Reap Me

what's next?

 

Info:

Title: Reap Me
Characters: Johnny, Ten, Doyoung and Jaehyun + OCs
Pairings: Johnny x Ten, Jaehyun x Doyoung, Jaehyun x Ten, Johnny x Doyoung
Genre: Thriller, , Drama
Description: Johnny is assigned to reap Ten, a boy that is deathly ill and the reaper finds himself falling in love with the soul he's supposed to drag with him to the Passover. Yet without warning Ten recovers and leaves Johnny feeling forgotten and unsatisfied. With his friend begging him not to, Johnny finds himself going rouge. Ten was supposed to be his and he will get him, he will claim this soul as his. 
Author's Note: It was supposed to be -with-a-plot because I was just hit by Johnny's Look in Cherry Bomb, but it's actually developing a longer plot. Still it's supposed to have the in it and definitely . 

 

Sneak Peek:
 

Teaser

He was dying. What once had been a strong bronze had an ashy tone to it as his skin revealed how fragile he had become. His lips were rough, chapped, begging for moisture but the boy could barely eat or drink. There was the constant soft beeping from the machine beside the bed, the electric colors of the screen shone brighter, the heart line extended beyond the screen, stretching itself through the room and soon it would reveal itself to go flat. The room was bright, so bright the light that fell on the boy’s skin made it look almost transparent. His chest was rising and falling slowly, cords attached to his limps, needles in his veins, providing nutrients he couldn’t get down during the day. At nights he was barely sleeping, whimpering in his sleep and staring out the window because he slept through the day to avoid seeing the sorrow in his family’s faces.  

It won’t take long, the reaper thought to himself. Before he knew it, death would be near and the boy would be able to see him. In his dreams at first. Then he’ll see him in the other end of the room. Maybe he’ll hear him first, notice the looming shadow in the corner. 
Death was coming for him, and the reaper was waiting.  

 

 

They never assigned him to just one person. Johnny was always on at least two or three people when working. He got those whose death was nearing, but uncertain, the deaths that needed convincing and maybe a helping hand. “Remember the girl with leukemia?” A reaper called Doyoung asked. “When you turned off her machine?” 

Johnny closed his eyes. That wasn’t his proudest moment but after talking with this girl in her dreams and later even when she was conscious he couldn’t let her suffer anymore. The thing was… she had a chance to survive and Johnny chose to play god and he killed her. It had taken so long for her line to end and yes Johnny had gotten impatient, but he came off as heartless and eager for more work, so that was what people thought of him. Instead he knew that it was because he cared too much. Sitting there with her in a field of green and watching bunnies run by he knew she’d never experience that again. He knew though that bringing her soul with him, she’d maybe get a new chance. Fate would treat her kindly and let her try again. Johnny was sure Fate wouldn’t let such a young soul go into the Void, and definitely not Hell. The Passover was a good one for her, she’d try again and she’d find those fields in her dreams.  

Which she did. Johnny snuck off and bailed work one time to find her soul amongst many others and she was now a young boy running through a field chasing sheep with a dog that had stars in its eyes whenever it looked at the boy. She didn’t only find the fields but she also found a loyal friend and the girl he knew may be gone, but her soul lived on.  

Souls were precious material and sometimes Reapers misused them and stole them. There was something alluring and ethereal about these beings of energy that gives life to everything on Earth. Johnny knew he’d once been a soul, that he was chosen for this job by Fate and now he chased dying souls to bring them to Fate and let her choose which road they should take. 

 

-

 

Fate assigned him two new people. Johnny managed one of them pretty quick, but he couldn’t help but hear Fate say. “Made a mistake with the other one. So here is two.”  

He had at first thought of the girl, that she had deserved better, but then he felt his connection with Ten falter and in the dreams Ten told him that he was back at home. That he was better and Johnny managed to find him without looking for death and Ten looked much better.  

Which meant the plan for both of them to go to Heaven was gone and Ten wasn’t his soul to catch anymore.  

Not knowing exactly why, but also knowing it deep in his bones, he felt insanity come over him and he couldn’t fight it. His soul was gone. Ten had been his and now the other yearned life and not the comfort of the reaper. Johnny though still visited Ten when he could and only did at night, because who would like a reaper to visit them at day. It was almost impossible too, the stronger Ten became the harder it was for Johnny to go see him. They moved in shadows not light and Ten was shining so bright.  

 

 

He couldn’t take it and he thought so desperately of reasons to let go, of ideas to get what he wanted and he noticed Doyoung’s frown one day. Doyoung always stood up whenever he came to the apartment and Johnny was seated on the couch.  

  “You’re going a little rouge, aren’t you?” He asked after a long silence. “Being rather cold and pulling in soul after soul and I rarely find you in your apartment lately.” Doyoung narrowed his eyes, taking in a quick breath, “don’t tell me you’re going to that soul’s place every time you’re not working?”  
Johnny glared at Doyoung. “Why do you care?” He asked. “Aren’t you used to me being cold hearted? I kill people after all.”  

Doyoung groaned. “I didn’t mean it like that. Johnny we only convince people to die. You made a mistake, it’s okay.”  

Johnny hugged his own body. “I’m gonna make another.” He warned Doyoung. “If you make more than one, it isn’t a mistake.”  

Doyoung’s eyes widened. “You can’t.”  

  “I don’t care.”  

  “Fate will send you to Hell!” Doyoung went over to Johnny to kneel down in front of him, trying to catch his eye. “An eternal pain!”  

  “I don’t care. This feels like Hell already.” He said and then he stood up. Doyoung backed off. “Be a good friend and stay away. I don’t want Fate to condemn you to the same fate as mine.” Johnny realized what he said and he chuckled. “Fate.”  


 

-

 

 

It was first in Ten’s dreams that Johnny appeared. Now what had always made Ten’s dreams brighter changed. Suddenly he felt the presence of something he knew so well, but it had changed. Ten was a room and it was a funny dream until the light outside started to dim and Ten glanced out at the dark clouds that was gathering on the sky. He went through the room and through a door that missed a handle and some of the frame, but it wasn’t important. He didn’t see the odd colors of the jackets in the hallway since his purpose was the entrance to the garden and those doors looked picture perfect, yet the world out there… it looked very unwelcoming. 

Ten breathed in deeply before he pushed the door open and a terrible wind blew in, and he squinted grabbing onto the door. He saw something at the very back of the garden. A tall dark figure and Ten let go of the door and the wind blew him away and he was enveloped in darkness. 

 

 

  “The nightmare was awful.” Ten recalled to a friend, as they walked to school. “Now every time I dream the feeling of being watched intensifies, like I’m sure something is right with me, but it’s waiting.” 

  “For what?” The friend asked. 

Ten rubbed his forehead in thought. “I don’t know, but I don’t want to know what.”  

 

 

Ten was once again in the house that resembled his own home. This time he was alone at home and it was dark outside. Ten was walking upstairs as if he was heading for bed but then he heard a door open downstairs the wind howled outside. Ten gripped the railing of the staircase before he contemplated on running upstairs into his bedroom or going downstairs to close the door. He decided closing the door would have to be done or else he wouldn’t feel comfortable with sleeping at all. So he was brave and he walked into the hallway. The door to the garden was wide open and Ten stared into the dark garden with his heart in his throat. His feet moved faster, he knew whatever it was it would get in and he ran towards the door. It was like he ran a mile, he almost didn’t move at all. As soon as the door was in reach he slammed it shut and locked the door. He looked up. The pale face of the reaper shone in the light from inside and his brown eyes locked with Ten’s. Ten screamed. Johnny smiled. 

 

If you wish to know more, vote below.