Chapter 1

Couple Variety

Jungkook smirked at the explanation, or well, the lack of one. 6 idols put in these closed spaces and then… something. Only the writers and MC’s knew. It was a fun set up.

 

“Viewers, prepare yourselves! Now, please lift up the curtains!” Leeteuk spoke up.

 

The lights brightened and he looked around to the different camera visible to him. The side panels blocked everything else.

The setting reminded him of his inexperience with it. It was rare that Bangtan were ever on variety shows actually. Since they'd hit their stride and started touring it was put aside. The public knew them enough for their music to sell well and they were immensely popular around the world as well. So why bother with variety… That kind of thinking prevailed and didn't really seem to harm them.

Bangtan had done well.

 

“Yaaah… Isn't this too much?” Defconn smiled.

“Really. This is totally unexpected.” Heechul laughed as he pointed.

“How - I mean? Is this possible?” Leeteuk gasped excessively.

 

Seven years had passed since their debut and successful as they were, the members were moving into their own personal fields. Namjoon was releasing his own albums while writing for the company. Jimin was trying to start up his company and Jin was getting more roles. They promoted less often and that left Jungkook with time. So, at 23, he'd be releasing his first solo album.

 

“Really, this might cause a scandal?” Defconn swung his head around to the staff.

“These pairings… Ahhh.” Heechul looked straight at Jungkook and then directly next to him.

 

It was unsettling for him to be back in this atmosphere again, but games always helped.

He smiled more obviously, showing his excitement more physically. Exaggerated reactions were a good thing on variety.

 

“So, if the men turn to their right and the women turn to their left. We’ll be showing you your chosen one in a minute! Our staff is bringing you the item for your game now.” Leeteuk explained.

 

Jungkook swiveled lightly on his stool. He realised it was a couple game. Not what he'd expected but not the worst thing really. A few staff members came running out to the stalls. The one who came to him placed a covered plate on his table and asked he wait till they said to open it.

 

“The men should take their items now!”

It was a simple game. Transferring the pieces of paper using only your mouth and competing against the other groups.  Nothing groundbreaking but actually something he hadn't tried before. The only attempt having been stopped by Yoongi cough on the first turn.

 

Jungkook lifted up the first piece and pursed his lips. He tried to get a feel for the game, testing out how to best hold on to the paper.

 

“Now, face your partner! The game will begin as soon as you see them.” The MC’s shouted in unison, smiling.


The side curtain pulled apart and in front of him was the modelling star. Kim Seolhyun.