Every single moment counts.

Smitten.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  
-8-

 
  
  
  
  


"What's with the frown?" Jessica asked as she give her dad a hug from behind 
  
"Business matters" 
  
"Dad, you shouldn't stress yourself too much. You're not getting any younger, stress isn't healthy for you" 
  
"But if I let our company go berserk, I bet your mom is glaring at up me there" He pinched Jessica's cheek "It's okay, princess. Stress is usual for me now. And besides, I can't lose the company. It's your mom and I's hard work" 
  
"Be sure to take enough rest" 
  
"Yes" Smiled him "How about you? How are you? Everything in one piece?" 
  
"Yep!" Beamed her "University is very fun, dad! Though, I could use a little of your help" 
  
"Just say it. What is it?" 
  
"Can you tell uncle not to be so stern? He's so old-school and ugh while coaching" She answered and soon heard a cough from the other side of the table 
  
"I can hear you, you know. I am not a statue here" 
  
"Ohh!" She scratched her nape "I didn't notice you there" 
  
"And I am not stern. In fact, I am the coolest" 
  
"Whatever" Jessica rolled her eyes 
  
  
  
-- 
  
Jessica accompanied Tiffany to her part time job after classes. She occupied a vacant slot and slumped her head on the table 
  
"Jessi, is there anything you want to eat, drink, or anything?" She asked after serving the last order she has to serve "You've been acting like this for the whole day. Is there something wrong?" 
  
"..." 
  
"Hey ..." 
  
She sighed "Nothing. Can you get Ms. Seo for me? I needed to ask her something" 
  
"Would that make you feel any better?" 
  
"Sort of" 
  
"Okay" Agreed Tiffany and called the manager. The manager asked her to prepare a caramel macchiato before approaching Jessica.  
  
"Good afternoon Ms. Seo" She smiled 
  
"Good afternoon to you too, Ma'am Jess--" 
  
"I told you to call me Jessica only" She cut the elder in a nice way  
  
"I'm sorry" 
  
"It's okay. And, thanks for this"  
  
"I know it's your favorite" Smiled the elder "You called for me? You have another request to do?" 
  
"Oh, no. I just want to ask something work related" She sighed "Dad has been stressing himself the few days because of work, and it's worrying me to the core. Is there something odd happening with our business?" 
  
"There isn't such ..." 
  
"Are you sure? Like, everything's same?" 
  
"Yep." 
  
"Alright, thanks Ms. Seo" 
  
"Then what is the problem ..." Jessica set aside the coffee and slumped her head on the table once again. 
  
  
-- 
  
"Let's go" Yoona said as she closes her laptop and all the books they were working on. Today's the finalization of their report, and the two have decided to do it at the usual place - xxx library. 
  
"Where to?" asked Jessica with a confused look 
  
"Today's supposed to be the last day for us to do this, but I do not have the mood. Let's re-schedule it to tomorrow. Same place, same time" 
  
Over this project, Jessica have become closer to Yoona - and vice versa. 
  
"Okay" Agreed her, and neatly taking away her stuffs 
  
"Ready to go?" 
  
"Yep" She hoisted her bag and is waiting at the bus stop when Yoona is telling her to ride the bus that isn't her bus yet "That's not my bus" 
  
"I know" She answered, already managed to tug Jessica inside "Two please" she paid for the fare and sat at the vacant slot "How could we finish this project when you look so sullen? Come on, cheer up. We're so ahead of the due date, so, we can have fun for today. Hope it'd lift up your mood" 
  
"What bummer ... I'm so sorry for slowing you down. It's okay, you don't need to cheer me up" 
  
"You don't want to be with me?" Yoona pouted and Jessica just couldn't resist that one 
  
  
"I just remembered ..." Jessica furrows her brows while eating a hot dog Yoona bought for her. They rode the roller coaster but decided to eat before riding the Viking. 
  
"What is?" 
  
"We didn't pay for the entrance ticket" Yoona giggled "Why?" 
  
"Because it's free" 
  
"Why would it be free?" 
  
"Because you're with someone gorgeous" Jessica glared playfully while Yoona laughs that makes her eyes wink - another aspect of her that Jessica fell for. "Because I am your ticket" 
  
"How come?" 
  
"This is my mom's" 
  
"Oooh!" nodded Jessica "It's so different from your business area though?" 
  
"I have always been fond of parks and fun houses, so, my mom decided to build one for me. One of our own" 
  
"Of course,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter