Innocent

The Other

Jiyong is 30 years old has been working for YG ever since he got out of college. He has always been the over achiever and has strived to work for this company. It opens a lot of doors for his a profession. What is it that he does for a living you ask? Well he is a sound engineer he is the guy that makes all the music you listen to sound good. He makes sure that people like BlackPink sound amazing even when they have a cold. 

Going to Seoul University you never think that Jiyong would work for a hip hop company but he loves the sense of family that he gets from everyone in his department and the people that work there. He is not allowed to talk to the idols but doesn't mind it because in his position he is too busy looking at computer screens all day. A side job that he has been doing for the company is getting rid of viruses and from the computers in the work space. 

A couple of months ago the computers have been getting back viruses due to the trainees downloading crappy to the computers thus creating a nasty virus that could risk the company's security. Jiyong is a man too so he doesn't take offense that the kids like to watch . Just the fact that they are downloading it willingly at the work place. He has placed lots of signs and still they download crazy content. With a sigh Jiyong is doing that very task. He is once again getting rid of . 

"What is it this time." says Seungri a fellow co worker coming in the studio. 

Jiyong laughs. "Looks like they like the group this time" 

Seungri shudders. "These kids are so young...erts." 

Jiyong looks away from the computer with a grin. "Come on...don't tell me you never looked at ..." 

"Ok ok...but still being this age...it's just weird man." says Seungri taking a seat in the black on light wood studio.

The studio that they are in is the main studio that most of the big artist go into . Since it's August most of the artist are done recording and promoting their summer tracks still. 

Jiyong comes up from the desk with a sweaty brow. "Finally..." 

"Geez they need to give you raise for all the work you do here." 

"I don't mind it." says Jiyong. He is a very loyal person to the company. When they ask for something Jiyong never says no. He will stay for as long as it takes until the task is done. 

"You need a damn vacation." says Seungri who has had plenty of days off. Well really sick days. Seungri is smart like Jiyong but lazy. The man only does what is needed and nothing more. Jiyong and Seungri get along mostly because they are opposite from each other. Seungri brings the human aspect of the friendship. 

"I'm good. Ri...really." says Jiyong patting the man on the shoulder as he takes a seat at the computer near by.

Seungri takes a seat next to his friend. "So what you working on hyung." 

"Just a new artist that they did a demo for." Jiyong is clicking like crazy trying to make this girl sound amazing. He can make anything sound like they have been singing for ages. Some of these artist are just produced and not really made to sing live. Jiyong knows this for a fact. 

"Wow you really did a good one with this track." Seungri spins in his chair once. "I think I might go to the club tonight...you want to join?" Seungri laughs a bit. "Why do I even ask." 

Jiyong smiles. "Yeah why do you" says the man still clicking on the computer. "You are not going to find a bf or gf just sitting in here looking at that damn computer all day man. You need to live." says Seungri now standing to adjust his clothing that is always with the trends. Jiyong shrugs his shoulders. "I'm good man. I'll see you at the apartment." 

Seungri leaves the room leaving Jiyong to himself in the room. He will be working for the next 4 hours and that's typical when it comes to cleaning up music. Jiyong's stomach growls a bit making him reach out his left hand to feel for snacks and forgot he ate the last of his stash. "Aish" mutters the man as he rises from his chair. Jiyong goes down the hall and to the elevator to summon it. The doors open and Jiyong takes the 3 flights up for him to get to the tech floor/marketing floor of the company. Jiyong takes the first left down the black hallway to find a very busy floor of people working on music to websites to marketing. 

Jiyong goes over to his cubicle and opens a bottom drawer full of junk food. "You know that is bad for you." says Minzy his co worker that sits next to him. She is wearing a oversized hoodie because it is cold as most of the time for women in the building. Her hair has a bad perm but her makeup is beautiful...just that hair tho. "I don't have time to waste to warm up..." says Jiyong with  a laugh. "Let me eat." 

She clicks her tongue adjusting her curly perm. "Well don't get mad when you gain weight." 

"We have been working here for years." Jiyong pats his flat stomach. "I don't notice any change." 

Minzy laughs. "Yeah yeah....well it could happen." 

"Well...I'm going to continue to take advantage." says Jiyong turning around. 

"Going to your bat cave?" 

Jiyong motions as he walks away and says slightly louder. "Yep to the bat cave I go." Jiyong walking down the many cubicles opens a bag of crisp and savors the flavor of the artificial cheese. "Oooh this is extra cheesey today." If you have not noticed Jiyong doesn't really have much going on. He dresses well and his hair is well kept....but he is very single and committed to his job. It's nothing too out of the ordinary here at this job because working at YG you don't have time to really do...really anything. Jiyong goes to work and pretty much lives at work....not literally but sometimes he will go to work when it's dark and leave when it's dark. 

"Oh Jiyong!" says Dongwook behind Jiyong 

Jiyong slightly startled drops a couple of his snacks on the ground. "Aish. Yah boss...why you have to...." Jiyong continues to pick up his snack and the bits of chips that flew out of his mouth when he was startled. 

