~01

The Kdrama of My Life

All my life I wanted nothing more than being in my comfort zone. 

Hobbies? 

Dream jobs? 

I had none, and I was not proud of it. 

I had very few friends for I am very selective with who I chose as friends. So my best friends were only Sura and Sui. We'd been friends since we were 6.  

Study. Eat. Sleep. Repeat. Those are the only things I was good at. I had no specific talent, so I thought studying was the only way to get me through this miserable life. I studied... And studied...

However, one day I scrolled down through my social media's page. Seeing these beautiful celebrities, wearing fancy clothes, driving luxury cars. It hit me immediately. Some of them were at my age yet they're already somewhere, being successful. I'm still spending money off of my parents without a shame. 

I couldn't eat. Spending sleepless nights questioning myself...

Am I going to be successful? 

Do I like the life I'm living now? 

How are those people and I, living in the same world, but yet so different? They must've saved a country in their past lives! 

And those questions led to more thoughts and even hatred. 

I hate them. 

I don't wanna see any more of their photos because they're making me feel so pathetic. 

I wouldn't eat for days. I spend days and nights in my room alone, feeling bad about my life. Until one of those days, I realized something... 

Those celebrities are humans. 

They're NOT born with talents, they worked it. 

They're at where they are now because they worked for it.

Me? I'd been lived 18 years of my life trying to avoid troubles and people while hating on others for doing the opposite. 

Moreover, I'm the writer and the main character of my own movie. My life's up to me. Not anyone. Not even the people I thought were better than me. 

I have to make a change, not them.  

I wanna change. 

And that will change today. 

 

I walked out of my room, looking ill because I haven't eaten or gotten out of the room for days. Mom ran to me in a concerning look. 

"What have you done to yourself!" 

I smiled and hugged her.

"Uh.. Mom, dad. Starting from next semester, I'm moving to SEOUL." 

"What?!" both of them looked at me in surprise. 

"Have you gone crazy because you've been in your room for too long? I know you're a good student, but we can't afford..." 

I placed a finger on mom's lips. She slapped my hand with a glare and I beamed with confidence.

"I'll work for it. I just need you guys to help me with half of my tuition fees. It's just the same as when I study in here." I explained. They looked at my uncertain at first, but dad walked towards us and took my hand supportively. 

"I believe you can do it. You can always come back home if the outside gets too hard." 

I smiled with joy and pulled them into a group hug. 

"Thanks, dad. Thanks, mom!" 

And, that's when my new story began.