one

Lovely distraction

It's Sunday evening, you had just finished your exercise and was making yourself a cup of tea. The sun was setting, painting the sky with fascinating colours of orange and pink. You took your phone and snapped a picture of yourself with the sunset behind you and sent it to Yongguk. “fancy a picnic at the Han river? I miss you...” You stared at the text for several seconds before changing it “The sunset is beautiful” you looked at it for several seconds again before changing it back to the first text and pressing send. You then sat back and enjoyed your tea while waiting for your boyfriend to reply.

An hour passed and no reply was in sight. You immediately knew what that meant. You looked at your kitchen and got up to prepare a lunch box, knowing well that Yongguk hasn’t had lunch yet even though it’s dinner time. You made some Kimchi stir fried rice and tuna kimbap, packed them and went to change your clothes. 15 mins later you were off to your boyfriend’s work place.

The sun had already set when you arrived at the studio, leaving the sky in a beautiful transition between beautiful orange and purple that will turn to darkness in few minutes’ time. Taking your lunch box in your arms, you made your way to the elevator and pressed number 3 to where the studio is located.

Sliding your slim body through the small gap of the door, you made your way inside the small room making sure to make no sound at all. The studio was dimly lit and full of musical equipment. There was no one to be seen, yet you knew that behind that giant chair and in front of all those buttons, your boyfriend was working on songs for his upcoming album. You took a few steps to the side and admired his side profile without disturbing him. This continued for a few minutes and you knew he won't notice you until you make your presence clear. You loved seeing him concentrating on making music, bobbing his head up and down while fidgeting with his pen, writing and scratching away words. You knew that as much this physically drained him, nothing could make Yongguk happier than making music and enjoying sport.

“your neck will hurt if you keep looking down like that” you smiled, making your way to him and setting his lunchbox at his desk. His head shot up and a smile quickly spread on his face. “oh sweet, you came?” his eyes were red from fatigue and he looked like he lost weight since you last saw him, which was last week. “mm, are you writing lyrics?” You stood behind him and started massaging his neck. He threw his head back and closed his eyes to enjoy your massage. You’ve always been good at giving massages and he absolutely loved that about you. Your touch was like magic and you always knew where the pain is and how to relieve it without him having to tell you. “I this really cool idea but I can’t put it all in words and it’s been pissing me off” he took your hand in his and pulled you to sit on his lap, wrapping his arm around you and making you face him. You noticed again how tired his face looks. “Sweet, when was the last time you ate?” concern was visible in your voice and he noticed so he smiled at you proudly “I’ve had my breakfast AND brunch today, mind you” he said with a beautiful smile before quickly stealing a kiss. You looked around and spotted a bag of waffles on his desk and took it in your hand “is this what you call a brunch?” you said, amused “also, it’s well past 10pm, your ‘brunch’ is fully digested by now” he unwrapped his arms from your waist and took his phone to look at the time “Ok, before you scold me, I swear it was 3PM like… 15mins ago” his baffled look was to adorable for you to get mad at him. You knew he didn’t notice the time when he was in the studio and you stopped getting mad about it. He opened your picture and smiled “so pretty..” you blushed slightly and smiled. “the sunset” He added after seeing your reaction. Your smile faded and you playfully slapped his arm before trying to get up to get his lunchbox. He pulled you back “I’m kidding, where’s my kiss?” You kissed him and tried to get his lunch again but he pulled you back for another kiss then rested his head on your chest. “I made you some fried rice and kimbap, eat it and we’ll have a quick nap” His head shot up at the mention of your cooking. It was no secret that you were  bad  no, a terrible cook, but he never rejected anything you made him until you learned to properly cook Korean food. Now he enjoys your food more than anyone else’s.

You opened his lunchbox for him and handed him a pair of chopsticks before walking around the studio to pick up some of his clothes that were laying around. He sometimes took spare clothes for when he spends more than a night at the studio. You then picked up his papers and looked at them. As usual, you understood absolutely nothing of the musical notes so you skipped to the lyrics immediately. That too, was too advanced Korean for you so you put it down and went to face him. “Can we have that picnic tomorrow?” you knew he wouldn’t get out of the studio unless you drag him out of it. Not until every song in the album was complete and he was well content with it. He didn’t reply and took another bite of rice in his mouth before leaning back and looking at you. You took the chance to give him your best puppy face. He sighed and looked back at his food. “I would love to, sweet, but I really have to finish this first” your shoulders dropped in disappointment. You knew what you were signing up for before you started this relationship yet you couldn’t help being disappointed every time again. He noticed your disappointment and was quick to add “but how about this, I will promise you to come straight back home tomorrow. And I won’t make it late. Let’s have a movie night, you pick the movie” he tried to persuade you, which wasn’t a difficult task at all. “fine” you smiled at him and stole a kimbap “But not Harry Potter again” he laughed “BUT! actually fine, we’ll watch something else, something more recent” you agreed and he smiled in delight. “how about now? Will you return home now or do you want to go back to work?” it was a rhetorical question and you both knew it. He looked up and held his bowl in his hand “all done, thank you sweet” he smiled an apologetic smile because he’s not returning home any time soon. “good. Do you want me to bring you breakfast too or ...?” “no, I’ll go home in the morning, you rest” he took your hand and kissed it.

You made your way to the door but stopped mid-way. “Please sleep.. a solid minimum of at least 7 hours” you pleaded him. He couldn’t always help it. He worked the best at night, which made him neglect his sleep to the point that it became his usual body-rhythm. “Ok, I promise. Once I finish this, I will go home and sleep then come to you. I’ll take a day off tomorrow” He promised but you knew that isn’t going to happen. He’ll have a reason to come to the studio last minute and work for at least 4 hours but you didn’t mind that anymore. As long as he came to you at the end of the day. “Good. I’ll wait for you” You gave him a final kiss and headed back home.

 

 

 

===

I planned to make this a one shot, but i might make another chapter to this, not sure tho. 

please give me some feedback to know how to improve in the future ^^ 

love y'all x