"Hi sir! Here's your order!", Jungkook said and the customer turned at him. Jungkook placed the dishes and drink on the table.

"Thank you.", 

Jungkook watched the customer as he grabbed the fork to start eating but Jungkook interrupted him.

"Uhm, can I eat with you Sir?"

The customer looked up at him curiously. "W-why?"

Jungkook tries to think of an excuse but he cant think of anything. 

"Aah, there's no more empty chair here and I'm hungry..", Jungkook continues to mumble like a kid.

The customer just smiled and let him sit. "Okay, okay, just sit and eat."

Jungkook's eyes widened as he smiled widely. "Really? Thank you!"

Jungkook excitedly pulled the chair and sat down as he started eating.

"Hmm, why are you sad? Do you have a problem?", Jungkook said while munching his burger.

"Is it that obvious in my face?", The customer asked and Jungkook stopped chewing then nodded slowly.

The customer who took a sip of his drink chuckled softly.

"I just feel sad, I don't know why."

Jungkook guess that he's lying but he just goes with the flow.

Jungkook gulped the food down before he speaks. "Oh, I understand you. I'm like that sometimes.But smile now, don't you know that you're beautiful? And smiling isn't bad tho. Come on, cheer up."

Jungkook looled at the customer and he watched him smile as he brush his hair up. Jungkook is right, the customer is really beautiful when he smiles genuinely.

They continue to eat and talk.

 

 

"What's your name by the way?", Jungkook asked, he is already done eating but he chose to wait and talk with the customer.

"I'm Jimin. Park Jimin. And you are Jungkook what?"

Jungkook's eyes widened. "H-how did you know my name?"

The customer, named Jimin, giggled. "I saw it on your uniform awhile ago."

Jungkook laughed at his dumbness. "Oh, yeah. I'm Jeon Jungkook.", He said and offered his hand. Jimin took and shook it.

"Thanks for offering this meal. It's so delicious.", He said as he wiped his mouth with a tissue.

"Welcome. I hope to see you again next time."

"As long as you're the cashier, I'll go here."

Jungkook chuckled as he fixed the empty plates and glasses on the tray. 

"I'm only on a night shift."

Jimin nodded. "It's okay."

Jungkook watched Jimin as checked his watch.

"I guess I have to go back now and you have to work now."

They both chuckled. "Thank you so much, Jungkook. You're such a kind person."

Jungkook smiled widely. "No problem, Sir Jimin"

"Just Jimin."

"O-oh, Jimin.'

"Friends?"

"Friends!"