1:52AM, 21F, snow

Foreign Body

   "What took you so long?"
   "Sorry, sorry!" Jungkook all but runs up to the spot, still zipping up his backpack, before sitting down, "thanks for meeting me so late."
   "No problem. I needed a break from the studio, anyway."
   "What are you working on?"
   "A project for class. Something fun, recording samples of music that are short enough to convert into data a computer might be able to analyze, understand, and, hopefully, replicate," Namjoon pauses to light up and pass to Jungkook, "but Donghyuk and Yoongi are going to meet me when I head back so we can work on some, tasty tracks," teasing and sing-song, he's excited about making music, "what are you doing tonight?"
   "If I told you I'd have to kill you!" They both laugh. Jungkook doesn't say anything else, tapping around on his phone instead. The screen is bright enough that Namjoon can see paint all up and down the sleeves of his oversized black hoodie, but he doesn't understand what it means until Jungkook finds what he's looking for and starts talking at the same time he holds the phone up for Namjoon to look at. It's a lot all at once so he takes a second to focus.
   "I'm just gonna go disappoint my parents some more." The phone shows a collage of spray painted bunny faces, simple outlines looping intricately to form something cute and recognizable. There are nearly twenty in the picture and Jungkook, too quickly, swipes to two, three, four, five other unique collages. On bridges, buildings, bathroom stalls, signs, trucks, trains, fences, dumpsters, they were everywhere. Namjoon is stunned, actually having seen this particular rabbit tag around town and other cities he had visited too.
   "Are you kidding me?" Jungkook responds by picking up his backpack and shaking it, the cans of spray paint clanking inside.
   "Can I come?" Namjoon is too excited and Jungkook has to laugh.
   "No. Rookies always get caught." Jungkook laughs harder at how disappointed Namjoon looks, but he bounces back quickly, astounded and curious.
   "Have you ever been caught?"
   "Of course! But not in a long time."
   "You really did all of those? By yourself?"
   "All me."
   "I've seen them so far away though, in water parks and stuff." Jungkook has never told anyone about his hobby before and is honestly having a great time.
   "Well, I was there before you!" He shrugs dramatically, grinning.
   "Holy , dude, that is so awesome. Let me see again." Jungkook hands him the phone and watches proudly as he pours over the photo collages, pointing out the ones he had seen before and trying to remember where.
   "But you can't tell anyone, alright? Not a soul."
   "Yeah. Yeah, cross my heart." They both laugh but not because it isn't a huge deal. 
   Later that night, Jungkook sends him four flash brightened photos. The first one is a bunny on a dumpster, only 15 minutes after they'd gone their separate ways. A little later, one on the side of an overpass. Then, another one on the back of a highway sign. The fourth photo arrives only five minutes after the third one and it's different than the others. Angled to show only Jungkook's wildly grinning face, with the highway a far way below him, Namjoon's heart stops just looking at it because Jungkook is gorgeous, because Jungkook is incredible, because Jungkook asks to be near him and wants to show him things, because Jungkook.