Chapter One

BO-GUS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Expect the Unexpected, Baby

 

Yeonha

 

Typical Friday lunch. I'm at the library, shoving my big mouth with the pasta my mom made for me. Man, my mom seriously needs to open her own restaurant. Her cooking is the reason why I live: ing 5 stars. I moan in satisfaction. Food s are one of the best things I can do and I swear to life that one day, I will give up everything I have just to become a mukbang. My mom always scolded me for thinking such things, but my dad just laughed, saying something along the lines of: "You're so stupid, I don't even know why you're my daughter."

 

I snort. Thinking about my family always lead to silly memories that would make me want to chortle and roll my eyes.

 

It only takes a few minutes before I finish the entire plate of pasta. I remember how badly I was starving back in class. Sure, I ate breakfast, but I woke up late and almost missed the bus so I only ate one scoop of rice before my mom started kicking my  telling me to ride the bus or else she would kick my all the way to school. I snicker. Typical mom.

 

And now that I think of my family, I can't forget about Taehyung, Kim Taehyung—aka my imaginary boyfriend.

 

I pull my little pink sketch book along with some pencils out of my bag and start drawing small figures of Taehyung.

 

Taehyung is total boyfriend material: His face is a piece of art, his body is a piece of gold, his personality is a piece of heaven—he qualifies all the criterions it takes to be the perfect boyfriend. He isn't your typical kingka with girls dangling all over him. He is different. He doesn't around with the whole population of girls at school. Instead, he kindly rejects confessions. He doesn't fail his grades. Instead he tries his best academically. He doesn't stuff his face around drugs. Instead he eats healthy cooked vegetables each day for lunch. I sigh. He is such a dream boy. If only he could be my boyfriend…

 

I mean, well, technically he is my boyfriend—imaginary boyfriend.

 

I groan.

 

Whatever, same thing.

 

Before I realize it, I have already drawn multiple hearts around the small cartoon figures I drew of Taehyung. Even by looking at his drawings, my heart is beating fast as if it's running a marathon. I sigh dreamily. Why is he so perfect? He's too perfect that it kind of hurts me. The fact that he will never be my boyfriend...

 

What are you talking about? He is your boyfriend!

 

—imaginary boyfriend.

 

Of course.

 

Shut up inner voice.


~

 

I love last periods because Taehyung's in it. I can feel my mouth stretching into a grin as I stare at Taehyung. He's standing up from his seat ready to solve a math equation written on the board. The way his uniform shirt stretches... Man, even his shoulders are broad as hell.

 

Oh my... Leaning my elbows on the desk, I rest my chin on my palms. Seven full years of crushing and I'm still head over heels over the one and only Kim Taehyung. I still remember the first day we met, the day I fell in love with him right away.

 

We were in the starting years of Middle School. I was walking through the crowded hallways of the school building when suddenly, I slipped on my untied shoelaces and fell face first on the ground. Everyone around me laughed. They were all pointing their fingers at me, snickering over my clumsiness.

 

And of course, being the stupid kid I was, I started to cry. My face hurted like , but worse than that, my stomach was rumbling in hunger. So I was crying over multiple reasons: 1) I was hungry 2) My face hurted 3) My knee ached 4) I was embarrassed 5) My precious orange juice just spilled everywhere, even on my face.

 

So yeah, technically, that was supposed to be my worst day at school. Key word being supposed. That was until my hero appeared right in front of me. I slowly looked up under all my tears and met eyes with a heavenly cute boy. He was smiling at me with his plump lips shaped into a cute rectangle. His teeth were shining so bright (I still wish my future is that bright). I just stared at him in awe, wondering if I died and I was actually in heaven.

 

"Are you okay?" he asked.

 

And poof—that was when I realized, I ed up.

 

I'm in love.

 

"Yeonha! Kim Yeonha!"

 

I snap out of my dreams and look around the classroom. Did someone just call me?

 

"Yeonha!"

 

I avert my gaze towards the teache

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter