A Dragon, A Butterfly

My Captain Kwon❤️
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Monday / February 26 

D-1 before Jiyong's enlistment

 

It was Monday night in Korea. Jiyong just got back from Jeju to Seoul while I got from Tokyo to Seoul. I came to Japan this morning to support my hoobaes SHINee's 1ST day "From Now On" concert, then came back to Korea the same day.

 

He was seated on the bed with his back supported by the headboard. Playing with his hair, I was straddling him between my legs, with our faces only inches apart making it easier for the both of us to steal kisses between our talks. Tonight was Jiyong's last day in Seoul for he would be serving the country as an active duty soldier in Gangwon province.  

 

"Promise me you'll marry me once I get discharged?" Jiyong held my hands, kissed it, and clasped it together with his. I knitted my eyebrows for a while while thinking. As soon as I got what he was trying to do, I pouted cutely. "Are you proposing right now? I'm kind of... disappointed."

 

Jiyong stole a kiss on my lips and giggled at me. He then pulled my one hand and looked closely at it and smiled meaningfully. "Why? Does it look empty? Do you want me to put a ring on it?"


"Silly." I rolled my eyes and hit his shoulder lightly.

 

"Not yet. But it may be sooner than what you are expecting," assured Jiyong while his hands pushed my body closer to him and rested his hands on my hips.


"O-Okay." I tried to sound fine but my voice didn't cooperate. Jiyong earned a glare from me when I saw him smirking.

 

Tomorrow once you wake up, you'll be surprised, Tae.

 

To make myself comfortable, I adjusted myself closer to him so we could be glued to each other. Like every other woman who lives in a fantasy world, I was expecting a not-so-grand proposal from him. I am not materialistic but hey, he's Kwon Jiyong, the only man who spoils me a lot. He made me used to his surprises that's why I have high expectations to him. I was disappointed because I thought he was about to claim what's his, propose to me, and we'll get married eventually after his military service. But it seemed that I would have to wait. For two years. Okay.

 

I brushed those thoughts off when I found Jiyong's lips very attractive at that moment. I stared at his eyes and shifted my gaze to his lips. Surprising him, I threw my arms on his nape and gave him a short and sweet kiss. "I love you, Ji." I circled kisses on his face starting on his forehead, temple, cheek on both sides, and lastly on the lips. 


We smiled at each other sincerely and he returned the same affection. Jiyong brushed his lips against my bare shoulder, giving me light kisses. I shuddered when his lips touched my skin – this is one of the things I would miss. We'd been kissing, making out, and love-making since I came back from Tokyo. 


"What if I met another guy while you're away, hmmm?" I asked as I caressed his ears whilst his fingers were playing with mine. I then looked at him straight in the eyes, half-serious of my question. He frowned and turned possesive.


"You'll meet others but you can't meet someone close to perfect like Kwon Jiyong. And! And I have my eyes on you, Kim Taeyeon. Don't you ever entertain rats." Jiyong looked serious and I chuckled at his face.  "Only entertain a dragon." And I laughed more when he said that.

 

"Idiot." I cursed.


"A handsome idiot. A loving idiot. With an idiot girlfriend."

 

I puffed. I cupped his soft, chubby cheeks and kissed the tip of his nose .

 

"I love you."

 

I didn't know how many times I told him that for today but all I knew was I mean it. I always will. I truly love Kwon Jiyong and I wouldn't get tired of loving him.

 

"ILY, too," he replied shortly and I didn't get it was.

 

"What?"

 

"I said ILY, TOO."

 

I L Y... ILY? As in short for I Love You? Huh, the nerve of this man! 

 


"Ah so this is the trend now? I told you I love you and you replied me with only the initials? Sure. Sure, babe."


"Just kidding, babe. Of course, I love you too."

 

Jiyong tilted his head and was about to peck my lips but I pushed him, glaring.

 

"You're always teasing me the past few days and I'm getting irritated! I HATE YOU!"

 

I stood out and leave him alone in the bed and walked to the kitchen. I was annoyed! He followed right behind me and in a matter of seconds, I felt his arms wrapped on my waist and his chin resting on my shoulder.


"I'm sorry, Tae. It's because I want to make more memories before I go so there will be moment of us that I have to reminisce whenever I'm missing you," Jiyong softly spoke to me and my heart melted. The effect he had on me was just overwhelming. Oh God, I love this man very much. My whole being says so.


Pouting, I faced him as my hands were still holding unto the counter bar for support. Our eyes met and I acted cutely in front of him. "Hmm... Still, shouldn't you make me laugh and not annoy?"

 

He just smiled at me and embraced me tightly. My face was buried in the corner of his neck and shoulder while he was sniffing the scent of my hair. We stayed like this for good seconds 'til I found myself speaking, staring deeply at those beautiful brown orbs. I'm worried over him because the place he would be serving for two years is the border or South and North Korea. 


"Take care of yourself there. Promise me you'll come back alive to me. Promise me, Jiyong."

 

Smiling, he held my hands and brought it to his heart. Then he began saying his vow, a solemn yet ert-kind of vow.

 

"I'll come back alive, safe and sound, as the same Kwon Jiyong you know, but of course with a well-toned body. I am going to be so hot and you're going to be so wet once you see me. We're still going to get married though, make love more, and make dragonfly babies."

 

I laughed at his self-praise and he did too. 

 

But wait... "Ji, what's a dragonfly? Isn't that an insect?" 

 

"Babe, don't you get it? I'm a dragon, you're a butterfly. We make a dragonfly together," Jiyong explained to me while grinning.

 

 

A dragon, a butterfly...

Dragonfly.

Corny but he had a point.

 

 

 

"We're on second year but I didn't expect that you are this corny." I was suppressing myself to laugh yet I still managed to let out a chuckle. I admitted it was corny but Jiyong's joke didn't fail to bring butterflies on my stomach.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter