Chapter 3

Monster Hunter

He didn't see Yoongi much after that.

Taehyung with the occasional Jimin or Jungkook would stop by his room constantly and play video games. Time seemed to pass quickly and soon it was the night before the week was up. Seokjin invited him for dinner and Hoseok was uneasy about it.

The last time he had eaten with them it had been infuriating with Min Yoongi throwing him snarky comments and Namjoon staring at him every five seconds. No one seemed to really want him there except for Taehyung and maybe Jimin. Jungkook was still a little tense around him, as if unsure whether to joke around with him like he did with the others. Seokjin treated him like a child and Namjoon...he was angry at him, jealous almost? He wasn’t even going to talk about that Min person.

Nope, he really didn’t want to eat with them.

Dinnertime came around, though and he found himself taking a seat beside Taehyung, who offered a wide smile. Spoons clinked and chopsticks clacked for a peaceful while before Namjoon, who didn't have a book or phone in front of him for once, spoke up. “So Hoseok, where are you from?”

Hoseok looked up and swallowed before responding.“South Gwangju.”

“Ah.” Namjoon nodded. “So why are you here ?”

Seokjin shot him an icy glare.

“I mean in Seoul.” Namjoon clarified.

“I came to a dance academy.”

“Interesting.”

Hardly , Hoseok thought staring back at his rice bowl.

“He’s an awesome dancer!” Taehyung exclaimed. “You should see him!”

“I’m surprised you can still move.” Namjoon said, glancing at Hoseok almost in the way a scientist would stare at a lab rat. “Considering…”

“Considering what ?” Seokjin cut in. “That he should be dead ?”

Namjoon’s eyes widened as he turned to Seokjin. “What?”

“Just say it already!” Seokjin snapped. “You’re mad at me for saving him. That’s why you called Bang!”

Hoseok had to admire Namjoon’s calm composure. His eyes that had been wide before returned to their original narrow, monolid shape. “I’m not mad you saved him. I’m just tired of you pulling these stunts without warning! You bring in normal people that could possibly rat us out! It’s stupid and dangerous hyung! As your leader --”

Yoongi who sat across from Hoseok rolled his eyes and muttered. “Oh boy.”

As your hyung , you should respect my decisions or at the very least trust in me more!”

“I would if you didn’t pull dumb like this!” Namjoon waved dramatically at Hoseok.

“Hey!” Hoseok took offense to that. It wasn’t like I wanted to come here! He thought, angrily.

“If someone is in danger, I’m not going to let them die.” Seokjin said.

“That’s not what I meant.” Namjoon gritted his teeth. Hoseok didn’t fail to notice the vein on his clenched fist on the table.

Seokjin seemed unfazed by it, pouting even.“I’m sleeping on the couch tonight.”

“Go ahead. I hope your neck cramps up.”

“You’d like that, wouldn’t you?” Seokjin hissed.

“I’d love it.” Namjoon’s tone took on a mocking one. “Nothing would make me happier than seeing you complain. And I won’t even give you a massage to help it.”

“And I won’t kiss you goodnight.”
“Good!” Namjoon threw his hands in the air. “You haven’t this whole week anyway.”

“Oh, so this is what it’s about?”

Hoseok looked around to see everyone spooning their food awkwardly avoiding their gazes, probably for fear of being roped into it. He noticed Yoongi had made himself tea and was dunking the tea bag up and down as he watched the two.

“Maybe that’s part of it.” Namjoon admitted.

“You snitched on me because of that?!”

Yoongi sipped his tea loudly.

“No…”

“Kim Namjoon, you are the pettiest man I have ever met!” Seokjin stood up fast, his chair almost falling over. “Forget any kisses. EVER !”

He stormed off, all shoulders and pouty lips leaving Namjoon to cross his arms and bark out a “ FINE! ” after him.

Yoongi dabbed his mouth with a napkin. “I’m out.”

“Me too.” Jimin smiled uneasily at them all before dashing off, Jungkook in tow.

“Hyung…” Taehyung placed a hand on Hoseok’s shoulder. He motioned his chin to the safety of the hallway.

Hoseok shook his head. “You go on.”

Taehyung looked confused, wondering why on Earth would he stay, before shrugging and leaving himself.

Hoseok smiled at Namjoon once they were alone and Namjoon only huffed and looked away.


 He retreated to his bedroom after dinner with a silently seething Namjoon and let himself sink into the bed he’d come to call his own. Just as he settled in under the covers his door opened, causing him to sit up.

Yoongi came in with messy hair, sleepy eyes and sweatpants. In his hands was a glass of water.

“So you don’t go snooping later.” He said as he handed it over.

“Thanks.” Hoseok took a sip. He then set it down on the nightstand. “Hey I didn’t know Namjoon and Seokjin were gay?”

“They aren’t.”

“But, the whole kissing thing…” Could he have misunderstood? No way, they were definitely fighting like a petty teenage couple.

“They’re together, but they aren’t gay.” Yoongi explained. “They both had girlfriends, but they had to break it off with them. Monster hunting isn’t something you can just explain. It also takes up a lot of your time.”

“Oh…” Hoseok replied. “How did they hook up then?”

Yoongi shrugged. “They known each other for years, guess they got lonely or something.”

“So it was out of desperation?”

“Maybe more like convenience.” Yoongi corrected. “If they were desperate they could have kept a secret girlfriend or something.”

“Have you ever felt like that for anyone here?” Hoseok found himself asking. It wasn’t his business, but he couldn’t help feeling curious about what kind of person Yoongi was with relationships. Did he believe in convenience?

Yoongi shook his head.

“I find them a bit sad.”

“They’re fine. They actually suit each other.”

Hoseok thought back to the way they were fighting. Did they?

“Everyone fights.” Yoongi spoke up as if reading his mind.

Hoseok looked at him a little startled, before shrugging. “I guess.”

Yoongi looked at him for a moment and Hoseok wondered what he was thinking, he found he couldn’t read his mind like Yoongi could for him. The man then looked away and started walking to the door.

“Seokjin will come for you tomorrow.” He said before he closed the door, leaving Hoseok a little disappointed they were done so soon. He had liked their conversation.


 Seokjin woke him up in the morning and helped him out of the house. After a quick breakfast of a bagel and coffee they got into a white van and left.

Hoseok hadn’t been outside in so long. The sunlight burned his eyes slightly and the air felt cold against the thin sweater Seokjin had offered him.

They traveled through the streets of Seoul for a good 20 minutes before they stopped outside a small building.

“What is this place?” Hoseok asked as they got out of the car.

“BigHit entertainment.” Seokjin replied.

“What?”

“It’s a entertainment company.” Seokjin explained. “Bang works as a producer.”

“With a side job of monster hunting?”

“Monster hunting is our job. Producing would be his side job.” Seokjin corrected. “This building is a headquarters, disguised as an entertainment company.”

“Oh.” It made sense that the building wasn’t advertising monster hunting in big letters. The public would think they were crazy. He wondered why an entertainment company, surely that attracted people to try and audition?

They made it inside a clean white facility with a front desk and a young male receptionist greeted them with a nod.

Hoseok and Seokjin bowed back before approaching.

“We’re here to see Bang.”

“To your right in the conference room.” The receptionist motioned.

“Thank you.” Seokjin nodded and they headed to the right hallway passing closed doors until they came to red wide doors.

“This is the conference room.” Seokjin declared. He then took a seat by the set of chairs outside of the conference room.

“Aren’t you coming with me?” Hoseok asked.

Seokjin shook his head with a smile. He then pulled out his phone and started texting.

Hoseok turned back to the doors and gave a deep sigh. He didn’t know the others that well, he didn’t know Seokjin that well, he didn’t even know Mr. Bang that well...but he was sure they weren’t going to send him to his death.

Or were they? Hoseok recalled his conversation with Jimin.

“I'm surprised you're here. I didn't think Jin hyung would keep bringing people, considering what happened last time.”

“What happened last time?”

“Someone died.”

But...wouldn’t they have killed him already? Why even bother healing him and letting him sleep in their bed and eat their food?

“Go on.” Seokjin interrupted his thoughts. He motioned Hoseok with a wave of his hand.

Hoseok grit his teeth and pushed open the doors. If death was coming then at least he had had a good life so far.


 “You were meant to be a monster hunter.”

Hoseok blinked.

 Huh ?”

He had taken a seat beside Bang in the long conference table and had been there for roughly two minutes before Bang spoke.

“You will train alongside the others.”

“Sir…” Hoseok couldn’t believe it. Him? A monster hunter? It wasn’t possible he was…

“I’m scared and weak.” He blurted out.

Bang didn’t even change his stony expression. “You can train. You’re stronger than you think.”

“And my family?” Hoseok asked. “My life?”

His family was back in Gwangju but they constantly kept in touch and his parents would always buy him tickets to come down for the holidays. As of now it had been weeks since he had last spoken to them. No doubt they were probably growing worried. Maybe the police had even been called.

Hoseok paused to think of all the people that knew him. Were they calling the police and searching for him?

“You have to leave it behind.”

“But…”

The realization of what it meant to leave everything hit him.

No.

No way.

“It’s harder to say goodbye.” Bang went on. “They ask too many questions over your occupation and monsters could end up tracking them down and harming them. Trust me, if I could let you have both I would.”

“Then I want my life! I’m not going to throw it away for this!”

“Now that you’ve had interactions with them the monsters are going to appear everywhere. You’re not going to be safe anymore.”

“But…Seokjin said I could leave…”

So he had never had a choice in the first place? He was now meant to become a monster hunter by force? He found himself growing angry at Seokjin. He had lied! Saved him, not to be free, but to be something he didn’t want.

“You’re a dancer right?”

Hoseok turned back to the conversation and nodded.

“Is that what you really want?”

“It’s all I’ve known.”

Dancing was in his blood. Since a young age he had ate, slept, and breathed in dance studios. Always giving it his all.

“How about this?” Bang proposed, crossing his arms. “You stay for a week, get some training, follow the boys on a mission and then make your decision.”

“No offense sir, but why would I ever change my mind?”

“Because, Jung Hoseok, sometimes what we dream for isn’t always what we are meant to do.”

Hoseok shook his head in disbelief. Dancing was his passion, his family was his everything. He couldn’t throw it away for this. Even if he was in danger from monsters, he would leave this after the week was up. He would rather battle monsters on his own and be with his family and his dance crew than stay cooped up inside the house turning bitter like Yoongi.


 On the ride back Seokjin placed a hand on Hoseok’s thigh. Hoseok who had been looking out the window turned to the man.

Seokjin offered a comforting smile. “It will be like summer camp.”

“It’s fall.”

“Fall camp then.”

Hoseok sighed.


 Back in the house, Seokjin had called a meeting. They all settled into seats in the living room. Taehyung and Jimin on either side of Hoseok on the couch. When Seokjin explained what was happening, Taehyung pulled him into a side hug. He could feel Yoongi staring from across the couch and when he looked up he saw the man looking away.

“Yay! We’ll teach you everything we know hyung!” Taehyung said, gleefully.

Hyung? Hoseok smiled a little at that.

“Yeah hyung!” Jimin added.

“Thanks.” Hoseok replied.

“Do you want to play Mario Kart?”

“No thanks.” Hoseok’s smile faltered.

“Hyung what’s wrong?” Jimin asked.

Everything. Hoseok wanted to say. He didn’t want to dampen the younger ones’ excitement but he couldn’t find his. His dance crew, his family, even his belongings...they all were taken away. Bang had confiscated his phone and told him that he would be planning his death at the end of the week should he decide to stay. How would anything be right?

“I’ll let you be first player, hyung.” Taehyung placed a hand on Hoseok’s thigh.

“Leave him alone you brats.” Yoongi spoke up causing all three to look up. The man yanked Hoseok up and dragged him off the couch. Hoseok couldn’t even protest as he was pulled down the hall and into a room.

It was a bare room with a twin sized bed with grey sheets and a computer in the corner. The only sign of personality was the Kumamon plush toy on the nightstand and the stack of CDs in another corner, all disorganized as if someone had been searching through them.

Yoongi let him go and motioned to the bed. Hoseok went red.

What? What was going on?!

He turned to Yoongi who didn’t quite meet his eye.

“Just take a nap or cry or whatever.”

Oh…

Hoseok nodded and took a seat on the man’s bed. Yoongi left and closed the door behind him and Hoseok felt the tears finally fall.

He sobbed for what felt like hours. His eyes throbbed and grew swollen as he laid on the bed. He clutched a pillow, realizing he could smell Yoongi on it. It comforted him strangely.

Time passed and Hoseok failed to feel hungry or thirsty. He was just exhausted. He stopped crying and wiped the last of his tears as he stood up.

Yoongi entered as if on cue.

“Thanks.” Hoseok gave him a small smile.

Yoongi merely nodded and looked at the ground as if it was the most interesting thing.

Hoseok was grateful the man wasn’t looking at his face that was probably red and blotchy. He made his way out and headed to his own room quickly. He didn’t want to see anyone, not tonight.

He landed on his bed and curled up into a ball.

Sometimes what we dream for isn’t always what we are meant to do.

Was the reason he was crying so hard because he knew inside Bang was right?

No.

He was getting his life back, destiny or no destiny.

Just watch me.


 Seokjin woke him up the next day and began giving him a tour of the house.

“This is Jimin and Taehyung’s room.” Seokjin motioned to the room across from the room Hoseok was staying at. He was familiar with the room recalling meeting Jimin there for the first time. Jimin, who was in the room currently curled up in bed with a manga, waved at him and Hoseok waved back.

Seokjin then closed the door and walked on ahead.

They came to a second room and Seokjin opened it up.

“Jin hyung what the--”

“And here you can see a baby and a manchild, oh and Jungkook.”

Namjoon, who had been shirtless, slipped on a loose striped long sleeve with a glare.

“Do you mind?” He said icily.

Seokjin rolled his eyes and reached for the doorknob.

“It’s not like it's anything impressive.”

“Ouch.” Jungkook, who also happened to be in the room, winced and pulled the book he was reading up to his eyes.

Hoseok caught the hurt and anger in Namjoon’s eyes as Seokjin finally closed the door.

“Next up is the study.”

They walked across the hall and Hoseok noticed they passed a room.

“Hey what about this one?” Hoseok pointed.

“That's Yoongi's room. I didn't bother opening it since it's always locked.” Seokjin shrugged. “Guess he's the only one who believes in privacy.”

Hoseok smiled. “Well I've already seen it anyway.”

“Really?” Seokjin’s eyes showed the faintest interest but then he opened the door to the study.

“This is where we usually read or do any paperwork required for our missions. Missions for monster hunting that is.”

There were tall bookshelves that took up a whole wall on the left and right of the room and a large round table in the middle. Hoseok also noticed the sleeping bag behind the table with a pillow.

“Have you been sleeping in the study?”

“Only recently.” Seokjin smiled.

“You should move back, I’ll sleep here.”

Seokjin shook his head. “I won't allow it. Your body needs a bed.”

Hoseok opened his mouth to protest, but nodded instead when he met Seokjin’s serious gaze. “Thank you.”

“Don't mention it.” Seokjin ruffled his hair. “Now let's go have breakfast, I'm famished.”


 The others slowly one by one joined them for breakfast. All except Namjoon and Jungkook. “They said they were going on a mission and would grab breakfast on the way.” Jimin told Seokjin. The man scoffed and muttered a whatever.

Breakfast was then awkwardly silent until Seokjin spoke up.  

“Hoseok will be with us for a while, so who wants to show him the ropes?”

Taehyung and Jimin raised their hands excitedly. Yoongi continued eating nonchalantly as if Seokjin hadn't spoken.

“Alright you two, start with the basics okay?”

The boys nodded, before turning to Hoseok with innocent smiles.

Hoseok smiled back, hoping they'd listen to Seokjin.

They took him to the backyard of the house and Hoseok’s eyes ached at the sight of the bright sunshine.

He felt a fresh breeze run through his hair and he felt a little better. But it was gone as soon as the breeze was. He wasn't one to stay so pessimistic, but knowing he was being forced into becoming something he didn't want to be was taking a toll on him.

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, feeling the warm sun rays, listening to the sound of birds chirping and cars driving. Hoseok then opened his eyes and caught Taehyung’s eyes. The boy seemed surprised. Hoseok looked around wondering what had the boy so stunned.

“Okay we should start with some stretches.” Jimin clapped his hands, pulling Taehyung out of his trance.

“Yeah and some push ups and sit ups to get us pumped!” Taehyung added with a smile.

Jimin nodded and began leading them into the stretches. Hoseok’s body groaned as it was pulled this way and that. He hadn't done this much movement since the dancing. He struggled slightly through the sit ups, his side aching, but he ignored it and pushed on.

Finally they stood up and rested.

“So we should probably start with small monsters.” Taehyung said as he scratched at his ear.

“Baby spiders?” Jimin suggested.

Hoseok grimaced.

“Too soon?”

He shook his head. “No it's fine.”

“Okay.” Taehyung smiled. He then crouched on the grass. “I'll be the baby spider.”

Jimin laughed as Taehyung ran around, crouched.

“Hyung dodge him!” He called as Taehyung ran straight for him.

Hoseok moved to the side, but Taehyung followed him. He moved again but the younger man was relentless. Hoseok was now running around dodging the boy's outstretched hands. Taehyung hissed here and there, making Jimin burst into laughter.

Hoseok was growing tired and his side was throbbing. He supposed it was fine, he was just getting used to moving again.

He moved backwards as Taehyung came at him again. He felt his foot misstep and he fell back into the grass.

Taehyung and Jimin laughed. Hoseok sighed. His elbows were hurting and coated with dirt.

“Come on hyung.” Taehyung called cheerfully.

“He's had enough.” A voice rang.

Hoseok turned to see Yoongi stalking over. He glared at Taehyung and Jimin before casting his eyes on Hoseok. The man struggled to get up and flinched as Yoongi grabbed his arm and heaved him upward.

“Thanks.”

“Tell them to ease up. You got the fang removed less than a week ago.”

“I’ll be fine.”

Yoongi said nothing but his expression betrayed the worry he had. Hoseok found himself looking away and walking back to Taehyung and Jimin. Since when did Yoongi care about him? It's not like the man had even volunteered to help him.

“I guess we should do something else.” Jimin said as Hoseok approached.

“Yeah we don't want you hurt hyung.”

Hoseok shook his head. “Don't baby me. I need to get good. Let’s keep at it.”

“Really?” Jimin’s eyebrows furrowed.

“Yup.”

“Wow hyung you got determination.” Taehyung looked impressed.

Hoseok smiled. “Of course. Now come on, give me your best.”


 They had finished off with more sit ups and push ups and Hoseok dragged himself in while the two trainers ran off to a mission.

“We're gonna kick , now that we're pumped up.” Taehyung flexed.

Pumped up? Hoseok thought as he limped to the bathroom. There was no way that was just a warmup.

He the sink and splashed his face with cold water. As he wiped with his shirt he caught red.

He looked at the white t-shirt and saw a red stain in the side.

What?

He lifted the shirt and saw blood along with some pus oozing out of his wound. He touched the blood then examined it.

It was something about the smell, which was faintly of iron or maybe it was the color, dark red like a ruby that made him pass out. He wasn’t quite sure.

Either way he hit the floor with a dull thud. His head safely connecting with the plush blue bathroom rug right next to the duck themed toilet brush.


 Hoseok’s eyes fluttered open as he felt familiar cool hands on his sides.

A blurry Yoongi was leaned over him with the perpetual frown he wore so well.

His eyes focused and the man came into clear view.

“I told you to take it easy.”

Hoseok, embarrassed said nothing. He sat up and Yoongi helped him sit on the toilet lid.

The man ran a towel under water and cleaned at Hoseok’s wound.

The bleeding had stopped thankfully. Yoongi pulled out bandages from the cabinet behind the mirror and placed one hand on Hoseok’s waist while the other tried to rebandage the wound.

“Seokjin should be doing this…” Yoongi paused, pulling his hands away.

“You can do it.” Hoseok reassured him. “I trust you.”

Yoongi seemed to smirk at that.

“You shouldn't.” He muttered. His hands were back on Hoseok and the man found himself shivering. Yoongi's fingers brushed his torso as he finished up and before Hoseok could even formulate what he was feeling, it was over.

He put his shirt down and got up. Yoongi helped him to his bedroom. The hand on his back very prominent in his thoughts. He then settled back onto the bed.

“Uh thanks.”

Yoongi stared at him for a moment, before nodding. He then left without another word.

Taehyung and Jimin barged in a couple hours afterwards. Yoongi had obviously scolded them because they came with their faces distraught.

“I’m sorry hyung!”

“Me too!”

“It’s okay.” Hoseok smiled at their sincerity. “I just overestimated myself.”

“We’ll try again tomorrow and we’ll take it real slow, right Tae?” Jimin nudged the boy.

Taehyung nodded.

“Thanks.” Hoseok replied then jumped at the sound of the door swinging open.

“Hey! What’s this I hear?” Seokjin entered with a deep frown. His gaze of disapproval traveled from Hoseok to Jimin then landed on Taehyung. “Why were you all pushing him?”

“Sorry hyung.” Taehyung and Jimin bowed their heads.

“It’s okay, really!” Hoseok interjected. “I did it. I pushed myself.”

Seokjin turned to him with a glare. Hoseok ducked his head. While he hadn’t known Seokjin for very long to be treating him like an older brother, he could feel the authority in his presence and voice.

He wondered what Seokjin looked like when he was really angry. It was sure to be intimidating.

“Sorry.” He managed.

Seokjin just nodded and walked out, the younger ones throwing him smiles and waves as they followed.


 Yoongi returned in the evening with dinner.

“Oh, I was going to…”

“You know when you woke up for the first time, you had been in a coma for a week.” Yoongi spoke as he set the tray of food on Hoseok’s lap.

“Really?”

“The venom was already beginning to kill you, but luckily Seokjin had antivenom stored in the study.”

“Wow, I really didn’t…” Hoseok imagined if Seokjin had never rescued him, he would have died in that alleyway. How long would it have taken for someone to find him? Maybe they wouldn’t have found him at all, maybe the spider would call its other spider friends and they would have all eaten him.

He shuddered, picturing nothing left in that alley but his right shoe.

“Your body should go slow.” Yoongi continued.

Hoseok didn’t reply merely nodded and began eating rice when Yoongi walked over to the chair in the corner of the room brought it over to Hoseok’s bedside. He then took a rice bowl from the tray and began eating himself.

Oh.

Hoseok hadn’t expected Yoongi to actually sit and eat with him. In fact, Yoongi had been acting weird all day. Could he actually be worried over him?

No way, maybe Seokjin had forced him to keep Hoseok company.

This couldn’t possibly be coming out of Yoongi’s own free will.

“So you’re a dancer?” Yoongi spoke up as they finished up and he set the tray on the nightstand. Hoseok liked that Yoongi had kept it present tense. Yes he was a dancer and he was going to continue being one after this week was up.

Like it or not, Mr. Bang.

“Yeah.”

“Underground?”

“Yeah.”

“I was underground too.”

“As a rapper?”

“Yeah.” Yoongi replied.

“What was your name?”

“Suga.”

Hoseok wracked his brain for the name. It seemed familiar. Maybe he had seen Yoongi perform before? “I think I heard of you...Did you perform in that club by the subway?”

“Gloss?”

Hoseok nodded, excited. Gloss! He had only performed there a couple of times but he was sure that’s where he had heard him.

“Yeah.” Yoongi smiled.

“I performed there too.” Hoseok smiled back. “As Jhope.”

“Jhope…”

“Can’t believe we might have met before.”

“Yeah.” Yoongi gave a wistful smile and seemed to look away as if getting lost in memories.

“Why’d you give it up?” Hoseok found himself asking before he could stop himself. It really wasn’t his place to ask. He barely knew Yoongi and yet…

Yoongi gave a shrug.

Hoseok should have left it alone, but the curiosity to know was too much.
“Honestly Yoongi, why?”

“Bang needed me.”

“But what about your music?” Hoseok pressed. “Don’t you need that?”

“I still have it.” Yoongi’s nonchalant answer bothered Hoseok.

“It’s not the same though. When’s the last time you performed?”

“Stop it.” Yoongi seemed to catch on and stood up.

“I just don’t understand.”

“I made a choice, Hoseok.” Yoongi growled. His fists were now clenched by his sides. “Either my music or my destiny.”

“Destiny? What do you mean?”

Had Bang given Yoongi the same ultimatum as Hoseok? How had the man come to his decision to stay?

“You ask too many questions…” Yoongi tried to escape, he made it a couple of steps before Hoseok reached out and yanked his arm.

“Yoongi, wait!”

Yoongi whirled on him, his eyes narrowed with anger. “ Let go. 

I will.” Hoseok retorted returning the same intense gaze. “As long as you answer me!”

Yoongi’s face turned desperate and he attempted to shake the man off. “Let go!”

 Yoongi.. .”

The man’s tough exterior finally cracked and Hoseok saw for the first time a young man painfully holding back tears. Yoongi looked away quickly as a few tears started to fall and Hoseok let go.

“I--I’m sorry.”

“It was hard alright?!” Yoongi’s voice broke into a sob. “I have to constantly tell myself that I’m doing the right thing, but I miss it. The lights, the stage, the crowd, the cheering-- the ing booing . Every verse I spit, every diss that was thrown…”

Hoseok reached for him and pulled him to the bed and into a hug. He’d never thought he would see Yoongi like this.

He thought the man was cold, heartless almost, it was surreal to see him curl into Hoseok’s side. As Hoseok felt the man bury his face into his shoulder, the tears staining his shirt and wetting his neck, he had never felt worse.

Some part of him had wanted to see Yoongi weak and vulnerable just so he could get a taste of his own medicine, but seeing it actually happen made his stomach queasy.

He tightened his grip and pet Yoongi’s back, trying to soothe him. Yoongi finally stopped and looked up at him.

Hoseok felt his heart beat a little faster as he looked down at Yoongi. With his splotchy pink face and swollen eyes, he looked so... cute .

Cute?!

His sweater sleeves were too long for him and he had his hands curled into them making sweater paws that he used to wipe at his runny nose. Because of that runny nose he breathed through his mouth and it was...cute.

Since when had Yoongi’s mouth been so small and pink and.. .cute.

His eyes lingered on Yoongi’s mouth for too long because when he looked back into Yoongi’s eyes, the man knew he had been staring.

Hoseok tried to open his mouth to defend himself, but before he could Yoongi leaned up and pressed his lips onto Hoseok’s.

And it was electrifying.

The sensation of Yoongi’s soft lips on Hoseok’s sent shivers throughout his entire body. His heart was threatening to leap out of his chest.

Hoseok’s mind raced with millions of questions. How had this happened? Why was Min Yoongi kissing him?

The same Min Yoongi who had been mocking him since the day they’d first met. This person who he thought hated him was now slightly as he opened his mouth. Hoseok followed suit and the kiss deepened. Yoongi’s hands reached for Hoseok’s nape and pulled him closer still. The man’s mind was reeling. What was going on?

Yoongi finally pulled away and Hoseok breathed deeply. He looked at Yoongi for some form of answer, but the man wasn’t meeting his eye as he put on his hood and ran out of the room.

Hoseok wanted to call him back, but he was left dumbfounded. Shaky hands found their way to his lips and he caught his breath.

What had just happened?