Missing (Yoonseok)

Happy

Yoongi looked at the picture he'd just taken. It was of the white and purple flowers displayed in the center of the round table with nine chairs around it. Flowers were his new obsession. Maybe the couple would notice as they looked through their wedding photos.

Hopefully they wouldn't be upset because Yoongi made sure to take plenty of nice photos of them (mainly the bride) and the guests occasionally, too.

Yoongi always questioned why he became a wedding photographer. It wasn't really on purpose. He just loved photography and was asked by a friend to do his wedding. And that friend's wife recommended him for her friend's wedding. And then it just took off from there.

Even if he loved taking pictures, he didn't exactly enjoy watching all those couples flaunt their happiness in his face. It just reinforced the belief that even though he was comfortable and not unhappy, there was something missing from Yoongi's life.

Probably what he always felt envious of his clients for. A special person.

Yoongi didn't exactly go out looking for someone, being busy enough with work and not thinking he needed it enough. But someone had caught his eye a few weeks ago, and Yoongi couldn't stop thinking about him.

He didn't even know his name.

It was the guy who worked at the floral shop down the street from Yoongi's office. He'd never checked it out, until he needed a gift for his mother on Mother's Day and couldn't think of anything she needed and didn't already have. When he went in, the flowers displayed around the shop didn't seem too special, but there was something else that told him he'd be coming back. Currently working with another customer, there was a man with orange hair that stole Yoongi's attention. He smiled, and the room seemed to get brighter. Yoongi shyly bought what he wanted and reluctantly left, the man's cheerful voice lingering in his mind.

Hence, Yoongi's obsession with flowers.

Every time there was even a little bud beside the side walk or a single white rose settled on the table of a restaurant, the man and his sharp features yet soft personality popped into Yoongi's mind. Sometimes, he would take walks while at his office, just to pass by. The same guy always seemed to be there, sometimes accompanied by other workers and sometimes alone. He never seemed to not be smiling or laughing, and Yoongi found himself smiling along as he stalker-ish-ly stared at him from outside, trying to hide behind a conveniently place pillar. He probably looked like a creep to everyone that saw.

Yoongi found himself making up people and getting flowers for their birthday (which he would later have to place in random spots in his house for lack of friends with birthdays on the right days). The guy never seemed to remember Yoongi though, always smiling and acting like he'd never seen him before, when in fact, Yoongi had been coming at least once every month. Was this guy oblivious or what? But Yoongi decided it was probably better, since he had no chance with the friendly ball of sunshine and wouldn't want to be banned from the store by unnecessary buying of flowers.

Yoongi's hair was brown at the moment, having taken a break from constantly dyeing it. But he decided he wanted a more colorful look, and so, dared to by his friend Namjoon, Yoongi got a mint color. He realized too late this would make him stand out to the flower shop worker. He only realized when Yoongi's crush looked at him with big eyes after the second time he'd visited in a single month.

"Hey, weren't you here a week ago?"

Yeah, that's why my house is filled with bugs and pollen and my wallet is getting emptier and emptier. Yoongi coughed nervously. "Yes?"

The man smiled (because he was never not smiling). "You have a lot of friends with close birthdays?"

Yoongi looked at him with wide eyes. "Yes." He coughed. "Yes, that's what it is."

The flower guy tilted his head, looking at Yoongi with a focused expression. "I'm sure I've seen you before, though."

Probably because I've been coming here for four months. "No..?" Yoongi said instead.

The man shook his head. "No, I'm pretty sure. What's your name?"

Yoongi bit his lip trying to calm his rapidly beating heart. "Min Yoongi."

The guy half-smiled. "Oh, I don't know a Yoongi. I guess I was wrong."

Yoongi nodded, not sure of what else to do. "So... you know my name. What's yours? I mean, since I'll be buying flowers from you kind of often. Lot's of... friends."

He smiled (yet again). "Hoseok. Jung Hoseok."

"That's..." beautiful "...a name." You idiot.

Hoseok laughed. "Yeah, it is."

Yoongi smiled nervously.

He went home with two bunches of flowers, which he placed in his room. He didn't even know what all of them were called, but it didn't matter because there was only one name that mattered. Hoseok.

The next few times Yoongi went to the flower store (more spread out now that Hoseok would be able to recognize him), he used more creative excuses. He and Hoseok would usually spend almost too much time talking to each other, which sustained Yoongi until the next time they'd meet. Once, Yoongi was walking by during one of his breaks. Honesty, he was trying to get Hoseok to notice him. Too bad Hoseok was the most non-observant person in the world because Yoongi had to walk back and forth three times before Hoseok saw his green head of hair.

"Yoongi!" he called out, running to the door of the shop.

Yoongi feigned surprise. "Hoseok! Hey!"

Hoseok smiled. "What are you doing?"

Yoongi stared at him, lost in his eyes for a second before he realized a question had been asked. "Hm? Oh, I was taking a walk. My work is actually quite close to here."

Hoseok nodded. "Oh, that's cool. What do you do?"

"I'm a wedding photographer," he said.

Hoseok laughed for some reason. "Wow, you're a wedding photographer, and I'm a florist. We just need a caterer and a planner, and we'd be set."

Yoongi laughed even though he didn't find it too funny. It was good enough reason just to see Hoseok's smile.

The next time he came, Yoongi had forgotten to come up with a reason as to why he needed flowers, and came up with, "My cousin's daughter got a dog... and we're throwing a party," on the spot. Hoseok finally seemed to fit the pieces together.

"Yoongi... have you been making up excuses to buy flowers? Didn't you say your brother was celebrating his birthday twice?"

Yoongi froze. "Can't I have two brothers?"

Hoseok gave a small smile. "You don't seem too sure of that."

Yoongi sighed in defeat. "Took you long enough to notice," he muttered.

"What?" asked Hoseok.

Yoongi gathered all his courage. "I've been buying flowers from you for a year now. You only noticed me when I dyed my hair, but I actually came long before that."

Hoseok frowned. "But why do you need so many flowers?"

Yoongi internally groaned. "I wasn't coming here for the flowers."

Hoseok's frown deepened. "Then what?"

Yoongi resisted the urge to roll his eyes at the guy making him spell everything out. "I was coming to see you," he said softly. Hoseok's eyes opened wider, and his mouth formed an "o". "You get it?" Hoseok nodded, obviously trying to hide a smile.

"You know, Yoongi, you could've sped things up a bit and asked me on a date. A year of flowers wasn't necessary."

Yoongi looked at him. "Do you wanna go out with me for food or something one day, Hoseok?"

"Food or something? That's a date?"

"Yes. Take it or leave it."

Hoseok smiled, warming up Yoongi's whole body even though it was winter and the store was cold. "Sure, why not?"