chapter 1 - which is hotter : the pizza or the pizza delivery guy

pizza tastes better with you

Jihoon wasn't having any of it, especially at this time in the evening. He wasn’t having the last minute assignments and tests from his professors, he wasn't having the slight headache he already had from reading so much information on Isaac Newton and the creation of calculus, and he definitely wasn't having the possible hangover that could come with Hyungseob in his apartment.

Sadly, Hyungseob had already made his way into his living room through the fire escape and there wasn't much he could do to get him out without pushing him.

Jihoon sighed as he "listened" to his "friend" talk about whatever drama was going on within their group of friends. He could only focus on the large bag at Hyungseob's feet which could either have a body in it or something ten times worse.

"Listen Hyungseob, I'm not drinking your homemade beer again, I have things to do tomorrow."

Hyungseob simply laughed and picked up his bag. "Don't worry, I just brought snacks and movies for our bonding time tonight!"

"Bonding time? How about a little notice before our bonding time, huh? I don't have TIME for bonding time! I have a freaking ten page report due in four hours, so I don't have any damn time at all!!!"

Hyungseob simply smiled and walked towards his kitchen. "You should've started sooner then."

Jihoon simply stared after him as he searched through his kitchen to find God knows what.

Hyungseob turned back towards Jihoon and smiled. "You know, it's been a while. I missed you." Hyungseob walked past Jihoon into the living room with a fresh bag of popcorn while Jihoon simply gawked after his friend. "It's okay, you can look at my ."

Jihoon stared at his friend in horror and scoffed. "Please, who on earth would want to look at that other than Woojin?"

Hyungseob grinned. "That's the spirit, my young friend. Now, would you rather watch The Notebook or The Purge?"

"I'm kind of feeling The-hey wait I have a report to finish. Either shut up or get out."

Hyungseob sighed and pouted slightly. "Boy, I just got here, show some hospitality for once."

Jihoon sighed. "Listen, I'm sorry for being mean, but I do really need to finish this! I-"

Hyungseob laughed. "Did you actually think I was sad? You're so soft."

Jihoon frowned. "Get out."

Hyungseob grinned evilly. "Nope! I'm staying right here!" Jihoon simply glared at him before picking up is laptop and furiously began typing. Hyungseob started watching The Purge while Jihoon continued to work on his essay.

The setup was actually decent, as Hyungseob had placed his snack bags in between the two of them so they could both eat. The only possible problem was the screams emitted by the TV, but Jihoon had grown quite accustomed to drowning noise out, so it wasn't really much of a problem.

About half an hour into the movie and their "bonding time," Hyungseob might have asked him something but Jihoon wasn't really paying attention to him, as all his focus was turned toward Newton's formula for finding the slope of a line. All he knew was that all of Hyungseob's attention that was once on the movie was now on his phone and Jihoon really didn't care about the television bill as long as he managed to mass this course and Hyungseob stayed quiet.

Halfway through the movie and three pages into his report, Hyungseob started to become restless (basically, he couldn't stay quiet in the presence of another human) and Jihoon knew that he'd have to stay concentrated in the presence of his talkative friend if he wanted to pass his class.

Just as he'd predicted, Hyungseob cracked after a full 45 minutes of being quiet (which was a record). "Hey Jihoon, isn't this party a little dry?"

Jihoon didn't look up from his bright laptop screen when he replied-"I told you. No homemade beer."

Hyungseob sighed sadly and was about to say another annoying thing when his loud 'Mr. Chu' ringtone began playing. "Oh! It's Woojin-ie! Gotta answer this!"

Jihoon watched Hyungseob walk into his kitchen and prayed that this phone call with Woojin would take long enough for him to pump out seven more pages plus a bibliography, but sadly his hopes were all in vain when Hyungseob walked back into the room two minutes later. Jihoon watched Hyungseob put down his phone and pick up his bag.

"Sorry about cutting this short, but apparently Daehwi got his head stuck in a fence while saying goodbye to Samuel and Woojin-ie doesn't have enough butter in the house to get him out," he said while picking up his bag. "Plus, Samuel ran away so he's all alone in this."

Jihoon let out a silent sigh of relief at his new freedom and mentally thanked Samuel and Daehwi's love and Woojin's inability to take control of a situation before beginning to help Hyungseob pack his things so he could help Daehwi and Woojin as soon as possible.

Just as he was climbing out the window, Hyungseob turned back to Jihoon. "Oh, I almost forgot! I ordered us a pizza a while ago, so would you mind just paying for it? Thanks, gotta flash!"

Jihoon resorted to simply staring after Hyungseob for what seemed like the millionth time in the span of one hour as he climbed up the fire escape laughing like a hyena. He stared out the window listening to the laughter and screaming that he heard from his upstairs neighbor's fire escape as Hyungseob buttered Daehwi's neck and prayed that someday he'd be able to laugh and have fun when he'd finally finished his first year of classes.

He was snapped out of his daydreaming (it was actually 9:00 at night but he was awake so…) when he heard a knock on his door.

Must be my pizza, he thought to himself bitterly before grabbing his wallet from his pocket. He quickly crossed his apartment and opened the door to see the most beautiful image he'd ever seen.

It was a boy. An incredibly attractive boy wearing the Wanna Slice Pizzeria uniform smiling at him while holding a small pizza box and a helmet. 'Oh my god he's gorgeous - Why did Hyungseob have to leave - ABORT MISSION - Wait what mission??? Wha -'

"-Scuse me, mister? Are you alright?"

'He speaks! His voice is so deep and cool. Wowie I love life!' "Yeah, I'm fine, sorry."

The boy - Jinyoung, as his nametag said - smiled. "It's fine. This'll be $10.95, Hyungseob!"

'Hyungseob?' thought Jihoon. 'Well he did order it, I'll just correct him. Because he has the wrong name, not because I want him to know me. Right.' "My name is actually Jihoon!"

Jinyoung looked shocked. "Oh, I'm sorry, did I get the wrong room number?"

"No, no, no! Right room, wrong name."

Jinyoung looked relieved. "Ah, thank goodness. I was worried there!"

Jihoon laughed. "It's fine, you're cute!" 'Wait, WHAT???'

Jinyoung turned slightly pink as he held out the pizza. "Uh, thanks…That'll be $10.95…"

Jihoon felt his own face redden. "Sorry, uh here…" He handed him a twenty dollar bill. "Keep the change."

Jinyoung smiled. "Thanks, enjoy your pizza!"

"Yeah, you too."

Jinyoung cocked his head and Jihoon could feel his brain explode as he rapidly closed the door and leaned against it. Muffled by the door, he heard a quiet "Thanks?" before Jinyoung began to walk away.

Jihoon sighed. He usually wasn't like that around attractive people, as he was rather attractive himself, but Jinyoung looked so perfect standing there with a pizza that he somehow managed to become attracted to him, even though he had only uttered a mere thirty nine words to Jihoon.

He sighed again and walked to the living room of his apartment where The Purge still played on the television. He placed down the pizza and simply stared at the content of his essay before slowly continuing to write his forth page.

~~~~~~

By 11:30 he was wrapping up his eighth page of absolute nonsense when he heard the window creaking open. "What did I miss?"

"Get out Hyungseob."