Chapter 19

He Left His Mark // BTS

Taehyung

 

Taehyung picked his phone up when it rang. He was surprised to hear Yoongi cry. His hyung rarely cried. 

"Taehyung-ah..." he started. 

"Hyung! Is everything okay? What happened?!" he shouted through the phone.

"Everything is alright, I just wanted to tell someone and I instinctively pressed your number, I..." There was a moment of silence. Taehyung gave some time to his hyung to sniff and take one last breath before talking again. "I got a call." he finally said. 

Taehyung had no idea what Yoongi was talking about. "What kind of call" he asked. 

Yoongi chuckled. "The call." he vaguely answered. "I finally got a contract call from an agency." he said and Taehyung could imagine his hyung smiling. 

An agency?! That meant...

"Hyung, congratulations!" Taehyung shrieked. "See? I told you you'd become successful!" Taehyung was almost in tears. 

"Yeah, but the thing is..." Yoongi started and Taehyung paused jumping up and down. "...They said I have to go train for some time." 

Yoongi had to go? 

"But we can still see each other, right? I mean, you'll still be in Seoul."

Yoongi sighed. "I will. However, they said that the schedule will be too tight and I probably won't have time to see my friends. I will be too lucky if I ever have some time." Yoongi explained. 

I don't care if it's only once, but I have to be able to see you, Taehyung said, but Yoongi didn't hear him. 

Yoongi laughed. "Isn't it ironic? I went to the military just to be done with it and have more time for you... and Jeongguk." Taehyung now realised why Yoongi was upset. ", even when I get my chance I have to give up on something else. Again." 

Taehyung wanted to comfort Yoongi, but he was angry at their luck. 

"I know I'm letting you guys down again. If you want me to stay, then I-"

"No, don't!" Taehyung interrupted. "If you don't go I'll hate myself for holding you back. Go and make us proud." Taehyung encouraged Yoongi. "Even if we don't get to see each other for some time, we can still facetime or at least call! Or even text! I will make sure we don't lose touch."

Yoongi smiled. "Thank you." he said. "You're the best at making me feel nice." Yoongi admits. 

"Where are you now?" Taehyung asks. 

"I was getting ready to go grab some ice cream, but the I saw the e-mail and called you..." Yoongi replies. 

"Let's go get ice cream together. Let's not waste any more quality time." 

"Will you tell Jeongguk?" Yoongi asks.

"Can I?" Taehyung asks for permission. "Okay, then. See you there!" he says when Yoongi agrees and hangs up. 

 

-

 

After he'd called Jeongguk, Taehyung was on his way to the younger boy's house. He'd agreed to bring Jeongguk, since the ice cream café was only one block away from Yoongi's appartment. 

He passed before a lot of stores and rastaurants, when went through the main road. 

As he was strolling through the different stores, something caught his eye. A silver chain was being displayed in one of the shops' windows. 

It was simple. Just a circular bracelet made out of metal. It was food for thought for Taehyung. Why would anyone buy a silver chain?

"Can I help you, son?" an old lady came out of the store. "Ah!" she exclaimed. "You're looking at the infinity chain..." she smiled. 

"'Infinity chain'?" Taehyung repeated quizically and looked at everything around him, but the lady, in thought. 

"Yes, that's what it's called." she said and grabbed the chain. "You see, when you twist the bracelet around you can never tell wehere it starts and when it ends. It's symbolic. she said as she played with the chain. "It means that no matter where you are, you and the person who has this will eternaly be connected. No matter what future brings you, you'll always find your way back to each other." 

Taehyung thought of it as fate. He'd only thought of Yoongi hyung up until he ended up here. Eternity bracelet, huh? 

"Are you thinking of your girlfriend?" the lady asked. Her eyes could almost not be seen thanks to her big smile. 

"What? No." Taehyung waved his arms. "It's just for a friend. He's..." Taehyung hesitated for a while. Someone is leaving me again...

"Oh! Well, are you going to buy it?" she asked, her cheeks red with embarassment. 

Taehyung thought about it for a second. Would that be okay? What if Yoongi didn't like it? He sure would be embarassed himself.

"Yes, please."

 

-

 

"How long are you staying, hyung?" Jeongguk asked. 

"I still have a few days until I go." Yoongi replied. 

"Oh, okay. Where are you staying?" the younger one asked again. 

"I'll be staying in a dorm with other trainees. I'll train with them for a while and when I'm done, the company will choose whether I go solo, join a band slash group or not." Yoongi explained to Jeongguk. 

Taehyung had missed most of the conversation, since he was to distracted by a small gift sachet he had in his pocket. 

Should he keep it there or would the chain break if he hit it somewhere? When should he give it to him? 

He started to feel a little nauseous. "Taehyung, are you okay? You're a little pale..." Jeongguk pointed out. 

"Yeah, I'm fine..." Taehyung almost whispered. "I'l go to the restroom. Be back in a few." he said and quickly got up. 

A few seconds later, he stood in front of the restroom's mirror. He splashed some water on his face and rested his hands on the counter. 

He doesn't know why he's startled. It's just a small temporary-goodbye gift. He takes the bracelet and looks at it. It's pretty.

He quickly puts it away when...

"Taehyungie?" Yoongi shyly enters the restroom. "Is everything okay? Are you not feeling well? We can leave if you want." Yoongi now stands in front of Taehyung next to the shink. 

"No, it's alright." Taehyung reassures him. "Hyung..."

"Yes?"

It's now or never, he thinks. He takes Yoongi's hand in his hand and his hyung has a surprised expression on his face. Then with his other hand he places the chain around Yoongi's wrist. 

"What...?" Yoongi breathes.

"It's a gift." Taehyung smiles. "It means that wherever you are we will always be togeether, connected in heart."

Yoongi still looks surprised. His mouth shape slowly turns into a thankful smile and his eyes start to tear up. "This is so touching..." he starts. "Thanks." Yoongi quickly embraces Taehyung and sqeezes him. 

Taehyung is taked aback at first, but at the same time he feels happy. Pure happiness. 

Yoongi almost let's go of Taehyung. But instead he looks into his eyes. 

Before Taehyung realizes it, Yoongi presses his lips against his. 

Yoongi's lips are soft, kind of like cotton candy. Taehyung closes his, up until then, wide open eyes and responds ot Yoongi's kiss. 

Taehyung's back is now pressed against the restroom's wall, as he and Yoongi battle for dominance. 

Yoongi pulls away, onlt to look in Taehyung's eyes once more. "You have no idea how long I've wanted to do this." He says and kisses Taehyung again. 

When they finally stop, they are both out of breath. "Hyung." Taehyung's voice comes out even deeper. I think you've got an issue..."

Yoongi looks down at his pants. There is surely a bulge. His cheeks flare up. "I'm sorry, Tae. Oh my God, uhm... Well, I don't know what to say about this." he stutters. 

Taehyung laughs. "Want me to take care of it?" Taehyung even shocks himself. 

"You don't mean...? Here?!" Yoongi asks. "No, not here, my appartment would be better. What about Jeongguk?" Yoongi is obviously a little embarassed, but Taehyung can see the glisten in his eyes. 

Taehyung smirks. He's getting excited about this. "Just text him and tell him that I was not feeling well and you took me home." he says and kisses Yoongi on the soft spot between his ear, getting his his excited member to grow impatiently in his pants. 

"Y-yeah, that's a good idea." Yoongi says, heavily breathing as Taehyung doesn't stop for a single moment. He takes his phone out. "I'll do that." 

 

-

 

Jeongguk

 

"What do I do with the ice cream now?" Jeongguk asks himself when he gets a message from his hyungs. 

Apparently, Taehyung was not feeling well and Jeongguk had to set his priorities straight. 

"There's so much! I can't eat this alone..." he stops and thinks what he said. "Or can I?" he shakes his head. "Jeon Jeongguk! You have been have been given a lifetime of life! Don't become fat! You need to be healthy and by eating too much ice cream you'll be unhealthy! I don't want to go to the hospital again!" 

...and then he ate the ice cream. 

Don't people eat too much ice crea, when they're feeling sad? Or when they're feeling lonely? Or just when they're hungry? 

His phone rang and snapped him out of his thoughts. He quicklt picked it up and spoke first. "Hello?"

"You told me to call if i found anything." Jimin said and Jeongguk stopped eating his ice cream.