A midget and his beast

Can you help me(find love) *REWRITING
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Love is expected to be a forever thing, right? Something that humans spend their whole lives looking for it. Once you find it, you’re to hold onto it and treasure it. People aren’t supposed to lie or cheat on their loved ones. Right? Jungkook’s parents certainly didn’t get this memo. His dad had cheated on his mom with some girl that worked for him. Jungkook didn’t figure this out until he was twelve when he heard them fighting one night. His mom was yelling at his father, hitting him and bawling. His father was still as stone and waited until his mother finished. That night, Jungkook sobbed himself to sleep, too terrified to do anything. It wasn’t until he was fourteen when they got a divorce. His father left with his young girlfriend, leaving his mother and him behind.

 

“Remember Jungkook, nothing good lasts forever. You can’t trust anyone in this world. Okay?”

 

His mother clutched onto him when she said this. Hiccuping through her words and soaking his shirt with her never-ending tears. So does love exist or not? His father obviously didn't love him or his mom. He just loves . The ing bastard. Jungkook’s now 17, living in Daegu with his mom and going to go spend the summer with the stupid guy in America where they originally lived. Love . Good thing I’m not doing that .


 

Jungkook startles to hear his phone buzz, telling him that someone is calling him.

 

He hits the button to ignore it and shoves the phone roughly back in his back pocket. His phone calls out weakly from his pocket, informing him that it just died. Then he strides forward with a slight hesitant step and hands the agent his boarding pass. She smiles at him sweetly. Jungkook walks calmly down the corridor though his heart is pounding.

 

He steps onto the plane with a sharp breath. It smells like strong coffee and too many people. Loud voices mix over each other. A man sitting in the first seat scowls at him for some reason and Jungkook bristles back at him and pass on. A young girl, probably around thirteen years old, struggles to get her pink and blue carry-on in the overhead bins. He takes two steps to help her and she looks up at him. Her pretty face blushes a deep red but accepts his help. She thanks him while stuttering.

 

“You’re welcome,” He tells her, a bunny-like smile lingering on his thin lips.

 

Jungkook moves on to find his seat. His heart sinks. He’s supposed to sit in the middle of two guys around his age. There’s one with lavender hair and one with black hair, both bickering. Jungkook apologizes to the purple-haired man as he tries to move across him.

 

He attempts to get comfortable, setting down his small backpack as the flight attendants begin the safety instructions. A loud twinkling sound comes from his back pocket and the pale black-haired guy with pouty lips glares at him.

 

He wonders who was calling him earlier as he stares at the black screen. The plane begins taxiing very slowly but it still frightens Jungkook, tightening his grip on the seat.

 

“Flight crew and attendants please prepare for takeoff!” A hyper-sounding voice announces.

 

Jungkook wiggles around his in the seat. The purple-haired man tries to start a conversation with him and a loud wail is let off somewhere in the plane. Jungkook ignores them both and plugs in headphones to his dead phone, hoping the weirdo will get the message. The airplane starts to move faster and it lifts off the ground as Jungkook lets a slight smile escape his cherry red lips.


 

--------------------------

 

Jungkook stands trembling in the baggage claim in the freezing airport. He clutches his backpack closer and pulls his suitcase toward him. Jungkook’s neck aches from the very long, sleepless night and his heart had plummeted to this stomach. His useless father had forgotten to pick him up.

 

He told Jungkook that he would pick him up right on time. But all this time Jungkook has been searching for his dad.

 

He sees the purple-haired guy from earlier yell loudly and runs into another tall, handsome man’s arms. The tall man with wide shoulders and brown hair wraps his long arms around the other, whispering softly in the other’s ear. Jungkook looks away with a pang in his heart. Did that really forget me? Maybe I really should have stayed with Mom in Korea.

 

Time passes by slowly, the large group of people already thinning. His heart starts to pound uncontrollably and he lifts up a hand to calm his heart. Jungkook finally slips on his backpack, picks up his suitcase, and walks outside to go hail a taxi.

 

He glances around anxiously but everyone is pretty shady looking. A tallish man with ragged hair but nice clothes nods him over. Jungkook gulps uneasily but shuffles over. The freakish man looks Jungkook over which makes Jungkook shiver in revulsion.

 

“Ye gonna need a ride?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter