Chapter Sixteen:

Underground Rapper
Please log in to read the full chapter

Monday morning comes and I already have this feeling like today is going to . Ji-ho and I finish eating our breakfast, rinse the bowls out and place them in the sink.

"Are you okay?" My brother asks.

"Not really, I have a bad feeling about today," I answer.

"Could it be because you have to clean this kitchen after school today?"

"No, but now that's part of it," I sigh.

"You should've thought about the consequences before you cut class. I expected cutting classes from your brothers, but not you," Mom says.

"I know, I'm so sorry about this whole situation. I truly deserve this punishment."

She hugs me. "Go upstairs and finish getting ready for school."

I go upstairs and brush my teeth, Ji-ho closes the door and rests against it. "So, when are you going to tell Mom, Dad and Ji-seok-hyung about this?" He cross his arms over his chest.

"I already told Oppa." I smile.

"How did he take it?"

I nervously laugh. "He may have gotten a little angry at news."

"Ji-ho! Jia! Kyung – my future son-in-law – and this strange boy are here!" Mom shouts to us. "The strange boy calls himself Mino!"

"We're coming!" We stop in our rooms to grab our book bags and then we go down to the living room. Mom wasn't lying when she said that Minho is here.

Ji-ho and I put on our light jackets and shoes, Mom kisses us goodbye and the four of us leave the house. As we stroll down the street, Ji-ho pipes up, "Why are you here, Mino?"

"I was in the neighborhood."

"You don't live anywhere near here," Kyung comments.

"Fine, I thought I would drop by. What's wrong with that?"

"Nothing, it's just very unusual of you to drop by," I state.

"Is it a bad thing that I did?" Minho looks at me.

"No, no, no! It's fine!" I panic.

He nods his head. "What did your Mom mean when she referred to Kyung-hyung as her future son-in-law?"

I feel my face heat up as Kyung and Ji-ho chuckle. "She has this idea that Jia and I will get married in the future," Kyung says.

"Is there a reason behind that?"

"Jia use to want to play with Kyung all the time," Ji-ho answers. "And she said she wanted to marry him."

I cover my face with my hands. I don't want to talk about this anymore.

We get to the campus, Minho and I separate from Ji-ho and Kyung. We take our seats and Minho turns towards me. "You use to say that you wanted to marry Kyung-hyung, huh?"

"I was five and Kyung-oppa was really nice to me," I defend myself.

"Do you still like him?"

I mean I do, but not like I use to. I don't know why though.

"You do like him," Minho accuses me.

"I didn't say that."

"You didn't deny it."

I my lips as I feel my heart rate pick up. "Why does it matter?" I ask, trying to take the attention away from me and my feelings.

"It doesn't." It is quiet for a moment. "I saw on social media you went to visit Ji-seok-hyung. How was that?"

"It was good. I ended up telling him about what's going on in school."

"How did he take it?"

"He was angry this is happening and he thought it was his fault."

"Because he broke up with Bada?"

I nod my head. "After talking it out, the two of us, his roommates and the guy next door to his dorm went out for lunch. It was really fun." I smile.

"How nice are his friends?"

"They're nice."

"But how nice? On a scale from one to ten." Minho leans on my desk.

"Like a six." I shrug.

"Okay." He leans back.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." He turns around as the teacher walks in.

Something seems off about him today. Did I do something to upset him?

***
Minho and I sit at a table together. We begin to eat the lunches I brought for the two of us. My brother, Kyung and Taehyun joins us at the table, like always.

"How has class been with her?" Kyung wonders. He's shooting draggers at the girl in question.

"She doesn't do much during except glare at me and lip some things to me."

"What does she lip?" Ji-ho asks.

"Some bad words." I eat the last bite of my sandwich.

"She's so petty," Minho scoffs.

"Can I have a bite of that?" Taehyun stares at Minho's food.

"No! Ge

Please log in to read the full chapter