Chapter 4

Before Eunsook, there was Sookie
Please log in to read the full chapter

AN: This is the final part. Thank you so much for reading :)

 

 

A phone chimes on the nightstand, waking up Jonghyun. His hand fumbles in the direction of the phone and he grabs the offending item. He opens his eyes to check the phone, momentarily blinded from the light of the phone screen.

“It’s your phone.” Jonghyun says groggily as he hands Gwi her phone.

He snuggles back into her, wrapping his hand around her waist.

“Who is it? What time is it?” Jonghyun asks yawning.

“It’s Sookie. Go back to sleep, Jonghyun.” Gwi gives him a small kiss on his forehead and Jonghyun falls back to sleep with a couple incoherent murmurs.

 

E: I am the chickeniest chicken in the known universe. Gwi, please kill me and put me out of my misery.

G: Sook, it is 430AM. I will.

G: What happened?

E: I accidentally slept with him again.

G: Accidentally? Like you fell and landed on his ?

E: Ew, gross and shut up.

E: And I still haven’t told him.

G: Sookie, what? So you banged him and then just left?

E: Basically...yes.

G: This is going to end well.

Eunsook can feel Gwi’s disapproval through the phone and she closes her eyes, sighing deeply, in the taxi.

 

 

Minho’s brother calls him a couple of hours later and asks if Minho can take Yoogeun to school again. Minho couldn’t go back to sleep after Sookie had left anyway, so he agrees. He takes a shower after his morning workout and replays all of his encounters with Yoogeun’s teacher/ Sookie. As he showers, his confusion becomes anger and even though cold water was running down his body, he can feel his skin is hot, heated from within. He thinks, no, he deserves an explanation as to what was going on. Are they the same person or not? If they were one and the same, why had she lied about not knowing him? The more Minho thinks the more convinced he is that he is at least owed this.

Minho continues to vibrate with heat when he arrives at his brother and sister-in-law’s house to pick Yoogeun up. He decides to text Jonghyun later to see if Jonghyun can arrange for him and Sookie to meet, since he didn’t have her phone number, another sore point.

Minho and Yoogeun arrive at school. Minho finishes talking to Yoogeun to make sure he has his lunch and telling him who was doing today’s pick-up. Yoogeun scampers inside the school doors and the smile Minho had on his face falls immediately when he sees Eunsook in the front office through the window in the door, wearing a different cardigan and knee-length skirt. The simmering heat Minho had felt all morning ignites, he is livid and he now knows that Eunsook and Sookie are indeed the same person because the hickey he left on her shoulder last night is peeking out beneath her cardigan as she talks to another teacher before she moves out of his line of sight.

“What is your deal?” Minho says to her when he walks into the front office.

Eunsook looks up startled when she hears his voice coming from next to her. She had been in the back corner of the front office, checking her mailbox. She tries to evade him again, but Minho grabs her arm. He knows it’s not polite or gentlemanly, but they were going to have this conversation.

“Mr. Choi, please! Let’s speak outside.” Eunsook says in a low voice, a look on panic on her face. She looks around anxiously to the pairs of eyes beginning to look up at them curiously.

Minho’s anger dissipates immediately. The panicked look in her eyes chilled him and his anger straight to the bone. He never wanted her to look at him like that again and he deeply regrets grabbing her arm. He drops his hand immediately.

Eunsook walks out with a reassuring smile on her face to the rest of the people in the front office as she leaves.

“I’ll be right back. Mr. Choi and I are going to discuss something out front.”

Minho follows her with an apologetic nod to the others for the disruption.

When they are far away from others, Eunsook put her arms firmly by her side and she starts to speak. Her voice is low, but controlled.

“Listen, I’m a very private person. I really do not like it when people at work know my personal business. What right do you have― … just because we’ve slept together”

Minho watches as fiery Sookie & overly-polite Eunsook became the same person right before his eyes. It was disorienting.

“—I know I lied, but you don’t own me all the same.” Eunsook finishes, her voice raises as she jabs him in the chest with her finger.

“You’re absolutely right.” Minho admits right away, putting his hands up in surrender. “This is your workplace and I shouldn't have done that and I definitely shouldn’t have ever laid a hand on you like that. I’m

Please log in to read the full chapter