Day 2

We got a baby boy (for a week)!

Day 2 - 9 AM

 

Daniel planned on skipping class today, not wanting to haul his two babies up to uni and then regret his poor decision making skill come lunch time.

 

But Woojin has been behaving so nicely since he arrived, and Seongwoo really does live up to his claims and has proven that he does have a natural talent for taking care of babies.

 

Woojin was being such a dream boy that he didn’t even let out a peep of cries last night (that might be because Seongwoo came to the rescue and got him back to bed in a snap, while Daniel was snoring along like nothing ever happened). He doesn’t even seem to be bothered that his mom was nowhere to be seen. All it took for the little one to smile was having one good look of his uncles’ faces (one by blood and one by illegal adoption).

 

Yena will be piiiiissed.

 

She did sound a bit annoyed when Daniel told her over the phone that Woojin was going along just fine. (“Did you trust me your son just to see me struggle.” “No. Maybe. Yes.” “Be glad I love you two so much because I’m just this far from calling child services.”)

 

But well, Daniel got his beauty sleep, Woojin just ate his breakfast, and Seongwoo’s camera was fully charged. So there they were, the three of them, huddled at the front corner of Daniel’s ‘drug and addiction’ lecture. Daniel was trying his best to take notes and to not let Seongwoo’s quiet coos plus Woojin’s blubbers plus the soft whirring of Seongwoo’s camcorder to distract him from what was happening right in front of him.

 

He told Seongwoo to wait outside in the garden, it was a good day anyway. But Seongwoo was persistent that the wind was too much for his little bird and no he didn’t want to wait in the library because ‘it smells like my grandma in there’.

 

(The fact that little Woojin wouldn’t let go of his vice grip on Daniel’s sleeve was also a big reason why he relented and let the two of them into the lecture hall.)

 

“Since when did you two have a baby?” Sungwoon the lecturer assistant tried to humor him when Daniel walked to the front to return the electronic clicker at the end of the class. The guy was never a nosy person, but it was hard not to be nosy when oddness was staring right at your face.

 

“Since yesterday.”

 

Daniel glanced back at his two babies when he heard Sungwoon let out a tiny giggle, and saw the two of them being surrounded by half of the female (and a quarter of the male) population of his lecture. From the look on their face, it was clear that they loved the attention.

 

Oh god oh Lord oh he’s taking after Jinki.


 

_ _ _ _ _


 

Day 2 - 12 PM

 

He couldn’t believe it.

 

He couldn’t believe how fast the rumour spread, just like wildfire in the middle of the drought season.

 

It started off as an innocent and accurate ‘oh that’s Daniel’s nephew, isn’t he cute?’ But in less than three hours, it quickly got twisted into ‘Daniel and Seongwoo finally moved in together and adopted a child.’

 

“It was you, wasn’t it.” He stole his glares at Seongwoo at the same time as trying to bounce Woojin on his laps, keeping the baby calm and entertained while they were having their lunch in the cafeteria. “I left you two just for an hour and this is what I came back to. Amazing. Wow. I can’t believe it.”

 

Seongwoo looked up from his laptop with a piece of celery jutting out from his mouth, “I mean, isn’t it the truth.”

 

Daniel tried not to mind the gigglish whispering of two girls walking past their table and continued on, “we are not… I mean, not yet. You know I don’t like it if our… thing got blown out of proportion.”

 

Seeing how distressed Daniel was looking, Seongwoo took an instant pity of him. A maternal instinct well honed, as it seemed. He got up from his seat and made his way around the table, pulling up a chair just beside Daniel’s, “come on, it’s gonna be ok.”

 

“Seongwoo I’m,-”

 

But with Seongwoo’s arm slung lazily around his shoulders, pulling him back so that Daniel was leaning against his chest, Daniel once again couldn’t find it in him to continue his argument.

 

Seongwoo perched his chin on Daniel’s shoulder and his lips were just an exhale away from his neck. And Woojin, Woojin was facing them, one hand holding a carrot stick and the other holding Seongwoo’s fingers.

 

They must’ve looked so sweet (and picturesque, and utterly enviable) that Daniel just couldn’t help but let out an embarrassed, but happy, smile.


 

_ _ _ _ _


 

Day 2.5 - 2 AM

 

Daniel was just about to take a shower, after chipping at his assignments and washing the dishes and putting the dirty clothes in the washing machine and prepping for breakfast and… you know, all the deal, when he heard a succession of loud yells coming from his bedroom.

 

“WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT HAPPENED?!” He didn’t even care about the two senior couple residing at the unit under him when Daniel barged into his room like a terrified mother elephant.

 

Only to be greeted by the most baffling of scenes.

 

Woojin was laughing, hysterically. His old diaper discarded, dirty side down, on the floor and he was waving the new one around like it was a trophy for some really important achievement. Then there was Seongwoo, yelling, almost crying, a towel over his face as he moaned, “he pissed all over my face!”

 

He shouldn’t have laughed. A sensible person would have patted the victim on his back and help him clean up. But sensible people are rare beings in this world and so he did what a normal person would do.

 

Daniel joined his nephew and he laughed so hard he fell on his knees with tears running down his eyes.

 

“Stop reminding me of that.”

 

Thirty minutes later, after they’d all calmed down and Seongwoo had managed to bring Woojin back from his laughter induced sudden burst of energy (and the dirty diaper situation was solved, cleaned, and the floor mopped), they all finally could lay down on the bed and turn in for the night.

 

But Daniel still would break out to giggles every five minutes or so and Seongwoo was getting a bit too embarrassed to just let it slide.

 

“I can’t help it, it’s hilarious.”

 

Seongwoo only huffed to that and rolled himself away from Daniel. It was the second day of him staying over and it’s magical how it only took Daniel one good day to just allow it to happen without Seongwoo having to beg him for it. It was even Daniel who asked Seongwoo to leave all his editings for tomorrow morning and to just join him in bed.

 

“Aww come on don’t be such a pissy pants,” Daniel tried to win back his tantrum throwing man-baby with a few pokes and pinches, but he gave up after seeing no end to Seongwoo’s head shaking like an upset toddler.

 

“Well… if that’s what you want.”

 

Daniel silently counted to see how long it took for Seongwoo to gave up his childish front. 30 seconds. Took him half a minute before Seongwoo quietly snuck up behind Daniel and draped his arm around his waist, snuggling his face to Daniel’s freshly washed hair.

 

“Love you,” Seongwoo mumbled out two and a half minutes later in his sleep laden voice. Daniel knew. He counted.

 

“Hm... me too.”

 
 


A/N: So at first I planned to make them to be in some kind of 'a friend but there's something there' relationship, but then I was like "you know what, life is short." and made them into a couple LOL