Final

Sorry

I tiredly tread into my bedroom, As soon as my bed is within reach, I collapsed upon it. Staring lifelessly at the ceiling, I think about us. The little things we shared with each other. The texts we shared. The moments we spent together. Us.

 

He’s been so distant lately. I keep trying to reach him but he just shows no reaction. I don’t think this is right for us. Maybe we should break.

 

I pat the area around me, in search of my phone. I opened my phone, finding his contact and opened our messages and shoot him a text.

 

Wanna meet at the bridge at Yongsan Park, tmr at 8pm?

 

A few seconds later, a reply came through my phone. Sure.

 

After seeing the reply, I drop my phone on the ground. I covered myself with the blankets, falling asleep as fatigue washes over me.

 

°°°

The sun shines through the blinds, shining onto my face. Blocking the light on my face with my face, I wake up. Sitting up on my bed, I stretch and recollect the thoughts I had last night. I head towards the bathroom to freshen up.

 

I clean the house while listening to music, collecting my thoughts and having a little dance break in between thoughts. I finished cleaning, in the early afternoon. Since I haven’t ate, I ordered Chicken Katsu.

 

Even though it was still early, I changed into some sweats and headed out the door. I walked through the streets aimlessly. I looked around the stores window shopping.

 

As time came closer and the sun started to set, I headed towards the park. There were still some people at the park, even though it’s a bit late. Since it was summer, the days were longer and the sun was up longer. Walking towards the bridge, I saw someone standing in the middle of the bridge, leaning against the wooden rail.

 

Upon hearing my footsteps, the person turned his head to look at me. “Hey Mira,” he greeted calmly.

 

“I didn’t think you’d be here this early. You’re always the late one,” I recalled the memory.

 

He scratches his nape and grins cheekily. “I know right? So what’s up?”

 

“I...I wanted to talk about us.”

 

“Us? What about us?”

 

“I’ve noticed that we’re not really going anywhere with our relationship. Maybe distant, if you’d like to call it that. I just think we’re just stuck here in this relationship. We’re not really affectionate with each other. I just think make this relationship isn’t for us.”

 

“Mira, you’re not actually serious-”

 

“I’m serious about this Taehyung,” I cut him off. “I thought about it for a while. Sometimes I think that we don’t have enough communication between us and it doesn’t seem like a relationship.”

 

“I see,” Taehyung replied, taking in what I’m saying while tears line my eyes.

 

“I guess it’s unhealthy of me to just have you while we aren’t really doing anything. I’m sorry. I just think this is what we need. We need to break up,” I add on as I start choking up, holding back my tears. “I’ll remember the things we shared with each other. I’m grateful to have you by my side even though it was for a while.”

 

“Mira. I can make it up to you-”

 

“Taehyung, I think this is the best for the both of us. Thank you for the memories,” I finished off. I turned around, walking away from him.

 

“Mira!” He calls out for my name. I stop but I continue walking away.

 

 

We’ll just become a memory.

 

 

Though it feels like pain right now.

 

 

Time will take care of it.

 

 

 

Words: 610