Finished produce

We've never met but, can we get coffee sometime?

 

Song link - (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XZJ5mD6nSU)

He watched the dazzling boy from a few meters away. He had arrived around the time he usually did on a Tuesday, Chanyeol assumed that this was because it what around the time that the other finished work or school. Today it was raining. Meaning that the boy was wrapped up warm in an oversized sweater and held a umbrella high above his head. In his other hand he held a hot drink that was still seaming as he took of the lid. He sat in the bench across from Chanyeol as per usual turned his body so that he could view the garden behind him.

Chanyeol first started to notice the boys attendance to the garden a few months ago, it was a hot day then, but as the weeks went by so did summer. It had slowly began to fade, the summer turned to autumn. But the boy would still lay on the grass or perch himself on a bench every Tuesday afternoon. Come rain or shine he was there. Chanyeol has slowly become familiar with the soft looking blonde locks of the boy and the chocolate orbs that would stare at the flowers Chanyeol spent his days planting or tending to. He was happy that people like the boy noticed his efforts within the community garden, it somehow made his job feel worthwhile.

The rain pattered on top of the other boys umbrella providing sound for Chanyeol to listen to as he worked. That was until the boy broke their routine silence.

"I really love this garden" the blonde by spoke softly as Chanyeol had imagined he would. After a long pause in the attempted conversation, he spoke again.

"Sorry, It just seems rude not to converse with you considering we see each other every Tuesday. Sorry if that was weird?"

Chanyeol listened to the blabbering boy who after spitting out the words he wanted to say took a sip of his drink averting his eyes towards the ground. "Thanks"

 

"What?" The unnamed male looked up in shock at chanyeol, his face plastered with confusion and slight amusement.

"For what you said about the garden" he replied and cleared his throat "No one has ever complimented my work directly to me before. I erm, yeah..."

"Really! But its so lovely!"

"I'm glad you like it here..." Chanyeol swallowed a hard lump in his thoat. After admiring the blonde for such a long time he had imagined what his name may be. Now they were talking for real and not in his wild imagination he was too nervous to ask. But just as the silence ensued again the blonde filled up his ears, yet again answering Chanyeol's unspoken questions.

"My name is Baekhyun but you can just call me Baek if you like." He said, now walking over to the boy for a handshake. Chanyeol removed his gardening gloves and wrapped his hand around Baekhyun's, only slightly admiring the softness of his skin and delicate nails.

"Park Chanyeol," he gestured around towards the nature filled area that surrounded them "and this is my park"

Baekhyun giggled at what Chanyeol assumed was his stupidity, in all honesty, Baekhyun had found his dorkyness quite adorable.

Like Chanyeol, Baekhyun had been observing the other since the first day he stumbled across the secret garden in the middle of the busy city. Upon first entering the place he had fallen in love, not only with the victorian aesthetic of the garden but also with the tall dark haired boy covered in dirt that had emerged from the bushes about half an hour into Baekhyun being seated. Although he would never admit that it was weird and slightly stalkerish that he revisited the boy every Tuesday afternoon with his regular tall earl grey tea, he did admit to his attraction to Chanyeol. He just hoped that him speaking up first wouldn't scare him away like it usually did.

"You're funny" he said "I like you" Chanyeol blushed slightly, brushing some dirt from his knees.

"So you uh, really like the garden?"

"It's so relaxing, and the atmosphere is great."

Chanyeol smiled smugly, he was glad the conversation was steering this way. He was prepared to woo with his plant knowledge, the longer he thought about that though the more he realised how pathetic that sounded. "Thats the lavender!" He shouted enthusiastically, ushering Baekhyun over to the lavender patch in the corner of the garden. "Here smell"

He plucked a stalk from the patch and held it towards Baekhyun's tiny nose. Observing the timid freckles dotted across it, like children's footprints in the snow.

Baekhyun's eyes fluttered closed as he inhaled the floral smell. "Yep," he said opening them again "thats it"

 

The two chatted together for a long time, Chanyeol showing the blonde many of the hidden places in the garden that not many people other than himself saw. The miniature fairy garden. The antique wooden bridge that was just about collapsing stood proudly above the thin river Chanyeol had dug out some years ago. He told Baekhyun about how the garden was his grandmothers property and he had worked here since he dropped out of school. He told him about the honeysuckle tree that he was thinking about buying a bench for underneath. About how the donation box was always half full to him and not half empty, after-all that was the only thing keeping him living.

 

Baekhyun listened to every word Chanyeol spoke in awe. He was so different than his tall strong and handsome image, the boy was no more than an excited puppy.

He thought about how nice his skin looked in the sunlight, and how the dirt on his hands somehow suited him in an odd sort of way. He observer his large ears, almost too big for his head, burnt at the tips slightly. He thought about how lovely it would be to go on dates with the tall interesting boy. How good it would be to call him his.

And then he said it.

"I know we've never really met before but do you want to go for coffee sometime?"

Chanyeol looked at him dumbly. His head was swimming with answers. Most of them too embarrassing or creepy for him to say out loud. With you, I'd do anything Baekhyun. We could go get married instead. I thought you'd never ask. "Okay" was all he settled for in the end.

 

More notes from Lu -

Hey guys it's Lucy. I know I actually wrote something for the first time in about a year. Thing is I've just really not been motivated to write or thinking about writing. I'm sitting my A levels when I come back to school in September so work has been taking up the majority of my time. But hopeful this summer if i have any good ideas for one i will be starting a Baekyeol Fic! It most likely will be full length and will be released at the end of this summer. So If you wanna give me a follow because you're wanting a fluffy and maybe funny Baekyeol to read over the summer you're welcome to. Anyways I hope you have a lovely day/night, thanks for your support.