Lonely (Namjin)

Happy

Seokjin opened his eyes. It was early, as usual. He forced himself out of bed and walked over to the mirror. He had always thought that he was quite beautiful. Beautiful, smart, rich. What else could he ask for?

A lot of things.

Friends, for one. All the new ones were fake. And all the old ones had left out of jealousy. No matter how many people surrounded him, he always felt lonely.

Because you don't feel lonely because you're alone. You feel lonely when you have no one.

And that's what Seokjin had.

No one.

Another thing he longed for was meaning. Motivation, purpose, whatever you call it. He didn't have that either.

His life was a boring routine filled to the brim with superficial people and selfish incentives.

And as he drew his eyes over his perfect lips, smooth skin, and captivating irises, he wished for something different.

"What I would give to have a different face, if it meant I could have a fuller life," he whispered to himself.

Taking a deep breath, he willed himself to change into a stylish suit and head downstairs to where he would be escorted to the expensive car that would take him to work. Lines of people were waiting and they all bowed as he exited the car. Just like in the dramas, he always thought to himself, offering a small smile. He entered through the glass doors, being sure to thank the people that held them open for him. He knew they hated him anyway.

After becoming so successful, Seokjin didn't need to do much at work. Occasionally, he would attend meetings, but he found the people attending them quite exhausting and tried to avoid taking part in them. Some days, he could get away with not doing anything the whole time.

This was not one of those days.

Seokjin's secratary alerted him about a meeting he was to attend in the afternoon.

When the time came, he walked out of his office, down several hallways until he reached the appropriate room. He sat down in the biggest seat, followed by the other attendees. There was a man, tall and skinny and quite attractive, that was standing at the opposite end of the table, beside a big screen. Seokjin realized this would be more like a presentation rather than a meeting. He also realized he had no idea what it was going to be about.

When the man started speaking, Seokjin was captivated by his voice. He did catch some parts of his speech, about different ways the company could improve on its customer service and become more efficient and successful in different aspects, but most of the details escaped him. He sounded so intelligent and y and not boring. He also didn't seem to be self righteous or shallow like everyone else, and from this Seokjin could tell that he earned his way to where he was instead of being placed there because of his last name.

When someone had a snarky comment or question set out to bring him down, the speaker replied calmly and brilliantly, not faltering or weakening any of his arguements. Seokjin found himself smiling every time he put someone in their place.

After the presentation was over, Seokjin wracked his brain for ways to start a conversation with the presenter, which resulted in him lingering after everyone but the two of them had left. Seokjin glanced at the other, who was focusing on packing away his things, and sighed, not having come up with anything. He turned to leave, but just before he was able to, his sleeve was tugged. Seokjin turned and jumped, startled by how close the other was to him.

"Oh, I'm sorry," he said. Seokjin shook his head and blushed. The man smirked. "Are you aware of how obvious you are when you stare?" Seokjin's cheeks flared up again.

"Wha- what?" he sputtered.

The man smiled again, showcasing dimples Seokjin hadn't noticed before. He couldn't help but like them. "Am I that attractive?"

Seokjin was losing his shyness and becoming annoyed. "No, you cocky bastard. I was just appreciating the fact that I look like me instead of you."

This drew out a laugh from the other. Seokjin reveled in how natural the sound seemed. "I'm happy you look the way you do, too. You're undeniably attractive, you know."

Seokjin scoffed, rolling his eyes. "Obviously." But on the inside, he was beaming.

"I'm Kim Namjoon," said the blonde, holding out his hand.

Seokjin reluctantly took it. "I'm Kim Seokjin," he replied.

"I know," Namjoon said. "It's quite an honor to have the CEO of this company gawk at me as I present."

Seokjin's face burned again, and he lightly hit Namjoon's arm. "Stop."

Namjoon smiled, seeing straight through Seokjin.

They stood in silence for a while, Seokjin not being able to come up with anything to talk about, but not wanting to leave Namjoon and return to his boring life, either. After a minute or so of waiting, Namjoon spoke up.

"Forgive me if I'm being too forward, but... do you want to go out for dinner with me one day?"

Seokjin gasped quietly. Yes. Yes, he did want to do that.

"Well?" prodded Namjoon.

Seokjin glared at him. "I guess I could grace you with my presence for a meal. Are you sure you aren't doing it for my money or something?"

Namjoon smiled, slyly taking one of Seokjin's hands and causing him to blush yet again. "I am, because I'll pay. And because I wouldn't be so rude if I wasn't planning on getting closer to you. And because," he kissed Seokjin's hand, "I'm asking you out for your looks, not your wealth."

Seokjin pulled his hand away and hit Namjoon again, this time on his chest.

Namjoon smiled. "I'm just kidding. About the last one, not the first two. I do plan on becoming closer to you. Not just so I can take advantage of you or whatever you've come up with. What do you say? Do you trust me?"

"What are you, Aladdin?" Namjoon looked at him, confused, and Seokjin realized he probably hadn't watched very many Disney movies. At first, he felt embarrassed. But then, he realized that Namjoon should get used to Disney if he was planning on 'becoming closer' or whatever. "I thought I already said I'd go with you," he said.

Namjoon grinned. "You're right, you did."

And as he left the room, looking forward to the night he would spend with Namjoon later in the week, Seokjin felt a spark of hope.

Maybe he could stop feeling so lonely, even if it was just for a little bit.