Final

CELEBRATION

“Girl look at this outrage, hell no, you need to see this”

 

Your friend ,Jessi, says walking over to you while drinking her juice and scrolling down her instagram feed.

 

You turn your head to her as she sits on the arm couch next you. She shakes her head and scoffs at the picture’s on your boyfriend’s page. Curious about all the fuss she’s making, you lean in closely and see the pictures he has just uploaded.

 

The pictures, posted five minutes ago, show him partying in a club in Seoul. He’s holding a bottle of Cîroc and laughing with a couple of girls around him. Your eyes widen as you snatch the phone from Jessi’s hands and scroll down to see a video of him dancing to Zico’s “Artist”. He’s surrounded by women that you’ve never seen and he seems to be having a great time. You look down at the tags and it reads #Zicosalbumparty, you immediately roll your eyes. Zico’s party album my , you think. He told you that he’d be out with Zico and that he wouldn’t be home to see you. You figured that he was upset, since you and him argued last night, over stupid things.

 

You are fed up with his party habits. He’s turning into a stay-out-all-the-time and you don’t know how long the two of you will last.

 

Jessi watches you as you squeeze her phone in your hands. You’re pissed and by the look on your face, you’re gonna do something about it. She takes the phone away from your hands and asks you what you’ll do. You only look at her and say “revenge”

 

You clench your fist and get up, heading over to your room. You’re determined to show him that two can play this game. Jessi follows you worried. Her eyes widen at another post but she hides it from you. She figures that it’s best to not revel what she has seen. You, open the wardrobe and search for your best dress. Jessi takes a seat and watches you.

 

“Girl, are you sure you wanna do this?”

 

You turn your head. “I’m already doing it”

 

Jessi’s not sure if it’s the right move, specially after what she has seen.

 

“I don’t know maybe you should--”

 

“Jessi, I’ve already made up my mind, I don’t wanna talk about it” you groan.

 

Jessi sighs and helps you. When you’re done dressing and getting your hair and make up done, she follows you to the door and tries to talk you out of it, but you ignore her.

 

 

You enter the club easily because security knows you’re Dean’s girl. You head straight to the bar, after some guys whistle and holla at you. You take a seat and pull your overly tight dress down. A handsome bartender comes up to you and asks what you’ll have. You ask for a tequila with a pink umbrella. He nods and get’s your drink. While waiting you look up to the VIP area and just as you suspected, Dean’s leaning against a rail, drinking beer and laughing with his friends. You immediately recognize a few. They’re Gray, Jay, Chase, Zico and Mino. You become pissed and just as you’re about to leave the bar, your drink arrives. You drink it down in one gulp and gasp. You’re feeling angry and disappointed at the same time. You decide to head to the bathroom to redo your make up. Inside you rest both hands on the sink and watch your reflection on the mirror. Ideas of Dean cheating on you surface and you sigh, curving down to drink water. You inhale and put on your red lipstick, his favorite. Then, you head out to the dancefloor and start dancing.

 

You know that Dean will spot you easily, because you stand out from the rest of the Korean girls around. You dance to DayDay’s “Call me” and suddenly you feel a pressure on your back, as if someone’s watching you. You turn and smile victoriously. Dean is watching you and he doesn’t like what he’s seeing. You notice as Zico’s talking to him but he’s not paying attention. His eyes are focused on you and his beer is spilling down. A few girls downstairs are yelling and complaining at him, but he’s completely frozen. Jay chimes in and takes the bottle away from his hands. He follows his gaze and spots you. He starts laughing and tells Zico to leave him be. Both head off and you decide to disappear into the crowd. When you fade into the crowd of people dancing, Dean immediately rushes down the stairs and goes looking for you.

 

You hide in a small corridor. It’s narrow and there’s no one around but you. The ceiling lights are neon and the floor’s covered in a red carpet. You lean against the wall and sigh, closing your eyes with a hand over your heart. Dean must be circling the entire club looking for you. He has already called but you didn’t answer. You want him to feel what you feel every time he goes out at night. Just as you whirl around to leave the small corridor, a hand pulls you back. You squirm and you’re pushed against the wall. You look up and it’s Dean. He traps you with both hands and looks deep into your eyes.

 

“What are you doing here, like this?” he asks, scanning your dress.

 

He’s not happy to see you this y in public.

 

You roll your eyes and try to shove him aside but he doesn’t allow you to leave.

 

You end up folding your arms like a child. “What are you going do to with me?” you ask.

 

He smirks. “I should probably be pissed and punish you but not tonight”

 

You scoff. “Punish me? You’re the one partying and posting pictures with hoes”

 

“Oh, those pictures. That’s actually from an MV” he explains with a chuckle. “Were you jealous?” he adds with a teasing tone.

 

“N-No, of course not. But it doesn’t look anywhere like an MV. Why are you always staying at clubs? Is it all MV’s?” you ask ironically.

 

Dean looks at you and laughs brightly. “Yes, I’ve been to a few parties but you know that I’m not always partying babe. Those pictures are kinda old. I’ve been busy at the studio and only had time to post them now”

 

You feel your cheeks warm up. Apparently he’s been on the studio and you came here to tear him down and he’s... innocent.

 

“Stop lying” you insist.

 

You don’t wanna go down that easily.

 

He rolls his eyes and fishes out his phone from his pocket. He unlocks it and shows you a few messages on Kakao. You take his phone and see his friends telling him to go home to you and that you must be worried. One of the messages is from Jay and Dean has sent him an audio of a song that he’s been working on. You feel stupid and embarrassed.

 

He takes the phone back and slides his hands down your waist, pulling you into a hug. You hold him tight.

 

“Do you believe me now?” He asks and pecks your neck.

 

You feel chills and nod your head. “Yeah, I’m sorry I doubted you babe” You say and hold his hand.

 

Both of you exit the hall and head into the dance floor and dance the night away.