End.

Bestfriends to Lovers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prompt:
WooGyu pretends to be a couple on April Fools Day.


"Let's pretend to be a couple." Woohyun suddenly said as he spun his soccer ball on the tip of his finger. He sent a glance to the man lying beside him, sprawled on his bed like he owned the place.

It was one of those days, Sunggyu was too lazy to go home so Woohyun had no choice but to lend him a space on his bed - Sunggyu would never sleep on the couch and neither would Woohyun. It was no big deal since their parents were friends and they were practically together since they were in diapers -Sunggyu even had some clothes stashed in one of Woohyun's drawers.

"K." Sunggyu answered not sparing his friend a glance. He was currently busy throwing pokeballs to a Golbat he spotted on the ceiling.

Woohyun caught his ball and peered over Sunggyu's shoulder. He groaned, "You have to take me seriously! It's April Fools tomorrow!"

The bestfriends never cared about April Fools not until that unfortunate day when Woohyun and a classmate of them, Minho, got into an argument over who was more popular - the captain of the track and field team (Minho) or the captain of the soccer team(Woohyun). It was childish, they both knew it but neither wanted to back down. It even resulted to a bet. 

The person who will be the talk of the school on April Fools will be the winner. The loser should graciously accept defeat and the fact that the winner is in no doubt the most popular.

"I told you I'd help you. I'm okay with anything". Sunngyu said, eyes still focused on the screen of his phone.

Woohyun scrunched his eyebrows, a thought in his head. "Nah.. I don't think it will work." He spun the ball on his finger again and imagined them together doing couple stuff -holding hands, feeding each other and probably kissing? His ears felt hot at the thought.

It wasn't gross to him. He actually was curious. He had been in a lot of relationships with women and considered himself straight. But his mind just couldn't stop wondering. He always had that thought -whenever he hugged Sunggyu at night coz the man was just so soft and warm and he thought he fit perfectly in his arms; whenever he pecked those thin lips at night just as Sunggyu slept because he thought, it, he was asleep; whenever he woke up with Sunggyu's face close to his and he thought of how cute his friend was in the morning even in bed head -he thought he might not be as straight as a pole.

"Got ya!!" Sunggyu suddenly pumped a fist in the air startling Woohyun off his thoughts. He had just captured the pokemon he had been trying to capture for the last 5 minutes.

Woohyun rolled his eyes and groaned. 

"I think acting as a couple is a good idea." Sunggyu said turning to his sulking bestfriend with a grin.

Woohyun snorted, "I don't think you can act. Remember when you sabotaged our group's play by screwing your lines."

Sunggyu slapped his friend's arm, "Because you gave me Juliet's role you bastard!" 

Woohyun laughed remembering Sunggyu in a gown for their play, complete with make-up and wig. It was such a sight. After that, Sunggyu didn't talk to him for days.

"Honest to God you were pretty that time." he countered pinching his friend's cheek. Sunggyu slapped the offending hand.

"Nam Woohyun I'm gonna leave you right now and you're gonna lose to Minho tomorrow." Sunggyu made a motion to get up but Woohyun quickly wrapped his legs and arms around him preventing him from leaving.

"Sorry, let's go with pretending to be a couple." Woohyun pleaded with his most pitiful puppy eyes. 

Sunggyu rolled his eyes. Not like Nam Woohyun's puppy eyes was his weakness, he just couldn't say no to Woohyun no matter what. 

"Fine." he said with a sigh. He promised to help him anyway. One day wouldn't hurt.


****


The walk to the school was filled with silence and awkwardness. There they were walking side be side like usual but with hands and fingers linked together. 

It was Woohyun's idea. He wanted their relationship to look convincing to everyone so he opted for the most subtle way to start the day. He could go for grand gestures like waiting at the school gate with flowers and balloons or making a confession in front of the entire school, but that would look totally fake. 

Students who walk to school would surely see them. And what's the best way to spread news but through gossip. 

