005

young gods / jungkook : begin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I'd like apologize ahead of time for any discrepancies or overly done angst. This was written at 4:37 am. My insomnia gets real bad when I'm on my period and I've been doing nothing but sit on my bed in my room, reading angsty BTS wattpad short stories with my fan blasting since the rest of my family fell asleep. Vibes. Regardless, I hope you enjoy.

Jeon Jungkook

She hasn't spoken a single word to me since last night. Other than order while we were training, not a word. Even when things had still been a bit awkward and tense with the rest of the boys and me, even when Jimin has been angry with me the first night at her house, Cicily had always approached with a smile and kind words. It was why I had developed such feelings for her. It didn't matter who it was, she treated every the same.

Cicily had the dirtiest mouth, but she was capable of saying the sweetest things.

And now I was on the receiving end of her very rare anger.

It went on for almost an entire week. Nothing but orders for me from outside the ring, or instructions on how I should maintain my diet. It was torture. Being around Cicily had quickly become one of my most favorite things to do. I'd seen a lot of success in my career, people respected me for it. Cicily didn't give a . She talked to me the way she saw fit, she only praised me for I did in the moment, nothing of my victories of the past. And I appreciated her for it.

And she fought with me. Not genuine arguments, but rapid banter and play fighting. She would always smile afterward to let me know that she wasn't actually angry or annoyed with me and those smiles were always my favorite.

Now she rarely smiled, and never at me.

But she had to understand what this fight with Jared meant to me. A chance to regain my pride as a fighter, a chance for revenge for the man who had humiliated me.

 took a turn, almost by age. They had no better luck. And so the days went on. I trained with Cicily, morning and night. During the day, I either hung out with my friends or had scheduled with her that were mind numbing tense and quiet.hyungsAfter Cicily failed attempt at trying to talk me out of the fight, each of my 

I took comfort in the fact that soon, this would all be over. At the end of the month, I would face Jared in the ring and I would triumph. And then maybe Cicily would finally talk to me again and I would have the career that I wanted back. Undefeated.

However, no matter how confident I grew, my mind would wander back to Cicily's words. More important than your family? More important than me? More important than your ing life? No matter how much I tried to convince myself otherwise, it felt like I was making the wrong choice by choosing to fight rather than listen to her.

And every time she would look away from me sadly as if I was breaking her heart just by coming to training, I knew I was right about making the wrong choice. But I was too forgone.

However, it would all be over tonight.

I sat next to Cicily in her car. She drove with her hands set firmly on the wheel, her lips set grimly. Behind us were Jimin, Yoongi, and Taehyung. The rest of my hyungs would meet us there. The car was dead silent.

She pulled up along side the busy road, stepping out of the car to locate a valet. I trailed after her, slinging my bag over my shoulder.

“Here,” she grabbed my shoulders and walked us past the main entrance towards a nearby alley. “The fighter can enter through here and wait in the back for their fight.” I try not to think about how it's the first time she's willingly touched me all week. She nods briskly at a bouncer at the back entrance who pulls away respectfully to let us past and I'm yet again reminded of her presence underground. Of her history.

We walk down narrow hallways with a low ceiling before she reaches a door. Quickly checking to see if the room is empty, she then herds us inside and shuts the door behind us. It's a small room, with two worn couches and a coffee table that I set my bag down on.

Cicily immediately s my bag, pulling out the many water bottles that she stashed inside and hands it to me.

“Drink, and try to relax. We've got almost an hour before your fight,” she tells me, guiding me to sit down at one of the couches. Her hands are warm on my shoulders but before she can step away from me, I pull her down beside me.

My friends take the hint, getting up from the other free couch.

“We're going to go look around, find the Hoseok, Seokjin, and Namjoon,” Jimin says, casting us a long glance.

“Okay, be safe,” Cicily says. They leave. And then it's just us.

We're quiet for a moment, but she hasn't pushed my hands away.

“Is there really nothing I can say that will make you change your mind,” Cicily asks finally. “Nothing I can say that will make you walk away? You don't have to fight him, I won't think of you any less.” Her words make it even more difficult for me to shake my head.

“But I would,” I tell her. “I would think of myself less.”

Cicily nods, taking the untouched water bottle from me and grabbing a thin packet from a small pocket on my bag. She rips the paper open and empties a powder into my drink. Screwing the lid on tightly, she shakes the liquid,

“It's glucose,” she tells me, handing the bottle back to me. “Drink it all, it will help you keep your energy all.”

So I do. The one that for that I can actually do. But the moment that I do, I begin to feel hazy and lethargic. I reach out for and grip her hands as she slowly lowers me on the couch. I can see an apology on her face but determination as well.

“Cicily. What did you do?” I ask, my voice growing slurred.

“I'm sorry, oppa.” Her voice is the last thing I hear as I feel the softness of on my forehead. “But I won't lose again.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter