Chapter 3: The tough Leader

Unable

Jackson and Bam arrived Mokdong at more than 4pm that day. Staying at a corner of the street which is opposite with Han Min’s mother’s house, Jackson lowered his window glass while looking around to observe something.

 

People were walking here and there sometimes. While Jackson was staring at the house and tried to see through the door by using his glass, BamBam got off their car and leaned on a tall tree beside the road.

 

“Hey, what are you doing?” Jackson voiced out. “You are supposed to hide.”

“I’m working.” Bam simply said, his eyes were wandering around.

“Whatever you do, boy.” Jackson turned around, back at his stares work.

 

When the house’s door was cracked opened, a woman went out. She looked pretty old for her age as they knew from Han Man’s profile, she seemed to be tired and exhausted while walking down the street, head to the market. Jackson was about to follow but BamBam was still standing beside a tree, talking with a stranger who must be a neighborhood person. So he decided to go alone.

 

“You like that house?” A woman asked Bam when he shared an idea that want to buy a house across the road.

 

“Yes, I’m looking for a simple and small one since I live alone.” He lied without blinking. “Do you know if they want to sell?”

 

“I don’t think you should contact them.” The woman said, her voice became quieter. “They are scary.”

 

“Scary?” He asked in a suspicious voice. “Who are they?”

 

“People said that the son in that house is a criminal who was wanted by Interpol. He must be dangerous. Only his mother lives here but who knows if he appears suddenly.”

 

“You don't see him around, do you?” Bam replied. He was closed to his purpose.

 

“No. Never.” She firmly said. “I live nearby but I have never seen him.”

 

“He must be the house’s owner.” He touched his chin, said while thinking.

 

“That's right. You still want to buy?” The woman asked in shock. She must thought that Bam was crazy. Who wants to involve with crimes like him?

 

“Of course.” Bam said smiling. “Can you inform me when he is back? Please?” He handed a piece of paper that his number written in. The woman carefully took that and asked again in a shocking tone.

“You are so cra-”

“I know. Thank you.”

 

Jackson was back after following Han Min’s mother around. She just went to the market, bought something for her dinner and came back, didn't stop by anywhere or talked to anyone. He didn't get anything from her then.

 

“What a useless day!” He whined loudly, leaned back to his seat and glanced at Bam who was opening the door to get in.

 

“Not really, man.” Bam said while tightened his seatbelt.

“What have you got?” Jackson started the engine, ready to go.

“Someone to contact. Hope we will receive new information soon.”


 

---


 

JinYoung was breathless. Mark’s hand on his neck was getting tighter that he thought of dying anytime. He didn't know what’s getting into Mark or what he did wrong to receive such punishment but he had no time to find the answer, he had to get out of Mark first. He struggled to save himself, scratched Mark’s arm with his nails and kicked Mark’s leg with his foot but seem nothing works this time.

 

“What…. wr-ong with….” JinYoung managed to say something but it was like a whisper.

 

Mark didn't blink once at JinYoung’s reaction. The water from the shower made his shirt soaking wet. And he even became madder when he realized how warm it was.

“You are taking a relaxed shower while your college started working from this early afternoon.” Mark growled slowly, squinted his eyes. “Seriously?”

“Let--- let me…”

“And even warm water?” Mark raised his free hand, switch to cold water while keeping JinYoung under it. “Take this to become stronger. I don’t ing care what did you had to suffer before but once you stepped into this Force, you have no spot to be weak.” His cold tone voice and the cold water in winter, JinYoung could not figure out which one was colder. “You! Gather yourself together and go back to work tomorrow or get ing out!”

 

Mark finished his sentences and disappeared as fast as he made his appearance before. The bathroom door was widely opened, JinYoung was soulless sitting on the floor, his eyes were fixed on the wall in opposite, thinking about what has happened just now. He still hardly breathed and coughed sometimes. What's Mark said was lingering in his head. His leader was right, he has no spot to be weak here - the Special Mission Forces. But he didn't come here just to relaxed neither. He smirked at himself, didn't want to stand up or get out of the cold water pouring on his head or just had no strength to do it at all. Until Jackson stumbled in panic and pulled him out, JinYoung realized he had sat there for more than an hour before became unconscious.


 

Jackson angrily walked in the corridor with bold steps and even crashed with YuGyeom who went on the same way. He didn't bother apologizing, turned at the next corner to the way head to Mark’s room.

 

“What are you doing?”

Mark was reading a book while sat on his bed, the dim light told Jackson that he was going to sleep soon.

 

“That’s what I want to ask you.” Jackson grabbed Mark’s shirt to pull him up, made his book falling on the floor. “What have you done to JinYoung?”

 

“Taught him the right thing.” Mark didn't protest, let Jackson do whatever he wanted. “ You came here because of him?”

 

“I don’t ing care what’s your right thing. But he is weak, you can’t do to him like that.” Jackson was mad that Mark didn't look worried at all.

 

“Weak people are not allowed.” Mark calmly said, put his hands on Jackson grip. “He chose to stay here. And he has no other choice.”

 

“Let me tell you.” Jackson slammed Mark in the wall behind, he used lots of strength but Mark didn't grime at all. “You are the one who made him to come.”

 

“That’s his decision after all. I didn't force anyone.” Mark was done with this conversation, he shook off Jackson’s hands and lowered himself to get his book, before looking at Jackson red eyes. “And if you love him this much, tell him to do well instead of making trouble.”

“You-” Jackson was speechless. He couldn't argue more if the latter found his weakness. And yes, he loves JinYoung that he never wanted his Leader to touch JinYoung once again.


 

The next team meeting was organized in the morning after. JinYoung showed up despite Jackson’s request that he needed to rest more. He was fed up with resting and didn't want another sudden attack from the Leader anymore. But when he sat in the same seat as yesterday morning, the atmosphere in the room was not bright as he expected.

 

Mark was the first one attended. He welcomed Jackson and JinYoung with a cold and emotionless face, didn't glance at them even once. Jackson was not different, he kept a straight face and didn't greet Mark as they usually do. That's such a terrible way of starting a new day.

 

JinYoung managed to say ‘Hi’ at least, then kept silent the whole time until three younger came in, the room became warmer a bit.

 

“How are you, hyung?” Bam was the first one to say, broke the strange silent. “Are you feeling better?”

“Thanks, I’m doing well now.” JinYoung smiled at him. He noticed YuGyeom’s eyes were lingering between Mark and Jackson, he was not sure if the younger knew anything from last night.

 

“What did you got from visiting Han Min’s mother yesterday?” Mark was always the one who lead the subject to work like he never wasted any seconds.

 

“Nothing.” Jackson replied. “She lives alone and her son hasn't gone home yet.”

“We didn't talk to her directly.” Bam continued. “But I asked a neighbor to contact us if she found anything.”

“So you are just waiting for reports?” Mark questioned them in a strict voice. “You are supposed to take action, not lying there to wait for a result.”

 

They all kept quiet. He was right, their jobs are supposed to be active and they must plan for every possibilities. JinYoung knew their leader was just angry not because of this. And he must be the one who took the responsibility.

“Mark-”

“Say it!”

“If we have her phone number, we can check her calls history to see if any suspicious contact.”

 

And they did. As they had special permission to access databases from all control systems in this country, it's just a blink of an eye. YoungJae was the one who check that, but nothing was found. Mrs. Han rarely used her phone in several years. The phone calls that she got during those time were only from some Oldster Organizations or Social Insurance, and none of them was from any unknown numbers. They concluded that Han Min didn't contact her via telephone, or didn't keep in touch with her at all.

 

As they once again faced an obstacle, Bam’s phone was ringing. It was from an unknown number but he decided to pick up, in case it's from someone they know.

BamBam ssi? Yes, it's me from Mokdong if you still remember. The owner of that house came back today so if you want to discuss about purchasing that, please come today.”

 

The whole team heard that as Bam phone’s speaker. His eyes brightened instantly when he realized that mentioned guy was Han Min for sure. As he was about to replied and ready to go there, JinYoung was quicker to say.

“Do you know how he got there?”

 

“Yes?” The woman was confused a bit but answered anyway. “He came by car, his car maybe?”

 

“License plate?”

This conversation turned weird, considering it's from someone who wanted to buy a house. But they needed it badly and she's not in the state to reject. So she read it slowly and carefully, even confirmed twice as JinYoung said it back.

 

“What are you doing?” They nearly said at the same time when JinYoung popped up from his seat and leaned to Mark’s computer before manipulating something with the system.

 

“Find his car.” He said quickly, his fingers on the keyboard never stopped typing and sliding up and down. When the team were still freezing, Mark stood up and went to the screen on the right, opened the CCTV system and checked that license plate to see where it went and where it came from.

 

“Hey, it could be a fake license plate-” Bam said as hanging up his call, after he promised to come as soon as possible.

 

“I know.” Both JinYoung and Mark said at the same time. They turned to look at each other for a second before being back to their work.

 

“It's absolutely a fake one.” Mark said. “But we can check its route a bit. Maybe one or two roads.”

 

“And with that, we can specify his car in particular and ade in its control system.” JinYoung continued.

 

“This's not as easy as you think.” Jackson was standing, too, right after the moment JinYoung popped up. He thought his friend would do something ridiculous or make Mark angry again. But no, in contrast, they cooperated too well like they knew exactly what was the other doing at the second they started it. Looking at two people who just argued few hours ago became so eurythmic like this made Jackson irritated. He didn't know why or how he felt this way but it's obviously a selfish emotion. He should be happy if their team is consistent.

 

“It might take time but don't worry.” JinYoung still focused on his computer’s screen. “I have done it before.”

 

Mark finished checking CCTV and gave JinYoung the car’s routes. Now the whole team were paying attention to JinYoung, waiting for his results, nervous and hopeful at the same time. This JinYoung was skilled and full of experience, and Mark as glad that he did the right thing to make him return and work for this mission. Without realizing, Mark smiled slightly and his gaze toward JinYoung became much softer. However the whole scene was not missed by Jackson who staring at him all the time.


 

It’s already passed 12PM and the three younger one were out for their lunch. They were not required to stay while the issue remained unresolved until when only God knows. Mark and JinYoung were still working on their computer to identify the car. It’s more complicated and took much more time than they expected, due to its fake license plate changed continuously, and each one was not used more than 1 day. The meeting room was deep in silent, except two people were busy with their work, Jackson just sat at his seat the whole morning and didn’t say anything.

 

“Don’t you go out for lunch?” Mark said, when he titled his head and saw Jackson still in the room. Mark thought they all went out hours ago when JinYoung said that his task would not be done soon.

 

“I’m waiting for JinYoung.” He said nonchalantly, looked at the wall in front. He hadn’t forgot what Mark said last night. And he didn’t want they became this closed.

 

“You go first, Jackson.” JinYoung said, his eyes fixed on the screen, and the serious expression on his face let him know that he wouldn’t leave this room in any minutes. “Don’t be so stubborn.”

 

“What do you want for lunch?” Jackson obeyed JinYoung’s words instantly, stood up and grabbed his coat, ignored Mark’s appearance completely. “I will bring here.”

 

“Whatever you think it’s good.” JinYoung glanced at Jackson and smiled slightly before typing something again. “I’m not a picky eater.”

 

Jackson was about to leave the room  then heard JinYoung to ask Mark what he wants. Jackson pretended to not hear anything, went straight to the door without saying a word. He knew JinYoung was just nice to other and he was sure that Mark would not asked him to buy anything but inside his heart, Jackson felt extremely irritated. He wondered how JinYoung can be gentle to Mark like that after what he had done to him last night.

 

So Jackson closed the door behind his back, the voice inside meeting room was able to be heard clearly even after he walked away few steps.

 

“No need for that, JinYoung. I’m not hungry.” Mark’s voice echoed in the corridor. “Let's finish this first.”

 

 

 

 

 

-End chapter 3-

------------------------------

I don't know why I put Jackson in such a complicated position :( But it happens that way. So sorry for him :(