two ||

t i e | mark lee

"Yah, Qeera-yah," Haena whispered in the car as her mom decided to send three of us to the school. At first, Haena's mom is kind of rushing with her morning routine stuffs but at the end, after some serious talks with Mark (usually he's the driver- he is such a bae), her mom give in. 

"Earlier," I know she would talk about this; i mean, who's not, right? "What did oppa have done? I thought he could control his hormone though," she told me with her really low whisper that I never heard before. Duh, oppa is sitting at the front and he probably nervous about his graduation day... right? 

But I keep on blushing since just now 'cause oh my god, Mark oppa is actually in a position where he could do anything to me just now. But I just stay there quietly waiting for him to make moves. Can you even imagine your crush fall over you and kiss your forehead accidentally? Damn. That is sooooo drama and its happened to me. Now, I can't even breathe properly though. I could see Mark is sweating so much and even his mom asked him why he is sweating so much. 

How can he explain when its hard to believe?

I snapped out when Haena hit my left thighs slightly- to gain my consious again. "Hey, are you hiding something from me?" she asked me, still using her whisper tone. I heaved a sighed as I shook my head with my pink cheeks.  But I couldn't blame her. If I'm in her position, I would be so curious especially my friend fall together with my brother on the floor.  

"Nothing, Haena. I pull his tie way too hard and," okay, I'm getting shy now. I can't continue and Mark turn his head as he realised that we are talking about what were happen between me and him just now. Gosh. Haena can you pls stop it. She keep on staring- NO, more too glaring- to know how would I answer her question. Her mind is so dirty ya know. Well, we all have that one friend who is so dirty mentally. And Haena Lee is one of those girls.

Mark growled as he heard his precious sister keep on asking me stuffs. "Yah, can you stop, Lee Haena. We have to get down now," he told her with his eyes wandering between me and Haena. Then, I see how red is his flexible ears. God, we are in embrassment state though. I should have force myself to stand up earlier but why the hell I was so stiff and couldn't do anything at all? This is why I should learn to not be so panic in front of oppa. 

Even without looking at the school for so long, I know that today will be so great and interesting since everyone is participated in the graduation day. All the clubs have stuffs to do like opening food stalls, picture booths, and karaoke hall around the main hall for the graduation day for the last grade. So, most of the students are in school today preparing their things. 

For me and Haena, we're in the Photography Club so both of us chose to record the event using our cameras and our position is at the right side of the main stage, where the students will walk down after getting their certification. This is my first time ever participating in the Graduation Day. 

It's even more special since Mark oppa is here today. Back then, I would love to stalk him. He realised me sometimes, but he just shrugged it off thinking I just happened to be there. I still remember that one day in the past spring, Mark participated in a band competition. I still could remember all the his band's members; the main vocalist, Moon Taeil, the bassist, Jung Jaehyun, the lead guitarist, Lee Taeyong, the keyboard, Lee Donghyuck and the drummer, of course, Mark oppa. 

The struggle to look at him is so real because he's a drummer. The drummer always being hide by the others right? So I have to hide behind something and take a peek at his back side behind them. I would watch their backside practicing their songs together and Mark look soooo good. He saw me taking a peek at him back in that spring season. 

Gosh, I was so embrassed but I think he didn't realised it.
"OH, Qeera-ah!!!" he called me and all s' attention were towards me and it makes me a little startled. But he introduced me very well and asked me to watch their band practicing right in front of them. Erm, the thing is, I want to watch you, that's why I hide behind your back and postpone all my actions.

But at the end, I couldn't watch his back properly since he asked me to watch them right on the front. Haha, whatever. It still a lovely moment for me. From what I know, Mark will performed with his band tonight for the last time as a high school student. I'm so excited for tonight though.

"Qeera, have you done placing all the cameras at the right angle?" I heard Ms. Kim asking me behind my back. Oh wow, she looks good today. She's wearing a really cute dress despite her small figure. You couldn't believe her age though. She looks so young than her visual. I'm a bit shock at first but then I chuckled. 

"Yes, every camera is in their perfect position," I told her briefly as my eyes are looking at the cameras. She tapped my shoulder as she says "That's good. Later, record it well, okay? Now, go and have fun with your friends before the event starts."