Dongwook chuckles. "I want you to meet someone" 

Jiyong stands and straightens his clothes still not looking at the other until a hand reaches out making Jiyong turn to stone once they make eye contact. The man standing next to Dongwook still has his hand out. Making Dongwook nervously laugh. "Jiyong...." 

Jiyong snaps out of his trance and shakes the hand. "Nice to meet you." 

"I'm Choi Seunghyun." 

Jiyong then stares at the man in front of him. His eyes well up a bit. "Hi..." it's all that Jiyong can say at the moment. "I....I....need to....do something." says Jiyong leaving very quickly from the men to dart down the aisles of cubicles. Dongwook looks over at Seunghyun and apologizes. "I'm so sorry. I don't know what's into him today." 

Seunghyun nods as he watches Jiyong walk so fast it's not even funny. "It's ok. I really appreciate the tour." 

"Well since we are working in the marketing department together I might as well give you a mini tour. Did you have this many people under you in the states?" 

Seunghyun laughs. "Yeah...about a 1000." 

Dongwook laughs. "I have to ask...why did you come back here to Korea? You were one of the top people in LA." 

"Korea is home and I just want to try to make a name for myself here too." 

Dongwook laughs a bit. "You are too humble. You are the best in Korea." 

"Well...I guess I'm good." Seunghyun chuckles. Seunghyun has had it pretty good ever since he went to the United States at such a young age. His family has lived in California ever since Seunghyun was 10 years old. He is very American but because of his parents he didn't lose the Korean culture. 

"We were thinking of having a welcome party for you. Would you be interested in going tonight?" 

Seunghyun smiles. "Of course. I don't mind it at all." He then motions where Jiyong ran off to. "Where did that guy go so quickly. I thought they all worked on this floor." 

"Well he likes to work alone...he is the loner type. He's a tech guy so you don't have to worry about him working for you. He's my guy." 

"Oh I see. Married to work huh." 

"Yeah. He doesn't really do much. Single as can be and lives at work. I wish that he would date...that kid." says Dongwook worried about Jiyong because the man only thinks about work work and work. "He's in the studios right now...just slaving away at a track. The great thing about him is that he gets things done quickly." says Dongwook with a laugh. 

///////////////////The Studio

It's much later in the day and Jiyong is still clicking and eating his junk food. The screen then does black. "What the !" He hits the computer to then hear a chuckle. "Seungri!" 

Seungri makes a innnocent face. "Ops." 

"Yah! I was working!!!" 

"You know every move you makes auto saves." 

"But...why you do that..I was really making progress." 

"You are always making progress." 

"What do you want?" says Jiyong clearly annoyied as he watching Windows update...."Great...a update...I was dodging that damn updat all day..." 

Seungri who is use to Jiyong's rants changes the subject. "There's a new employee...you know what that means." 

Jiyong rolls his eyes. "I'm good." 

Seungri then looks surprised. "Since when do you pass up a free meal and drinks. Come on...I brought you clothes." 

Jiyong then sighs. "I don't want to go." 

"Why...do you know the guy or something..." 

"No...I don't" says Jiyong quickly. 

"Yah...you are lying" says Seungri looking the man over. "LIiiiiieeee" he says slowly. "Who is he huh." 

"It's just a person who went to primary with me...it's just a little weird." 

"He probably doesn't even remember you. You are a grown man...you are not the puffy cheeked Jiyong." 

Jiyong then touches his cheeks. "Yeah I guess..." He then sighs. "I really don't feel like it." 

"I will not let you stay in this damn bat cave on a Friday night. Come on..." Seungri pulls on Jiyong's arm. "Hyunnnnnggggggieeeeee" he whines. 

"Aish..." Jiyong then sighs. "Fine fine..." 

//////////////////////////////WooBar

Jiyong and Seungri come into a very very very loud bar and about a late hour into the whole welcoming Seunghyun into to the company party. Seungri goes to the hostess and she then leads them to a large private room. There are at least 60 people seated along a lonnnng table  with Seunghyun and Dongwook  near the head of the table. "Yaaah! Over here!" says Minzy with even more frizzy hair and a beer in her hand. Jiyong and Seungri take a seat next to the woman and acknowledge the people around them. The department is pretty big so the group is automatically clicked up. 

"So what brought you here?" say Minzy still surprised that Jiyong is there.

"I came for the food." 

Minzy then chuckles. "Are you sure you are not here for the new boss in the office. My god he is yummy." 

Seungri then laughs. "Geez why don't you ask him out." 

"I don't want to date him...I want to him." 

Jiyong rolls his eyes. "And takes a sip of beer that is poured for him by Seungri." 

Seungri then looks at Minzy. "Jiyong says he doesn't really know the guy but every time we talk about him...notice Jiyong is not a fan." 

"Oh...is he a jerk?" says Minzy.eyeing Jiyong. 

