Chapter Thirty:

Underground Rapper
Please log in to read the full chapter

I put my book bag in my room, change out of the top half of my school uniform and go back downstairs to Ji-ho and Kyung. "One question at a time," I tell them.

"Who's pants are those?" Kyung asks.

"Minho, he gave them to me so I can stay warm."

"What did Taehyun need to show you?"

"He had an audio recording from Mi-jin that reveals what really happened between Minho and Bada. Taehyun took me to Minho's house so he can show us the audio."

"Did you patch things up with Mino?" Ji-ho wonders.

"Yes."

"Is anything going to happen between you two?"

I hide my smile from them. "Maybe."

"Something is! What's happening?"

"He asked me on a date."

"What? Do you like him?" Kyung asks.

I didn't tell him about my crush on Minho. I feel so bad. I nod my head.

"Oh." He sounds so crush.

"I'm sorry I forgot to tell you," I say. "If it makes you feel better, I haven't told Ji-seok-oppa none of this."

"It's okay Jia. I'm just surprised that you said yes to the date." I can tell that Kyung is hiding something, but I don't want to push him to figure it out.

I run my hand through my hair. "I'm sorry," I say again. I just feel bad because we are so close.

Kyung pulls me closer to him. "It's okay," he says.

"Are you sure?" I look up at him.

"Yes." He smiles at me and I smile back.

***
I get up from my bed the next morning with this killer headache, a sore throat and my stuffy nose has gotten even worse. I groan at the thought of putting on my school uniform, so instead I go downstairs to see my mom. "Mom," I croak out.

She turns around and looks at me. "Oh, Jia, are you feeling okay?"

I shake my head. My mom comes over to me and check my temperature with the back of her hand. "You're burning up. I'm going to get the thermometer and some vitamins; you go try to eat some breakfast," she tells me.

I nod, shuffle to the dining room, I sit down, and peck at the food in front of me. I don't have much of an appetite right now, so I only eat about a quarter of what my mom has given me.

She comes back down with the items and presses the thermometer to my temple. After thirty seconds or something, the thermometer beeps and she checks the number. "You're not going to school today," she tells me. "I'm calling you in."

"Why?" I sniffle. Even though I feel really bad, I don't want to miss a day of school.

"You have 100.3 degree fever. Take these." She sets the vitamins down and checks how much I had to eat. "Eat some more," she demands.

"I'm full," I pout. I scoop up the vitamins and take them with some water.

Mom sighs and tells me to go back to my room. I go back to my room and curl up in my bed. I hear my brother and my mom get ready for work and school. My door opens and my brother appears in the doorway.

"I heard your not going to school, is there anything you want me to tell or bring Mino?" He asks.

"In the fridge down, I made a lunch for him. Can you bring it? It's in the blue container."

"I can do that. Anything else?"

"Yes!" I reach on my side table, grab a bite pad and pen. I jot down a note telling him I'm not coming to school, extend my hand to Ji-ho, he walks over to me, and takes the note.

"For Mino I'm assuming." I smile at him. "Alright. I have to go now. Feel better." He waves.

"I will." I begin to cough. "At least I hope so." He leaves and soon does my mom, afte

Please log in to read the full chapter