Seungwan, the Soul-Searcher

People Change, but My Love Is the Same
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was raining yet again. Irene in her long red coat entered the small shop, which in contrast to the gloomy rainy vibe outside, had bright pastel walls decorated with numerous white wall decorations and rose-colored tables.

“Welcome, oh my- are you, perhaps-”

Irene nodded with a small forced smile and felt anxious even though there was not another person in the room. With the shop owner advising her to ask any questions if needed, Irene excused herself to look for small gifts for her future girl group members. As she looked at the prices, she realized why she was the only one who dared to step an inch into the shop, “Looks can be deceiving… this minimalist shop is hella expensive…” She muttered to herself and placed the pricey cardigan back on the shelf. She gave the owner a gentle smile before she headed for the door, “Have a nice day,”

“Y-You too! Come again!”

Irene opened her navy blue umbrella with white polka dots and strolled through the same street covered in stone-paved streets. The shops bordering these streets were endless, but the idol trying to hide in the umbrella still could not think of what to buy the girls for their first meeting. Until suddenly, an idea popped in her mind after having glanced at a cake shop.

-

“Hello, sunbae-nim! Happiness~ We are Red Velvet!”

The three girls stood in a line, with the tallest - Irene recalls her manager naming the tallest as Joy - standing in the leftmost spot, and the shortest - Yeri, at the other end. The hand gesture which seemed to resemble a smile, symbolizing ‘Happiness’, the future debut song of Red velvet, appeared cringe-worthy to Irene, but in spite of that, she could not resist returning a motherly smile.

“Are you all planning to call me, ‘sunbaenim’ even after I’m part of the group?” She sarcastically chuckled. Surprisingly, the three girls could not take a joke and after throwing flustered glances at each other, they simultaneously shook their heads with widened eyes, “N-No! Of course not, Irene unnie.” Joy grinned.

Seulgi nodded in agreement like a puppy, “Let us introduce you to our dorm,” She hastily spoke, realizing that Irene was still at the doorstep with a mid-sized box in her hands.

Irene smirked as she entered the messy dorm and placed the box on the kitchen counter, “You’ll never guess what I bought you guys.” She spoke casually, finding the entire situation entertaining. Perhaps her manager was right for once, maybe she would enjoy being part of a team rather than singing by herself. As expected, it’s more fulfilling when you follow your dreams with people to support you.

Her entire reality went into slow motion and she lost herself in thought as the bittersweet words pierced her heart, ‘It would’ve been nice if we had agreed what had been promised years ago, right Seungwan?’ She thought bitterly to herself.

“Right, unnie?”

Irene’s eyes widened the most that the three girls had ever witnessed up until now, causing them to burst into laughter.

“What did you say?” Irene asked in oblivion.

Joy shook her head with a knowing smile, “Nothing. It’s better that you don’t know.” She giggled with Yeri, and Seulgi just smiled softly at Irene who shot her a death glare that did not faze her one bit. Seulgi cleared , “Let’s open this box!”

As the three girls anticipated what was inside, Irene just looked on and anticipated their reactions instead. Upon seeing the red velvet cake, the three

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter