Be strong.

Be strong

Note: Firts to all, English is not my first language so I'm really sorry for any mistake. I have a Beta (a lot of kisses for you ChoiMin, thank you so much for you work!) and togeher we're wroking hard. 

 

1

 

Its break time and GuanLin wants to be away because he needs to know about him, his lover, who hasn’t called him yet so he needs to know anything about him right now!

As Wanna One’s members rest GuanLin tries to call him. Nothing happened.

One more time.

Nothing.

GuanLin begins to feel like a fish out of the water. He feels he can’t breathe. Why he hasn’t called him yet? Why? He had said he would call him every single day. So, what had happened? Why DongHo doesn’t answer the phone?

GuanLin would like to talk with someone, but he can’t. He’s a minor and DongHo an adult. Nobody could understand them. Because yes, they’re in a relationship. A real relationship, with kisses and phrases like “I love you”. Only that, Due to age DongHo cannot do anything else, at least not until one or two years have passed, that’s when GuanLin becomes an adult.

One of his wishes was that DongHo could make it. But GuanLin makes it. DongHo couldn’t. Now, they’re in some kind of long-distance relationship. They rarely see each other. All is through the phone.

GuanLin takes a deep breath before looking at his cell phone. If DongHo doesn’t answer he will look for information alone. But what GuanLin finds it’s something fill with bad news.

A girl accuses DongHo of violence. She was DongHo’s girlfriend but he used to hit her.

No, says GuanLin to himself. It can’t be true. He isn’t like that. He can’t lie to me, no like this.

GuanLin reads more and more. He knows netizens are evil but what he reads is just too much. They judge DongHo as if they had known him since birth. Now, GuanLin is really angry.

One, two, three, he took a deep breath. He needs to calm down and read again, this time the recent posts of the victim. GuanLin can’t stop thinking what’s going to happen if she says the truth. What can he do? His heart is broken.

Fortunately, as he continues to read he finds the girl changes her story as time passed, a reason to breathe and calm his heart.

I knew it. DongHo couldn’t have been lying to me.

But, what he wants the most in the world right now is calling him. So, he tries again.

—GuanLin —someone say near to him. —Are you ok? You look pale.

It’s JiHoon, his best friend inside Wanna One. GuanLin can’t go away from him but he can’t tell him the truth either.

—I-I’m ok, hyung. I’m just tired as everyone in this room, you know?

—I know. We’ve practiced hard. I miss my mom as hell and… —and suddenly JiHoon closes his mouth.

—And...? —GuanLin asks.

JiHoon smiles.

—And all my family and other friends. But this is what I want, you know? My dream, so we need to be strong, understood?

—Understood

GuanLin realizes his friend thinks he’s just depressed or something like that, what is true in some way. He feels lucky because he hates to be lying to his best friend. But JiHoon says something true, this is his dream. His biggest dream. For this reason, DongHo and he are ok with their relationship. But How to feel good when he is dying to hear DongHo’s voice?

—It’s time to practice again, guys —shout Daniel.

JiHoon stands up in a second but GuanLin stays in his place. The older looks at him.

—GuanLin, we need to practice.

They will debut soon. They need to practice. This is his dream. But… What about DongHo? Why is so complicated?

GuanLin sees JiHoon’s hand… and he takes it.

I don’t know what to do.

***

Late that night, GuanLin is in the bathroom with his phone in hands.

0 calls.

He can’t stop thinking in what to do.

If DongHo hasn’t called him maybe they would put an end between them.

He takes a deep breath before dialing DongHo’s number.

I need to be strong.

Seconds pass and…

—Hello?

Finally!

—hyung! —The beating of his heart is faster than ever. To be honest, he doesn’t know what to say yet. —How are you? Why didn't’ you call me? You told me you would do it. —Suddenly, here he is, asking question by question. —I miss you so much, hyung! —He’s in tears now.

—Didn’t you read or see the news, GuanLin?

GuanLin’s eyes are open in surprised. DongHo just says GuanLin, not LinLin as usual. GuanLin knows now something is wrong. He takes a breath and tries to control his tears.

—Yes, I did. I Know she lied, isn’t she?

—Of course. I just know her from a play store near the company.

GuanLin feels a little better, but…

—So? What is the problem? You called me GuanLin, not LinLin, hyung.

Silence. A deeply and large silence.

Yes, something is wrong.

—We need to break up, GuanLin. You’re just a kid.

In just a second GuanLin’s heart was broken into a million of pieces and his eyes are full of tears.

Despite everything, he tries to control himself.

—And you tell me that now… wow! —He’s hurt. How in hell could DongHo’s words be true or have sense?

—I’m really sorry, GuanLin.

He can’t contain his tears and the pain he feels in his heart. The sobs come out of his mouth without control. Fortunately, no one seems to hear him because no one is coming for the next hour.

***

A hurt and red eyes GuanLin tries to walk in silence to his bedroom, which he share with his best friend, JiHoon. GuanLin only wish to find his roommate sleeping. But he isn’t. The light is off, but GuanLin can see something moving from across his bed and hear his friend’s sobs.

JiHoon is crying, a lot. Just like him minutes ago.

GuanLin can’t feel sad now.

—JiHoon, hyung. What’s happened? —JiHoon wipes his tears and shakes his head as GuanLin takes sit next to him.

—GuanLin, where have you been?

—Don’t you listen to me? What’s happened? Why are you crying? —But JiHoon shakes his head again.

Maybe is a good thing that the lights are off.

—Nothing happened. I just… I just… —JiHoon’s voice sounds broken and GuanLin can feel his pain perfectly, he feels the same, but that's something he cannot tell anyone right now. —Can you hug me, GuanLin? That’s all I need.

Yes, GuanLin can feel the same as JiHoon. He needs a hug too.

—of course, hyung. Come here… —GuanLin says as he open his arms.

That night is long for both of them.

—Hyung —GuanLin says when he sees the sun through the window behind them —yesterday you told me something true: We need to be strong, hyung. If you’re strong, I could be strong too.

JiHoon nods.

—You’re right. We need to be strong, GuanLin.

They didn’t know, but they suffer from the same, both broken up with their boyfriends last night.

***

In Nuest’s building, away from Wanna one’s, DongHo feels the agony to have broken up with GuanLin. He couldn’t sleep all night, for that reason he spent all night in the kitchen.

—DongHo. —MinKi says as he enters —why are you here?

—I couldn’t sleep, MinKi. —How could he? —It hurts too much! —DongHo feels MinKi’s hand in his back.

—You did the right thing, DongHo, you know. He’s young and he will debut soon. All media player will be above him. He doesn’t deserve malicious rumors around, you know?

—Yes, I know but…

—But nothing, DongHo. Our manager was near to find the truth, can you imagine what would happen? And not only to you, to him! Netizens are evil, DongHo. If you wanted to protect him, you did right.

Yes. The truth is DongHo loves GuanLin. He loves him very much. But all is wrong. On one side, GuanLin is just a kid with a brilliant future. From other hand, his recent rumor and his manager are dangerous to GuanLin. He can’t be like that. He needs to protect GuanLin and if that means keep him away from the younger, he will do it.

—I love him so much…

—I know, but you need to be strong, DongHo.

Now, the only thing DongHo can do is dream. Perhaps, one or two year later, GuanLin and he may meet again and be together forever and ever. Perhaps, GuanLin can understand the reasons for what he did and forgive him.

From now, I will be supporting you from the shadows, GuanLin, because I love you.

 

Notes: Thank you so much for reading thisn one shot. <3