I nods my head and check everything so I won't be panic later and left the scene. I tried to search for Haena but she is nowhere to be found. Somehow, I saw Donghyuck. Donghyuck is in the same grade as me. He is having so much fun with the game arcade so I hit his right arm to have his attention. Oh right, we are friends after Mark introduced me to all his bandmates. 

"Oh, hey Qeera!"

"Hey." 

"Want to play the game? Its so good."

I shook my head as I showed him I want to take pretty pictures with him lol. I'm not betraying my love for Mark but the picture booth have some good quality pics so I have to take pics there.And the only person available now is; LEE DONGHYUCK so, "Let's take pictures."

He chuckled while put aside all the game's control. "Pictures? Well, I know that I'm so handsome that even you want to have a pic with me. Damn, you're my fangirl right?"

There you go, the sassy Donghyuck which you could hardly find anywhere else. I kicked his calf slightly and laughed as he pretend to be hurt. "Don't be such an here," I mumbled and both of us chuckled. 

"Well, you love to hang with this ,right"?" Haechan smirked as he done saying all those words proudly. Wow. I can't handle this boy. His confidence level is infinity. As we talk about the graduation day either its gonna be fun or not, some random girls keep on giggling inside the booths which make both of us feel cringy. 

Donghyuck tapped my left shoulder while whispers, "Is taking pictures are that funny? As if your face is a joke and you can't help but laugh?" the hell, Donghyuck. What is he talking about? Lol. But I decided to play with his innocent joke. "Yes, its funny. Especially hanging out with people like you, cause people like you don't have mirror so they kinda weird when they see themselves."

Donghyuck blurt out his sarcastic laugh. "Ha ha. What a joke," he told me and try to copy my glare eyes when I'm angry. Gosh, for sometimes, I wonder why I decided I want to be his friend though (for my one and only; Mark oppa). We get our tickets right after those sarcastic laugh of Donghyuck and we enter the booth. 

The lighting inside here is no joke and it makes both of us look so damn white. Well, its a picture booth. Of course, the lighting is high and there will be a green background behind us. I bet this is Donghyuck first time as his eyes can't stop wandering all of the angles inside the booth. I can't helped but laugh with his cuteness. "Yah, Donghyuck. Is this your first time?"

He changed his expression from being all 'first time' look to his typical 'glare sassy' look. "Shut up. Boys don't really wanna go inside here. Its so weird if guys get inside here together," he continue, still looking at me with his fired sassy eyes. "Can you even imagine two boys, go inside this suffocated lighting level 360 room, laughing and giggling," he starts to chuckle while I'm imagining things. 

".. that is so damn GAY! So its not weird if I'm kinda awkward standing here," he shouted as his mouth starts to laugh together with me. I'm already laughing like there's no tomorrow. Oh my god, he's right. That would be so GAY.  

But then, we started to have our own photoshoots and I don't even notive that both of us looks like a love couple who is having fun. I almost forgot my task inside the hall and I can't help but run straight away towards the hall when we're done taking our pictures. Donghyuck told me that he will give the pictures to me after the event done. 

Haena was already inside, standing at our position and she seems worry about me, not coming back. I'm kinda relieved when she is not complaining when I arrived beside her. "They will start another five minutes. I thought you will be late. What are you doing just now?" she asked me with her eyes monitoring the camera. I have my seat while grabbing a bottle of mineral water. 

"Taking pictures with Donghyuck," I answered her and drank the water with a few gulps. I don't know why I'm so tired after running about 0.00000023 meter. Haena rolled her eyes and turn her attention to me. I'm kinda panicked at first since I thought she's gonna hit or do something weird but it turn out that she is shock about me and Donghyuck taking pictures together. 

"I thought you like my oppa! Are you and Donghyuck a thing right now?"

"NO, OF course NOT! What the hell are you talking about?"

Then, she heaved a relief sighed as she say, "Ah, I thought you two a thing right now.." and its her turn to drink the mineral water. I guess her stamina is worser than me. Yea, I bet so. Last year, our Physics teacher asked her to take something from two classes before us and her sweat is no kidding when she came back. Wow. So tired and breathless. 