The President of Student Council and the Captain of Soccer team are dating!

"Gyu, you're so tense." Woohyun whispered causing Sunggyu to jump in suprise. Woohyun sighed, "I knew this is a bad idea, you look so obvious!"

Sunggyu fought the urge to whack his friend's head, "I'm doing my best here!" He retorted, squeezing Woohyun's hand tight. 

Woohyun winced in pain and glared at his friend, "Aww stop, stop sorry okay?!" 

"Serves you right!" Sunggyu loosened his grip and nudged the pouting Woohyun. "Smile. Our schoolmates are looking at us" 

Woohyun followed Sunggyu's line of sight and saw two freshmen not so subtly snapping photos of them. An evil smile spread across his face. He turned to his bestfriend.

"Babe, go ahead first I need to buy something." Woohyun said a bit loudly effectively gaining other students' attention. With a smile, he leaned down and pecked Sunggyu on the cheek. 

Sunggyu's eyes widened. He was dumbstruck at the sudden endearment followed by a kiss. There were sounds of shutters heard and before he could even react, Woohyun was already far away happily waving and sending flying kisses.

Currently Trending:
#NamWoohyun
#KimSunggyu
#newestcouple

 

***

 

"You two explain. Since when??" Sungyeol asked, arms folded on his chest. He felt betrayed, he just found out his friends were dating through the students' secret online forum! He glared at his friends currently sitting in front of him.

"I've always had the idea that they were dating." Myungsoo spoke in a lazy manner. He was sitting beside Woohyun elbows propped on his desk and chin resting on his palms. "I mean, Pres sleeps at Woohyun's place frequently. Look he's even wearing Woohyun's uniform today." He pointed the name tag stitched on the chest of the uniform Sunggyu was wearing.

Sunggyu forgot to bring over a fresh set of uniform and the ones he had at Woohyun's house were all dirty so he had no choice but to borrow Woohyun's. It wasn't like the first time he had ever borrowed Woohyun's uniform. What's the big deal?

"Oh my gahd, we're still in highschool and you're already ually active! Just at least wait until you're both eighteen!" Sungyeol screamed hysterically.

Sunggyu gasped, eyes wide and cheeks beet red. Did he just say ?? The entire classroom's attention were now on them. Some were whispering while others were busy typing on their phones. Sunggyu elbowed Woohyun who was currently nodding at whatever Sungyeol was spouting and not doing anything to clear the wrong speculation.

"Who said we had se..se...ex?! What the ?" Sunggyu decided he better do something because Woohyun was being a total douche. "FYI! This isn't the first time I'm wearing his uniform."

"Oh my gahd so you've done it many times already!" Sungyeol gasped eyes wide.

"WE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING! URGHHHHH" Sunggyu spat pulling his hair in annoyance.

"Yeah, we didn't do anything. We just slept on my bed side by side, that's all. Completely innocent." Woohyun finally spoke, a mischievous grin on his face. 

Currently Trending:
#Nam Woohyun
#KimSunggyu
#didtheIT

 

***

 

"Nam Woohyun this is blowing out of proportion!!" Sunggyu snapped as he scrolled through the students' forum. They were on break so they had decided to spend their free time at the field. 

Woohyun who was lying on the grass, head resting on Sunggyu's lap, chuckled. "Babe, that's the whole point. We need to be talked about." 

Sunggyu rolled his eyes, "Can you please call me by my name?" 

Woohyun chuckled, "Don't want to. It's really nice to see you blush whenever I call you.... babeee" 

Sunggyu slapped the chuckling male on the chest, "I'm not blushing! Ugh! You're so annoying!" 

Woohyun chuckled more and muttered cute. "Anyone talking about Minho at the moment?" He asked as he play with Sunggyu's tie.

"There are few posts about his announcement of leaving the track and field team but no one's really paying much attention."

"What about us?"

Sunggyu made a face, "It's crazy. People are even talking about who tops and bottoms." 

"And...?" Woohyun u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter