Chapter 1

I Will Go To You Like The First Snow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her legs were burning, screaming at her to stop. She's sure her feet are bleeding because of running barefoot on the concrete road. She didn't get the chance to take.

She'll deal with bloody legs later. First she needed to live!

She looked behind to see if he was following her. He wasn't, but she can't stop. He'll catch her then. And if he does end up catching her, she's dead.

She was so focused to see if he was behind her that she didn't noticed the person in front.

The girl collided with the person and fell on the road. The person she collided on didn't seem fazed. He stood in the same spot like a statue.

The girl was relieved when she realised the man was not her boyfriend. Just a stranger. She crawled towards him, grabbing the ends of his dress pants.

"Help me. Please!"

For the first time, she properly noticed the man.

Tall, broad shoulders and a chiselled jaw. The man was wearing a black suit, all prim and proper with a fedora hat hiding his eyes.

The man kneeled down, getting down to her level. He took out a card and started reading from it.

"Lee Jisoo, Age 23. Born on May 14, 1991. Died at 7:30 PM December 30, 2014. Cause of death suffocation."

The man looked up, revealing dark eyes. "It's you, right?"

--

 

"I'm dead?" The girl asked, staring blankly at the cup of tea in front of her.

 

The man from before sat in front of her, now dressed in casual white t-shirt and jeans. He'd been siting there without moving for a long time now, giving the girl time to process.

 

"Yes."

 

"He killed me. I always said I would one day die at his hands but I never believed it. I had faith that deep inside he still cared. How pathetic of me!"

 

The man said nothing. The story of this girl would be tragic to anyone else, it'd bring tears to their eyes but he'd seen far too many deaths. More tragic, more horrific.

 

It made him uncaring.

 

"Drink it. It'll remove your memories from your life."

 

The girl just stared at the cup, not showing any sign to touch it. "What happens if I don't drink it?"

 

"You'll regret not drinking it. I hope you don't regret anything after you die."

 

The girl nodded, slowly bringing the cup to her lips.

 

"What will happen to him?"

 

"He'll come here soon. But he won't go where you'll be going."

 

The girl drank the tea with a smile.

 

--

 

Jungkook carefully cleaned the cup, making sure to get every spot. Then he dried it carefully. When he was done he put the cup into an empty spot in the shelf stretching beyond eyes.

 

Another soul reaped.

---------------

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter