Eternally

First Love

Sanha woke up feeling heavy, almost unable to move. Nothing was wrong with him; physically, at least. He just didn't want to get up. The birds sang, the wind blew, the sun shined; and yet Sanha didn't want to get up. 

 

How long had it been since he felt like this? When was the last time his heart pounded and ached so? It felt as though he was sinking into himself, and he cried. Sanha cried for the first time since Eunwoo rejected him. But this was different. 

 

He was already happy, and had someone to care about and love. And he was loved too. So why? Sanha started sobbing and whimpering as he curled around his pillow. Poor pillow; it's seen so many tears in such a short amount of time. 

 

Sanha did eventually get up and, despite his bright colored clothes, looked dull and weary. Even his mother had to make sure he was okay, to which Sanha just forced out a big smile. He didn't want to worry her. She had already gone through this when Sanha was sad abot Eunwoo. He didn't want her to go through that again. But who would help him, then?

 

Sanha took his phone out as he ate his Coco Puff cereal, and texted Rocky as he did every morning.

 

"Goodmorning, Rocky!! See you at school ^^"

 

...

 

Oh. No reply today. 

 

Sanha fought back some tears before just putting his phone away. Maybe Rocky overslept, or was busy?

 


 

"Goodmorning." Sanha smiled brightly at Rocky, who just kept his head down. "Ah, are you tired?" No response. "Oh... okay, I'll let you sleep." He smiled through until he sat down and then put his head down on his desk as well. 

 

Rocky had lifted his only then, and looked sadly at Sanha. He was hurting Sanha, but this hurt him too. There was no way Sanha could have been cheating on him. But there was no evidence saying he wasn't. 

 

Even after class, and all other classes after, Sanha had greeted Rocky. And per usual, didn't get so much as a glance in return. 

 


 

"I don't understand..." Sanha said to his seniors. MJ was holding Sanha and his hair back. Jinwoo was busy making them food. "I don't think I did anything wrong, and Rocky won't talk to me. I dontdon't know why he broke up with me, even." 

 

Myungjun shushed him and moved Sanha to lay his head on his lap. It was like the younger was his big baby. "Rocky wouldn't do something like this for no reason. I'll try talking to him for you."

 

"But he IS being very stupid." Jinwoo added as he came in with some sandwiches. "Give him some space. He probably just needs time to work out whatever his problem is."

 

Sanha sniffled and nodded. He sat up after that to eat his sandwich that jinwoo had so carefully made. Maybe he should talk to Moonbin and Eunwoo as well? No, they just got together. Sanha didn't want to ruin it.

 

"Okay. Thanks, hyungs!" Sanha bit into his sandwich deliciously. He could do this. He could wait for Rocky.

 


 

The next day Sanha managed to get up and go to school without crying. So far so good. Well, he had to fight back his tears a few times, but overall didn't cry. 

 

He didn't even say anything to Rocky, just sat down in his seat and got his notebook out for class. Even Rocky was rather surprised. It was such a sudden change from yesterday, and there was no way he could have expected Sanha to look so... okay. Well, it was good that he wasn't sad. 

 

During lunch, Sanha didn't bring up Rocky or even look at him. He just ate his lunch and played on his phone. 

 

Huh, weird.

 

Rocky didn't have lunch, since he would usually share with Sanha, but he couldn't ask now. And he was pulled out into the hall by Myungjun.

 

Oh no, MJ had "that face". 

 

"Yah!" MJ's voice echoed through the halls. He was obviously angry. "What IS your problem, Park Minhyuk?! The kid does nothing to you, and you break up with him for no reason-"

 

Rocky covered his mouth, even if it might get him a beating. "Shh. I have a reason. I just- Can I just not talk about it? Really, it hurts me too." Myungjun didn't seem too happy. That answer didn't fix anything, Rocky wasn't going to talk to anyone. But damn, MJ's voice could really get loud.

 

"Fix it. Or your relationship with Sanha won't be the only thing that's broken." Myungjun pointed in between Rocky's eyes, fixating his eyes on the younger firmly. Then he walked away to go find Moonbin and Eunwoo. Yeah, even if Sanha didn't, he would tell them.

 


 

"That -" Eunwoo was pulled back into his seat by Moonbin. The boy was really just about ready to fight. Even if he didn't know how, nobody messed with Sanha. 

 

"Calm down, nothing good will come of this if you just have Rocky punch you again. Did he really do that to Sanha?" Bin moved in closer to Eunwoo while looking at Myungjun. "What reason could Rocky have to break up with him...?"

 

"I don't know, but I just thought I should tell you. Sanha was really beat up about it.." He tilted his head a bit as if he was trying to figure out the truth. 

 

"Sounds like he's just being- Ow!" Eunwoo rubbed his side where Moonbin just elbowed him. "I was just saying- Ah! Okay, okay!"

 

Myungjun just cackled at Moonbin's way of shutting Eunwoo up and left.

 


 

The last few days before winter break were coming to a close. Sanha didn't know how much longer he could deal with him. It hurt so much, and hurt even more when he had to pretend to be alright. 

 

But Sanha was stronger than he thought. 

 

On the last day, he turned to look at Rocky after class, grabbing his arm to stop him from leaving. Oh-ho man, Sanha always liked how toned those arms were..... Okay, back to business!

 

"Rocky. Just give me a second. I'll... uh, I'll be waiting for you by the fountain in the park at 6. Christmas Eve, okay?" Sanha offered him a small smile before leaving. 

 

He left with hope that Rocky would go when he asked. Even that much would be alright. Sanha cared so much for Rocky, he wanted to try and fix whatever was wrong. 

 

Sanha caught up with Moonbin after school, clinging to his arm and giggling.

 

"Well you look happy." Bin said, smiling right back at the younger boy. Sanha made a toothy smile and made a face as if he had some tea to spill. "What you got?"

 

"Okay-" Sanha began, pursung his lips together before smiling normally again. "I asked Rocky to go out with me on Christmas Eve. Remember when I asked you for advice?" Bin nodded, seeing where this was going. "I'm going to give him a special present and then we'll go to a cafe and drink hot cocoa and then play some video games and cuddle at my house." He gasped for air, regretting saying that whole sentence in one breath. 

 

Moonbin just thought all of this was cute, and hugged Sanha, hyping him up and jumping in circles with him. "Good job! I'm sure he'll like it! Eunwoo and I are also going on our own little date. But that's a secret." He winked and laughed. 

 

The two had some special events planned for that night, and were getting overly hyped about it. 

 

Rocky, on the other hand, was having trouble deciding if he should go. In all honesty, he felt awkward around Sanha. But the kid must have built up a lot of courage to ask that after the game ast days. Maybe he will- Rocky paused before exiting the building and stared out at Sanha and Moonbin. No. No, he wasn't going. He didn't know what Sanha and Moonbin were doing together so often like this, but he didn't like it. It made his stomach turn for some reason. Rocky just left quickly so he wouldn't have to stop and talk to anyone.

 

"Sure would be nice if it snowed for Christmas. It's pointless having cold days and nights with nothing fun to show for it." Sanha said just before shivering and hugging himself. Even the jacket he had on wasn't warm enough for him.

 


 

The air was cold and crisp, yet no snow. But overall, the Christmas lights made the night still memorable. 

 

Myungjun and Jinwoo sat comfortably in silence around Jinwoo's fireplace. The warmth of the fire and the hot cocoa in their hands had them feeling soft and warm. The silence was not broken once, but they didn't need to say much anyway to know they love each other. 

 

Myungjun smiled as he set his mug down to wrap a warm blanket around him and Jinwoo. They both sat close to each other, Myungjun eventually lying his head on Jinwoo's shoulder. He sipped his cocoa slowly, smiling softly every time he would look up at Jinwoo. Everything was perfect. 

 

Jinwoo set both of their mugs down slowly before lifting up Myungjun's head. No one had to say anything for him to know what to do. Both looked at each other's eyes, then their lips, and then closed their eyes. They inched closer and closer, lifting their hands up to caress each other's cheeks, up until their lips finally met. Their cheeks were flushed, and their hands were so warm on each other. The both of them just tilted their heads and leaned into the kiss more, eventually Jinwoo opened his mouth, inviting Myungjun in for more. And the rest followed from there.

 


 

Moonbin and Eunwoo were also spending their Christmas Eve in their own way. They were outside in the cold, but they had each other to keep warm. From sharing the same scarf, to sharing hot street food, they both stayed together the whole time. Despite how people looked at them, they never once felt like they shouldn't be together.

 

Eunwoo checked Bin's hands, and made sure his gloves were on right before interlocking their fingers. There were some kisses as well, but they were only cheek or forehead kisses. Especially when one noticed the other's face was red from the cold. 

 

Eventually, they found their own little place to kiss properly without peering eyes. Eunwoo held on gently to Moonbin's waist, and Bin had his arms around Eunwoo's neck. They both leaned in, just inches away from their lips touching. 

 

"Wait-" Moonbin pushed back, causing Eunwoo to worry a bit. "Wait a second, isn't that... Rocky?" Bith were looking back now, watching Rocky walk around alone. "What's he doing here? I thought he had a date with- Oh that son of a-" Bin stormed up to Rocky, Eunwoo following behind. He didn't know what was happening, but he knew Rocky had hurt Sanha.

 

It took Rocky a moment to realize Moonbin was walking towards him, and he turned around to leave. But he was pulled back by his collar, almost choking.

 

"What the HELL are you doing here?" Moonbin asked, glaring at Rocky. "Didn't Sanha ask you to meet up with him?" Eunwoo blinked and looked between the two. 

 

So Rocky was supposed to meet up with Sanha?

 

Rocky glared back and shoved Moonbin off of him. "And why would you care? Shouldn't you be the one with Sanha? You two get along so well."

 

Eunwoo was about to grab him, but Moonbin held him off. "I have no idea what you're talking about. Besides, why would I spend Christmas Eve with Sanha? You should know by now that Eunwoo and I are dating. Where have you been?" 

 

Rocky blinked and looked between the two. "No, you-" He paused, thinking a bit. "I saw you and Sanha- He was all blushy and flustered and- and- and then outside, you two were hugging-"

 

Moonbin face palmed and shook his head. "God, both you and Eunwoo are god damn idiots. Listen. If you're talking about Sanha and I in the hallway and in frint if the school, he was asking me for advice to get you a nice present. He was flustered because he was shy talking about you. Sanha planned out this whole date for you two, and said he'd give you a soecial present."

 

Rocky crouched down, covering his face. He was truly an idiot. He knew Sanha was too innocent to do something like this, why did he have to draw up conclusions and break up with him? ", I really screwed up..." 

 

"Uh, ya." Moonbin crossed his arms.

 

"If you don't fix this, I'm going to make sure you never find happiness anywhere." Eunwoo wasn't shut up by Moonbin for once, but the two of them turned around and left together.

 

"What time is it??" Rocky asked himself and whipped out his phone. "8 already?! I was supposed to go at 6.. Sanha couldn't possibly still be out in the cold, waiting... Yes, he could. He would." He pushed himself up and started running to where Sanha had told him the other day.

 


 

Rocky was panting and gasping for air by the time he reached the fountain, and looked around like a crazy person for Sanha. But the boy was nowhere to be found. He was a tall kid. It couldn't be that hard to find him. But Rocky didn't see him anywhere. He was about to leave when he heard very quiet sobbing.

 

"Sanha?" He asked while walking towards a park bench. The sobbing stopped, and then he heard coughing.

 

Rocky moved quicker and walked behind the bench to find Sanha curled up in a ball, clutching a cute little bag in his hands. 

 

"Rocky?" Sanha asked, his voice cracking before he let out more sobs. "I thought- I thought you hated me.."

 

"No. God, no. I love you so much, Sanha. I'm so so SO sorry! I shouldn't have acted that way. I was being completely stupid" Rocky pulled Sanha up and hugged him tightly. The boy was cold, even shivering. Coughing a lot, too. "I'm so-"

 

He was cut off when the younger pushed back and looked down, still clutching the little bag in his hands. 

 

"I.. have something for you." Sanha held up the bag with both hands, head down in embarrassment. "I know it's not much, but I hope you like it."

 

Rocky looked at the bag, then at Sanha's fingers. They were all pricked and covered in band-aids. What happened to him? "Thank you.." He said while taking the bag. 

 

Sanha looked up again and wiped his face to watch Rocky open his present. He pulled out a little teddy bear, but it looked a bit roughed up, almost as if it was homemade.

 

Oh.

 

OH. 

 

Rocky started to tear up and looked at Sanha. He really made this? That explained his fingers. The boy sewed this together himself. And even if it wasn't perfect, Rocky loved it. 

 

"I'm sorry it's kind of ugly. I don't know how to sew, but I promise I tried my-"

 

Rocky pulled Sanha into another hug, holding the bear in one of his hands. "It's perfect. I wouldn't trade it for the world. But I didn't get you anything. We can go out somewhere and I'll buy you whatever you want."

 

"No." Sanha giggled. "This is already a good gift. I just wanted you here tonight." He coughed more, and then nuzzled his face into Rocky's neck.

 

"Okay. But if you let me take you home and give you some medicine, I'll be your boyfriend again."

 

"Deal!"

 

Rocky put the bear into his pocket before kissing Sanha on the lips, then taking his hand to walk him home. 

 



 

Ya girl updated!

 

me: has an essay to write for class.

also me: writes a whole chapter about my gay, angsty boys.

 

Pray for me, y'all T T

 

ANYWAY. I hope you enjoyed this. I might write an epilogue at some point.

 

MIGHT!

 

But I'd say that's a rather good conclusion. Also I'm so sorry lmao. I'm a sap for Christmas. I absolutely love Christmas. 

 

And Myungjin too. I love my babiesssss <3

 

Thank you for reading, and I hope to write other stuff besides Astro. Or maybe just Astro idk. But if you want me to write about something, just leave me a comment and I'll make note of it. I'm a struggling student and I don't have time to come up with different ideas T T