I shook my head and laugh nervously. "We're just taking pictures, Haena. Don't judge so quick, gurl." I said while nudging my right elbow towards her left arm. After her last gulp, she take a new breathe and continue our conversation. "But taking pictures with a boy is kinda weird. That's why I'm so shocked. Only lovers go inside together tho."

I giggled but then, I realised something. I saw Mark when we are waiting our turn to get inside the booth. He is kinda shock but I thought its his normal expression. OH MY GOD. THAT'S MEan, oppa saw that I got inside the booth ONLY WITH DONGHyuck! It looks like I'm betraying him! What do you ever done, QEERA! OH my god! This is soooooo wrong!

I grabbed both of Haena's shoulders. "Yah! Your op-oppa! Oh my god, Haena!!" I screamed and Haena placed her hands on my mouth asking me to keep my voice low since all the teachers are looking at her. I'm such an embrassment. Damn. But then, Haena asked me why with her brother. I can't helped but I think my voice couldn't go any lower. "He saw I got inside the booth with Donghyuck! OMG!"

This time, Haena's eyes keep on getting bigger and she grabbed my shoulders too. "What the hell? How come my oppa was there?! You-- but wait," okay, this is getting serious and of course, its a serious thing. Its about my future husband saw me betraying him with his bestfriend. "-- did he looks like he cares?" 

"Yah, that;s mean." I stopped pulling her and focused on the screen right away. This girl. She's break my heart more than the other strangers ever done sometimes. I heard she chuckled and I just shook my head. But then, I saw Ms. Kim come towards us.

I smiled (despite my pain) and asked Ms Kim why she is here. 

"It just, I need help from erm, you," she point her finger towards Haena,".. to arrange some of the camera codes inside the control room for awhile. I thought you already arranged for the B-side."

Haena ruffled her own hair as she realised the mistake she did. "Ah, I thought Jeno will do that B-side.. where is him?"

"He needs your guide since he is so weak with controlling things," Ms Kim told her while sticking a pure smile  and so both of them left me who is still broke with my own mistake. What would Mark thought in that time? But Haena's question is kinda true though.. did Mark ever care or like me like how I loves him? 

But I think Mark really cares about me since he is the caring type. This make me rewind our first meet; during the winter. 27 November 2014. 

4 years ago.

Such a long time.

It was my first time going to Haena's house after getting close with her for a year. Our main purpose was to study Mathematics and English with her oppa. 

"My oppa is really excellet in Maths and English! I'm serious!" she told me thousands time even when I stepped inside her house, she still repeat the same thing. Wow, she is so proud of her brother. So sweet. Her mom greeted me with a really welcomed smile and serves me some biscuits and hot choco. It was so good. 

Her brother came out a bit late so I waited him together with Haena on their living room. Her mom asked me some typical questions and after ten minutes, the hero of my life went downstairs. 
His first appearance was so good that I can't help but greeted him right away even before he could open his mouth. He chuckled as he saw how greedy am I to greet him. I did look greedy on that time. 

During our lessons, he keep on asking me if I am fine, am I following his track well, or he would ask me if I want to get some drink and even ask me if I feel tired. Wow, even my own sister won't asked me for more than twenty times. Of course, he would treat me like for the first time but trust me, he did the same thing to me even after 3 years. 

Yes, last year during the same season. I came to Haena's house to help her with her Youtube videos and it turns out that Mark was in the house too. Both of their parents were working so I decided to hang with Haena. But when I knew that Mark was there too, I can't help but did some make-up.

You can't believe what happened. 
He told me that I looked good with this type of make-up an even ruffled my hair.
MARK LEE RUFFLED MY HAIR WHILE SAYING I'M PRETTY. Then, he asked me if I want some drink, just call his name and he would bring the drink upstairs. 

He also shouted at Haena to not forced me if I am so tired. "If Qeera faint, I'm gonna block all your accounts."
I still can't believe he cared about me that much even though we don't really met that often. But even during school time, when we accidentally met, he would call me with his innocent smile. 

"Oh, our little Qeera! Good morning!" he called me 'little' since he always teased how small am I 'cause I am small but back then, he also compared to the other boys. 

But starting last year, he starts to grow up as a mature boy. He is tall as most of the boys and he look so good-looking that sometimes, I crave to look at him so much. Especially when his Adam's apple grow and that time, I realised that Mark probably has hit his puberty and I can't helped but blushed. But its not about that 69 stuffs, oh my god. NO. And when he's wearing a normal t-shirt with a his jeans, he makes me want him more.

I really wished he confessed to me and ask me to be his girlfriend. 

But I'm not sure about how his feel towards me. He just look at me as his little sister's bestfriend. Nothing else. That's why I'm so scared to ask him anything about his feel 'cause maybe he thought I'm so young to know anything else. Well, he is two years older than me. This age barrier is kinda hard sometimes even though its cute to have an oppa as your boyfriend.

I heaved a sigh. "Am I playing with my own feels?" I mumbled and closed my eyes for awhile; wondering why my love string is like this. I was so immersed with my own feels that I didn't realised that someone is calling me. I startled as I open my eyes and even more startled when its actually Mark right in front of my eyes.

I blinked my eyes while changing my position so I looked good while seating. "Oh op-oppa? What is it?" I asked him with my eyes startled look and he just keep on his poker face without looking at me. Why he doesn't look at me though? Usually, he would flashed me a smile and look directly towards me when he's talking. Man, did he really care about me and Donghyuck went inside the booth together? I don't think oppa likes me..

We stay silent for awhile and all of sudden, an announcement is ringing inside the hall.

"Good morning to all the teachers, parents and students. We are sorry to announce that there are some techinical problem so the event will start a bit late. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I rolled my eyes as I heard Haena's voice announcing those announcement. So, Jeno actually making the situation worser than it is? I heaved a sigh and turns my eyes towards Mark. He realised that I'm looking at him so he turn his head and look at me with his innocent pair of eyes. Both of us are kind of awkward right now and so, I start the conversation.

"Erm, oppa."

He leaned his back while glancing me over his left shoulder. "Oh, right." He lean forward and come  a bit closer to me. I can't helped but feel shy with his sudden action but I acted like I'm totally fine so I remain the same position. He continue while ruffles his own hair. "I need your help to take my pictures, actually."

"Me? Haena- OH, she's not here. Then, Donghyuc-" I choked my own saliva as I didn't realised I told Donghyuck's name in front of him. He gets me a mineral bottle and even open up the cap bottle and help me to drink it. Oh my god oppa. wHY you are so kind? No wonders I love you. When everything went back to normal, he asked me, "Are you alright? Should I continue?"

I nods my head for a few times; making sure that I'm totally fine now. Oppa cleared his throat and eyeing me cautiously so that I won't choked my own saliva anymore. That is so damn clumsy, Qeera. Oppa take a last worry glance towards me and continues. "So, would you like to help me?"

I flashed him my most pure smile and say, "Yes," and nods my head about three times. 

"But, I just wanna ask you something since I'm a bit curious. Just a little curious, okay?" he asked me and give me his normal smile (that i always fall with). I raised my eyebrows signalling him 'What is it?' look.

"Are you dating someone right now?"

Without any hesitation, I answer his question right away. "OF COURSE, NOT!"

Mark chuckled as I react way too loud. He hold my right shoulder asking me to calm down since I'm kinda extra now. I'm actually expecting that question from his mouth. That's mean he's care about me! Oh my god! So, at least, oppa cares abou me. Wow, that is so touching. Thanks, Markeuri oppa. I almost let my tears fall down lol. Can you see how emotional am I for some small matters? Probably.

"Ah, really? Okay, now take pictures of me. C'mon. Haena will pick you up if she's done with the technical problem," he told me and placing his left hand on my right hand. WOW, WTH IS THIS WHY HE SUDDENLY HOLD MY HAND? OPPA, WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU

My smile couldn't held this anymore.I could explode now. Oppa never hold my hand before. Even though we met quite often, but holding hands is not his thing and I know how uncomfortable he is with skinships. Haena told me once, that both of them are not those clingy types since they are kinda irritated with skinships. 

I'm smiling so wide now that I thought my lips could become bigger. My lips forming a wide smile that could reach even longer than my ears. Why is oppa acting like this? I shook my head for a few times as I keep my head low; i'm so shy,guys. 

I think oppa bring me to the field since I saw all these green floors. When we're finally stop, Mark called me with his husky voice. Man, that's husky voice is illegal. I bet my face is so red right now. But who's care if it just me and Mark here. Wow, what a dream. I tried my best to look at oppa in his eyes. 

"So, where should I take your pictures?" 

Oppa shrugged his shoulders and told me that, "I'm fine with any angle since you are good with taking pictures." He said that while grinning like an idiot. GAWD, MARK LEE CAN YOU PLs stop. My heart can't handle every actions of your like every single second. I chuckled, "I'm not good tho. But yea, c'mon. I need your phone since I left mine."

He give me his phone gladly, all grinning and I could see he is kinda hyper right now? What happened with him? Why is he being like this? But all I could do is laughing towards his adorable actions. He looks younger than he is so its kinda cute to see his acting like this. 

"Okay, ready.. wait, let me adjust the angle and brightness," I said while my mind was so focused with his phone's camera. Sometimes, I hate Samsung but most of the time, I love it so much. So in 'love-hate' with Samsung but I'm using IPhone tho. When I'm adjusting all this functions, I heard someone called Mark and it turns out that its Taeyong is calling him. 

"Markeurii, come here for awhile! We need to take pictures together ! Just for a sec," he shouted loudly from the opposite side of the field. 

Mark rolled his eyes and come closer to me, "Wait here. I'll be back in just two minutes, okay?" he asked me and ruffled my hair AGAIN. He loves my hair or yes or yeah or wow? Really? Mark is totally weird today due to how his action towards me. 

So, I continue with all the functions inside his camera. But I don't know how can my clumsy act make its appearance again, I accidentally tapped some wrong emoticons and it brings me to Mark's phone's gallery. "Aish."

I almost exit from the gallery until I saw my picture inside one of the files. I take a good look and it turns out- OH WHAT?

'my only crush; Q.K.' 
   45 images

"uH, what file is this?" 

I tapped on the file and oh my god, its my images. MARK LEE taking pictures of me quietly? I take a look every single pictures from the first pic. Its my first time met oppa during my middle high school. I was laughing and he take a picture of me? 

Then, I slide to the next one.

Its when I'm staying two-nights at Haena's house. I was 15 years old and we are playing some games together with Mark oppa. He took a picture of me secretly?

I slide the third one.

It was during my choir competition between school. Wait, he was there? I don't remember he's there? 

The fourth one. I was eating my lunch in school after getting my results. My results was kinda good and I look so happy here. It was back in 2015. 

And all the pictures after was just me doing normal things. It just some small matters but oppa taking all this pictures of me secretly? How come I never notice? Was he the one who stalk me through all these years?

But then, I stopped in one image where I was crying. (i look kinda ugly tho) But how come he managed to take a picture of me? I was crying because I couldn't go home since there's no more bus arrived. Ah! So, Mark oppa has been waiting for me. He even console me to stop crying. That was last year. A week before summer. Trust me, it was raining when I'm crying that time.

And the last picture was when I get to his Basketball tournament as a photographer. This was happened last month. 

 

 

Wait. My eyes starts to form tears but I hold it in as I heard Mark is coming back here. "Qeera-yah!"

I bring my eyes towards his direction as he pointing me that he wants to take a picture from that angle. I smiled and nods my head. When I'm standing in the right position, I am so ready to take a picture of him with the school building as the background. Then, an idea popped in. 

"Oppa!" I called him as I bring the phone lower so I can look at him. 

"Eung?"

"You tie doesn't look good! Should I repair it for you?" I asked as I keep on walking to him slowly. Step by step towards my unexpected secret crush.

"Really? It's okay. I can do it myself tho. Tell me which part did it doesn't look good,"Mark shouted as his eyes starts to focus on his tie and his hands starts to touch his own tie. I flashed him a smirk silently as I get closer to him. 

I counted every single steps as I get myself towards him. I keep glancing over his face as he is so focus with his tie. Well, that is Mark. Too focus on his disadvantage and bad look rather than look at his positive sides. Oppa, do you ever realised that you looks good and beautiful and handsome and OH-some? So, let me tell you like how you supposed to know. 

"I think its better if someone repair it for you since its not easy for your eyes to look at the tie," I said, while counting inside my heart 'seven, eight, nine,' and smile as wide as I can. Gosh, I thought I'm going to be so shy about this but wow, my hormones and mind are going crazy right now that I don't know how to control my actions anymore. Damn you, Mark Lee. I hate you. 

Mark doesn't answer me anything since he REALLY thought that his tie is in bad condition. I almost chuckled when he acted like that. WHY so cute? 

Focus, Qeera.

I realised that now, I have stopped right a few metres from him and that is my plan. Oppa bring his face towards me and eyeing me a signal 'what is it?' and I just bring my hand slowly towards his tie.

Damn guys. No moment. I am so done with this morning's incident.

"You should learn how to wear tie properly," I said and acting like his tie in the worst condition. Mark just flashed me a smirk, oh my god. Mark Lee is smirking? Wait.

What is he thinking?

He nods his head while smirking towards me. He even looks directly inside my eyes. "Well," he cleared his throat as if he wants to blurt out something important, ".. I've thinking 'bout this."

"What is it?" 
My right hand still gripping on his tie but not so tight. 

"Your hands are made for help me with my tie so I think you should stay by my side, won't you?"
That is ing smooth, oppa. I shouldn't curse but you shouldn't do that. (even the rhythm wow)

Without any seconds, I pulled his tie hardly so that we could be more closer than we are. Just a few inches from his face and the shameless me, "I saw everything inside your phone," I whispered to him but not in his ears. I want to see the truth inside his eyes.

He chuckled as he bring his right hands behind my head. my hairs again. "I can't hear you. Come closer," what? Oppa, are you serious? Damn. I fell inside my own trap, I guess.

But I follow his request and say the words right beside his ears. "I saw everything about me inside your phone, oppa." I told him with a really slow tone and I'm sure it makes him ticklish. But why does today, he doesn't feel ticklish at all? Oppa, I CAUght you.

"Really?" He asked while my hair and without any warning, he kissed my left cheek as fast as he could. 

I moved away immediately but still a few inches from him. "Oppa!"

He laughed as he brings me inside his warm embrace and I can't help but hide my face in his chest as I am so shy with what is happening. 

Ah, so through all the years I'm crushing my heart for him, he did the same thing for me ! I have never expected this- I mean, he is my TWO YEARS OLD SENIOR and I never realised any of his actions were because he likes me. I've never had an idea where Mark Lee, my bestfriend's brother, likes me as much as I like him.

I will never forget all this moment that I have cherished with him and I'll be counting more years together with him. He did asked me to be his girlfriend and guys, I was too stupid if I ACTUALLY reject him. I have liked him more than three years so of course, I want him to be mine. 

I still hide my face in his chest and someone makes us apart from the lovely warm hug moment.

"Yah, both of you! The event is starting!" 
Lee Haena, can you pls not- I hate you. I thought she just laughing at us but then, she continued.

"DON'T WORRY, OPPA! ME and Donghyuck have record and take all pictures nicely so it would be nice if you wanna put it in your room!" 

They even take videos and pictures? 
Everything was planned? 

Whatever.
I'm officially Mark's girlfriend now and will be counting for the future years from now. 

 

 


 

 

so, the story ends like this! idk if it suits your favourite ending but I'm trying my best, guys! actually, the ending is slightly different but i changed it a little. plus, this ending is beter than what i planned before :p

and i've never expected i would post this on Mark's birthday tho <3

Happy birthday, Mark Lee! Its been 19 years old you are living in this world and go through all your days as a newbie teenager. You've worked so hard for your family, NCT and yourself. I've known you for such a long time (since ur rookies show) and I realised you are such a hardworking person. I wish you good luck and keep on doing your best as a NCT member. 

Don't lose your passion, boy ;)) 

Well, happy birthday to you <3
So, for my friend, who I dedicated this ff for, i just hope you enjoy and love it <3 

 

THANKS FOR READING AND SUBSCRIBING! I LOVE EVERYONE WHO ACTUALLY SPEND THEIR TIME TO READ THIS!