Jiyong shakes his head. "No. It's nothing that deep. Just awkward." 

One thing that Jiyong is good at and some times not so good at is hiding his feelings. Today is one of those days because Seunghyun is here. Choi Seunghyun. His first love is sitting at the end of the table. Jiyong thought that after Seunghyun moved and the many years that went by that he will never have to see the man again. He won't have to have his heart hurt again....

They were young boys Jiyong remembers the man clearly. How he was there for him and all that he did to make sure that Jiyong was safe to and from school. It was all innocent when they were together. Both of their families didn't mind them being together either. They loved each other dearly how Seunghyun hugged him just the right way. He listened to all his problems and kissed him just the right way. They didn't kiss like adults. It was innocent. They were in love and inseprable. 

Just that day. 

The day when Jiyong had to say goodbye to the one he loved to then waving to a packed car to never see the man again. Jiyong from that day Jiyong just became a person to himself. He had a regular childhood but he always had the what if. He had his moments where he loves Seunghyun, he hates Seunghyun, he misses Seunghyun, to just not wanting him in his life. He was just starting to forget him...until earlier today. Those eyes...how can he not forget those eyes...and when he shook his hand. Seunghyun didn't look like he remembered him. 

Jiyong feels silly even feeling this way...but when someone so special to you just shows up. Its not that easy. "I'm going to take a piss." says Jiyong slightly buzzed. The man stands from the table and makes his way out of the now crowded room of friendly drunks and buzzed co workers. Jiyong makes his way not to the restroom but to the outside of the bar. He really needed some air but he didn't want anyone going with him. 

The slightly buzzed man takes in the night air followed by a exhale looking into the night sky. The street their are on is pretty busy but there is just enough space on the sidewalk he can stand freely without getting in anyone's way. 

"So this is where you are." says a deep voice. 

Jiyong then freezes. "I yeah...see you inside." says Jiyong about to go in but a arm grabs his wrist to turn him around. "Please..." says Jiyong looking down at the hand on his wrist.

Seunghyun slowly takes his hand away. "I'm sorry." The man looks at Jiyong who is still not looking at him. "Have you been well?" 

"I'm fine..." says Jiyong shortly. 

"Why do you not look at me?" says the man slightly hurt. 

Jiyong looks at the man. His eyes are kind and dark...just like when they were little. "Sorry..." says Jiyong in a low voice. "I need to go back in." 

"Please...don't go just yet." 

"Why..." 

Seunghyun looks at Jiyong. "Because I missed you." 

"You missed me?" says Jiyong with a laugh. "You didn't even acknowledge me at the office." Jiyong scoffs. 

"You didn't either." 

Jiyong then averts his eyes because he did the same. "You did it first. Plus you just show up after 10 years...how do you think I felt...." 

"You could have said that you remembered me in that moment." said Seunghyun still looking at the younger. 

"What do you want from this conversation Seunghyun." 

"I just wanted to say hi to you that's all." stepping a little closer. 

"Well you said hi.. Don't worry we don't have to be friends like when we were younger. We can just be adults. I'm over things in the past."

The older looks at Jiyong with that gaze. "Are you?" 

"Well of course...that was years ago."

"Even though it was years ago. I still love you."  says the older with slightly glazed eyes his words are strong, but that's just Seunghyun. He never holds back what he is feeling. Jiyong can't help but do the same. The memories then all of a sudden over came him. The good times. When they were innocent. "You still love me" says the older relieved with a small smile. 

Jiyong blinks quickly and averts eyes. "I don't love you anymore" 

Seunghyun then kisses Jiyong in a full on lip lock. Grabbing the small frame into his. The kiss is not forced but natural as they both lock lips. With this kiss Jiyong can't lie any more as his full lips release the kiss to look the man in the eyes. The kiss was so all of a sudden Jiyong is in a daze as they stand at a distance again. "You still love me." The man smiles again. 

Jiyong looks the man still in the eyes. "I...." "Oh there you are Hyung!" yells Seungri totally drunk. "You are the new guy! Nice to meet you" Seunghyun takes the younger ones hand and shakes it. "Nice to meet you!"says Seunghyun. He speaks as if nothing just happened between him and Jiyong. As the two are talking Jiyong feels his lips. They are still moist from the kiss. Jiyong is buzzed but confused and happy and mad at the same time. He is not sure what to do. He can feel Seunghyun and his eyes on him. 

Jiyong then goes over towards the side of the street with his hand out. "Taxi!" 

Seungri then turns quickly. "Yah...we haven't been here that long." 

"I need to go home." says Jiyong at his roommate.

Seungri then sighs. "Nice to meet you. I need to go with my roommate." 

Seunghyun nods as he sees Jiyong hail a cab. "Nice talking with you two." He then goes into the club. 

Jiyong thought the man would chase after him and tell him not to leave. 

For Jiyong...It's hard to think right now.

*I"m back with another story. What do you think???? Please leave a comment, upvote, and follow this story for more. Thank you so much for reading! 

Elise Choi